It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security Chief Napolitano Defends Airport Pat-Downs, Full-Body Scans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Homeland Security Chief Napolitano Defends Airport Pat-Downs, Full-Body Scans

www.foxnews.com

WASHINGTON – The use of full-body scanners and invasive pat-downs at airports around the country will not change for the "foreseeable future," Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said in an interview broadcast Sunday.

While saying that she is always looking to improve the security systems in place, Napolitano added that the new technology and the pat-downs were "objectively safer for our traveling public
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.msnbc.msn.com

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Of course, they did after all just purchase a bunch of these scanners including mobile scanners.

I think we would have been better off firing every department head that failed on 9/11 instead of the route of destroying paradise in order to save it.

These are strong words from such a little person. How can she just dismiss these failed tests? Even with these unconstitutional procedures in place?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
They've spent the money and have plans to be further invasive of our persons. And all in the name of safety. What else would she say? Over the next few years, it's going to get harder and harder to travel around freely, no matter the form of transportation. :shk:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
i wonder why they want biometric scans of every american so badly.

its obviously for something they have planned for us in the future.

maybe it has something to do with the RFID system they want to implement for everything

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Okay BH, I am going to give you a chance...............

Call out your favorite party and head of the Executive Branch.

Come on, you can do it................just a little NUDGE as someone says.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
Okay BH, I am going to give you a chance...............

Call out your favorite party and head of the Executive Branch.

Aw... what's the matter? Can't pigeonhole me?
Sorry, I just don't fit neatly under one label or another. I have never been a member of a political party (and never will), but I think my favorite would have to be Libertarian.

My favorite head of the Executive Branch? Well, there's only one, so I'd go with him.

But as far as recent presidents, I'd say Carter was an interesting person and honorable man, but not a very good president. Eisenhower was a pretty good president, as were Clinton and T. Roosevelt. I would have liked JFK to have more of a chance because I think he may come out at the top of my list. I think Obama is a good person and has the potential to be a great president. We shall see.

It's not the people, but the policies that I either stand with or against. And this policy, I stand against. Is that hard to understand?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I'm a disabled vet. Big surprize with the scope of my posts/threads. I have an artificial knee. Recently I had to travel overseas. I set off every alarm/bell/whistle that TSA had. I received more pat-downs than a drunken sorority chick on pledge night.

I don't know if I nor anyone else felt safer. I'd like to know how many terrorists have been caught with this technique. How many lives have been saved.

IMHO, this is just the administrations way of putting a crisis to good use.

The slow and gentle eroding of our freedoms.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Aw... what's the matter? Can't pigeonhole me?
Sorry, I just don't fit neatly under one label or another. I have never been a member of a political party (and never will), but I think my favorite would have to be Libertarian.

My favorite head of the Executive Branch? Well, there's only one, so I'd go with him.

But as far as recent presidents, I'd say Carter was an interesting person and honorable man, but not a very good president. Eisenhower was a pretty good president, as were Clinton and T. Roosevelt. I would have liked JFK to have more of a chance because I think he may come out at the top of my list. I think Obama is a good person and has the potential to be a great president. We shall see.

It's not the people, but the policies that I either stand with or against. And this policy, I stand against. Is that hard to understand?

No, you have defended this executive branch since I was just a doomsayer.
Now that I am a giant, I am calling it the way I see it. I guess the way Thomas Covenant needed Saltheart for his pragmatism among other attributes.

No, it is getting absolutely hostile in the US. The economy has not changed one Iota in 3 years now. Peeps can point to the Dow numbers and they would be laughed at by anyone that frequents Zero Hedge twice a year.

The large problem facing this nation is numbers. Funny thing about the first Great Depression, the population back then was what (google interlude) 121 Million to 139 Million. At a 25% unemployment, you had what 6 million unemployed?

I have started 4 ventures now, one is picking up steam. My latest field has been decimated-construction. I can build anything, but there is none of that going on. Hell, the place I left has not done anything for 2 years now. They actually had a special on ONE church being built on the NATIONAL television, talk about the national news grasping at straws. Anyone in the construction field laughed when they saw that.

Been a Libertarian all my life, voted in every election for the past 25 years. Sometimes I just wrote in myself as a joke. Got the results just to see my name on the sheets.

Anyway, what I am talking about is your ambivalence on calling out the current admin. Seen the latest? Largest military budget EVER.

Oh the humor!

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I remember when i was in school about a million years ago, our teachers would tell us one of the greatest things about our country was we were free to move about as we please without fear of harressment.....guess those days are over. I am retired and have been riding around the country on my Harley for about 6 years now and it is getting harder and harder to just ride. You get pulled over and grilled over not having a permenent address....i have even been jailed for vagrency even though i have money and a motel room. The real reason......and they even told me......was to run a background check and to encourage me to leave when released

oddly when i ride with a pack they tend to just follow us, guess its harder to harress 100 bikers than one.

i

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by lastrebel

I know what you mean. The last straw for me, when I left Fresno CA, was when it took me 2 hours to go 7 miles. I was stopped at two separate "DUI checkpoints". With the economy and the gestapo tactics, I had-had enough. Went back to my second home, the recently turned red Republic of Wisconsin.

I will weep for California when it goes into chaos over the next few years. I was born in the hospital at Castle Air Force base.

The last numbers show that in 2012, the entire budget of California will be used to pay for the government subsistence and pensions entirely. Not one dime left for anything else. Idiocy.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Many years ago I took my wife (then girlfriend) to see the Hollywood Premier of the Second Indiana Jones Movie.

It was at Mann’s Chinese Theatre and the lines were stretched around the block.

I am not one for standing in lines, never have been, never will be, so I walked up near to the front and offered one of the ticket takers a 100.00 to let me line. Unbelievably the guy said no, I don’t want to lose my job.

So I offered him 200.00 to let us in line and he still said no, he didn’t want to lose his job.

So I offered him 500.00 (as it was now becoming an embarrassing test of wills).

He still said no.

I looked at him as I counted out a 10, 100 dollar bills and said look, your job isn’t worth this much money, they pay you minimum wage, take the 1,000.00 let me in line, quit your job that’s probably 2 months of take home pay right there and go find another one for crying out loud.

The guy said no! If you don’t leave right now I will call the police.

You see some people won’t sell out. Inexplicably in that case if you ask me, the guy was a poor immigrant they couldn’t have been paying him more than minimum wage but he didn’t care, all he cared about was his principles.

So who is really defending the Airport Pat-Downs, the Homeland Security Secretary or the people who sold out their constitutional rights and human dignity for the “Price of Admission”.

I know what most of you are thinking right now but the story had a happy ending, the usher at the other door let me in line for 50.00!

The moral of the story is of course some people sell out more cheaply than others.

Some people won’t sell out at all.

Was it fear or pride that kept the first usher from ‘selling out’, I think it was a little of both, though it’s hard to say.

Was it larceny or apathy that allowed the second usher to sell out so cheaply (obviously I would have paid a lot more) or was it just down right greed? Hard to say?

Personally I don’t care what Homeland Security Chief Napolitano has to say, and chances are no one will at the Nuremburg Style Trials that are bound to be trying most of the officials in our warmongering Nazi government before they hang them.

Will the shame be theirs though or will the shame be ours?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
No, you have defended this executive branch since I was just a doomsayer.

I have not defended this executive branch. I have defended or objected to policies and political issues.

Anyway, what I am talking about is your ambivalence on calling out the current admin.

When I have disagreed with the policies of this administration, I have said so. When I have disagreed with Obama, I have said so. Just as I am disagreeing with Janet here. And I am saying so. I'm not sure of your point...

Seen the latest? Largest military budget EVER.

And I totally disagree with the war AND the military. And I have said so. What's the issue?

Look. If you want to talk about BH's politics and whatever it is that you're trying to get at, please start another thread. This is entirely off topic and I'm uncomfortable continuing this conversation in this thread. Thanks.

My apologies to the OP for entertaining these off-topic posts.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
i wonder why they want biometric scans of every american so badly.

its obviously for something they have planned for us in the future.

may

be it has something to do with the RFID system they want to implement for everything

This in my opinion is the goverment testing RFID allready implanted in subjects that have volunteered to randomly go through these machines. The media made terrorist war to keep the people in the fear state continues. The machines will appear in buildings and all transportation facilities very soon too.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Alright, I will stop off topic.

Just.....................................would like clarification now and then. Later.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
next time u get a patdown moan a lot
problem solved

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Just currious, is it possibly because it's the only way uptight female democrats get any action...............most of them look so rough it's not even funny.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Today I watched Candy Crowley interview Janet Napolitano on CNN, not because I wanted to, but out of curiosity to see how many deceptions and lies I could count. I was not shocked at my high count, but instead, noticed the ease at which they deliver the lies. This reminded me of an article I read about Daved Geffen, co-founder of DreamWorks, where he stated, "They lie with such ease".

The interview was, of course, rehearsed. Like clockwork, both were able to rationalize the dire and swift need for security at airports, new agenda to report anyone, including your neighbor, for suspicious behavior. Robotically, Candy Crowley mentioned the "Big Brother" perception and exactly what constitutes "suspicious behavior"? If the person watching is totally ignorant about what is truly happening, they will have a warm and fuzzy moment and unwittingly feel a sense of security that our government only cares about our safety and welfare. They will not notice or care that they are sacrificing their freedoms for their agenda to control us. This mind control will not even be realized by the majority. A painless transition into an accepted normalcy.

I have passed the shock and awe stage. I am no longer appalled at their hubris and "in your face" arrogance. They are too far along with their agenda for us to stop them. The U.S. will not fall in one day. We will not hear a thunderbolt or experience an earthquake moment. It will be a gradual fall similar to Rome's. Roman citizen's did not even notice a change had taken place for years. The "Roman Empire" was still alive in many people's minds for decades. It was just a different empire that still exists today. Just a nip and tuck, a few changes here and there, a geographical shift and government continues operating as usual.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Ahh... leave BH in peace

It doesn't matter what party you vote for or why cause it is the system that is screwed up.
That's it... Nothing will ever really change as long as the system doesn't change.

My opinion is that not following any particular party while adding that you like some of the people that play it is the most honest answer you are ever gonna get.

However for addressing the system we might be in the wrong forum so I'll shut up now.

Merry Christmas for as long as it will still last to you all

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
They've spent the money and have plans to be further invasive of our persons. And all in the name of safety. What else would she say? Over the next few years, it's going to get harder and harder to travel around freely, no matter the form of transportation. :shk:

Wait till ya get a load of THIS plan...

F.A.S.T. by DHS - Fascist Attribute Screening Technology
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I will enjoy watching each of these shills get lynched on the town square when the revolution starts. It is no longer a mater of if, it is simply a matter of when.

I travel frequently for my job and pass through airport security as least 4 times each week. I am targeted for "Enhanced security screening" almost every time I pass through. I "opt out" of the radiation and am regularly subjected to sexual assault and battery for "safety" purposes. And every time I am being groped, I get in their heads and ask questions like, "Do you see the similarities between what you're doing and what Hitler did?" or "At what point do your personal morals and values prevent you from terrorizing innocent people?" or "Apparently people will do anything for money, including comitting sexual assault and terrorizing the public." You can totally see it sink in. During one sexual assault, the individual just stopped mid-way through and told me I was free to go.

I think that these elitist have misjudged how far people will be willing to go to implement their agenda for them. When it all blows up - and it will soon - and the lines are drawn, they are going to be dismayed to find that they have very few people willing to back them up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join