It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does it make you feel went people laugh at you about conspiracies?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
How does it make you feel went people laugh at you about conspiracies? Talking about when you have a solid argument,backed up with facts and people just gloss over it and laugh. But when lying corporate sponsored news/propaganda comes on they parrot the lies like its gospel.

Its like seeing what brainwash looks like first hand.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

My brother in law, who's a waste water engineer, poopoo'd my concerns about fluoride. So Christmas night, I went online, and printed out two well researched scientific articles about the effects fluoride has on the development of the human brain, as well as the other detrimental health effects, such as dental fluorodosis. Now, it's up to him to read these articles and come to his own conclusions...but rather than cry about him not believing me, I decided I would show him.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
i prefer myself to display some fatcs mostly shown here on ats and if they dont listen and im made out to be the idiot then so be it....the wikileaks insurance file etc was a jake to my co-workers and nwthey ask me bout it all the time....i try to get across the more mainstream issues and that can then get them onto the more iteresting side of things

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

First, starred and flagged.

I think like most ATS members I don't care a rat's rear end what anyone else thinks of me. I know what I am, who I am, where I've been, what I've seen, and what I can and have done.

What is that quote? There are none so blind as those who will not see.

I like to add:

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Easy I just ask them a question..

If someone is cheating on their partner and everybody knows but keeps it a secret for their own reasons. That is a conspiracy. We all know someone who has been involved in this scenario, so to say "conspiracies" do not exist is just.... well the person is not very bright to say the least.

I then also point out that if they think conspiracies only stay that small, then they lack imagination and are living in a fantasy world. You are an idiot to think they don't exist.

So the question then becomes, which conspiracies are real or not. Not of they exist.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I am not bothered if others do not share my views or curiosity to look deeper than the MSM for information regarding current events. Even if they make fun of me for it.. It doesn't mess with my confidence because I have based my beliefs off of research and experience, where as they believe whatever makes them comfortable or what they are told to believe. There's no use in even wasting your breath or time trying to make a person like that take conspiracy "theories" seriously. If anything, I feel pity for people like that because they have lost their ability to think and reason.
edit on 27-12-2010 by Circular Universe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
It makes me feel.... very... ANGRY!!!!

*bursts into quadruple sized green monster (with purple shorts)*

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Well at first, it did bother me to see how my family would look at me as if I lost my flippin mind, I have been researching Area 51 and other underground bases, UFO, Abduction cases, Rosewell, the Dulce War,and whistle blowers, the starchild skull, the list can go on since I was in 8th grade, I believe I was 12? or 13? Now that I am 25 and with the help of Ancient Aliens, I have started conversations on the things Ive looked into, and talking about the show and that distant look as they listen to me lets me know that its going in one ear and out the other...But with in the last few months, since the preliminary results of the Starchild and UFO and Nukes Confrence along with the UN appointing a lady as representative for first contact, and now the nasa announcement of an arsenic eatting germ... my parents are starting to listen to me more, I must admit alot of my stuff with in the last 6 months has been about stuff that I learned through here at ATS. My stepdad and mother are actually opening there eyes and minds to a new concept and its exciting now!! But when I was 15-23 if I ever mentioned something in nature to these topics they would roll their eyes, laugh, say that I had a big imaginiation, blah blah blah... I used to tell them...ONE DAY.... One day you will want to know all that I know, and I will gladly tell you, I wouldnt laugh at you for being "STUPID!" and I think that day is slowly creeping up

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I always find it interesting when people say they are laughed at for talking about the things talked about here. Maybe the presentation is the problem. I talk to non-ATSers about stuff I read here all the time and I have never been laughed at or looked at weird. It usually sparks really good conversation.

I remember the first time I brought up UFOs to my father - whom I never thought would have had any thoughts on it and figured he would roll his eyes at me...we had a great and very interesting conversation on it.
edit on December 27th 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I laugh at me about conspiracies.

It's like reading the national enquirer, some stories are just strange but true, while others are just fiction. If you buy into ALL conspiracies, people should laugh. If you enlighten someone with the truth, you can laugh about it together.

Either way, half of the people I meet are clueless about the ways of the world. These will be the ones who laugh, because they believe what the media tells them to. I guess that makes me feel a little superior to them.

Let them laugh!

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Ever consider that your presentation is part of the problem? That you don't read your audience well? That you don't bring them along? That you tend towards the most outrageous, rather than the most understandable?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

I feel nothing but contempt...

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
No matter the topic, I have yet to find anyone in the non cyber world either laugh at me or ridicule me for my thoughts... In all honestly, I censor myself much more on ATS than I do in the non cyber world.. so it is here, on ATS that I feel more at risk of being laughed at or ridiculed.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
i never talk to people 'irl' about alternate subjects, i'm always in the minority and i'm hopeless at debating.
i dont have much desire to sway people to my way of thinking anyway, if people want to see the world as the goggle box tells them it is, i dont care for getting red faced trying to convince them otherwise.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Give up !! Stop trying to convert the Sheepeople... Worry about yourself and direct family !! I have been up this road trying to tell people they should prepare and have a little "insurance" just in case the "storm" hits and as per most they dont see the warning signs on the 6pm news so it doesnt exist. So be it i say... Not to many folk believed in Noah when he was building the ark so i figure im in the same boat. Prepare ! Stay frosty ! and prepare the mind for the coming future...

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I research for my personal knowledge and how to make choices. If people ask about a choice I make, I will give them generally the reason, but they must ask and find the way. If they choose to keep asking, they will know a bit more each time of how I came to one conclusion after the next and walk them down a path I took.

I don't feel the need to crusade around the world and demand people view things through my eyes...only when they are curious how I view things will they know

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I feel sorry for them since they are so dumbed down by the propaganda. These people will eventually wake up, but by then it will be too late for many of them. We Conspiracy Theorists clearly have an advantage in today's world since we are awake and know what is going on IMO...

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
it makes me feel like "i know something you dont know" and "ignorance is bliss" and "i like rainbows"
edit on 27-12-2010 by thisisnotaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I find people's naivity both frustrating and frightening,

I frequently point out the health effects of the poisons in the food,and am told that I am always negative.
They think that if it was bad for you the government wouldn't allow it.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

It makes feel happy. I gave them something to think about, and put a smile at their sad faces.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join