It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are "W" and "K"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Everyone has "W" and "K" in their posts, what do they stand for, and how do they increase?

Also, why is the year formated as "0909", "0808", and so on?

Thanks in advance people.
edit on 12 27 1010 by Cricious because: Added question mark to title.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Cricious

Nobody is actually allowed to tell you what the W and K mean. Suffice to say that once you discover their true meaning you will wish that you hadn't. That which is seen can not be unseen

To start you on your quest answer me this riddle.

My first is in Jelly but never in Jam
My legs are full of helium
If you say my name backwards I become forwards.
What am i?

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Well, that's a pretty clever game.

In fact, Google, couldn't solve your riddle. So I just Googled a bit for ATS, "W", and "K", and effectively found my answer Here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Still not sure about the "W", so I think someone can actually help me with that one

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Cricious

W stands for Way above top secret and it's another points thing like K but worked out slightly differently.

If you get enough W points you can enter a "special" forum called way above top secret that does not show up in google results, not that much happens there though.

I think that is how it works anyway, I know I can post in W.A.T.S but I'm still confused about how all of the points things work and what they mean

Edit to add.

Sorry about the stupid riddle, I was just having a little fun

edit on 27-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Yeah I was reading it uses complex algorithms and such...

At any rate, at least I know what they mean. Thanks for the help and for the riddle that will kill me through the whole night

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
One more question, may be related.

What are "ATS Points" exactly and how do you earn them?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
As many have noticed, a new "KARMA" parameter has been added to the mini-profiles... and perhaps because of some of the comments in this thread, I moved-up the integration plan a bit.

First... the "WATS" score. I know many believe there to be some controversy or at the least, unfairness, in the method of calculation for the "Way Above Top Secret" ranking. The concerns/comments/ideas have not been ignored, but since the intent is to apply a heavy statistical weight to those who start threads, I believe the oft-discussed formula serves that purpose well, but may be refined as a result of the KARMA rank in order to place a much higher value on flags.

However, there are lots of members who contribute well, but may not start many threads; the KARMA score is for them. The karma calculation places a high weight on stars, a secondary weight on staff applause, and a tertiary lesser-weight on Flags; then compares all that against the number of posts. So that it is indeed possible for a new member with few threads, but great ideas in lots of replies, to achieve a higher "KARMA" than long-time high-WATS members.

Okay... I know what you're thinking, "This can be abused."

Any system can be gamed in one way or another. However, since the new calculation is based on a combination of factors that includes the input of staff applause, it won't be easy.

So enjoy your Karma while it lasts. Tomorrow, a new person may join whose awesomeness whips yer but.

edit on 27-10-2010 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

S= Stars
K= Karma
F= Flags
W= Wats

did i miss anything?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

way above top secret ..?? you mean RATS .. Really above top secret

do i have enough W to enter this WATS you speak about ?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
All the answers to your questions can be found in the Freshman's Forum

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I did what op did to find out what K and W are, have the answer now. but am left with a new question........
What is the answer to the riddle!!!! lol. ive looked for an hour now and cant find it!

top topics

join