It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security Chief Napolitano Defends Airport Pat-Downs, Full-Body Scans

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I looked at him as I counted out a 10, 100 dollar bills and said look, your job isn’t worth this much money, they pay you minimum wage, take the 1,000.00 let me in line, quit your job that’s probably 2 months of take home pay right there and go find another one for crying out loud

I wish we had a country full of people like the guy that said No to you. This is one of the biggest problems with America and the rest of the world. People, some in desperation having to sacrifice their ethics and moral values and being easily bought and conned at the expense of their own quality of life. You put a dollar amount on what you thought his lively hood was worth to you, with no concern of what it was worth to him and possibly his wife and kids and you were pissed about it? Then you go find someone else to take advantage of, have them risk their job at 5% of the cost you were willing to give the last guy, so you can go to the front of the line? I find your post very sad, disturbing, arrogant and shallow, point or no point.

edit on 26-12-2010 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Be good citizens... Remember the state is always right.. Now get back in line and dont question the will of the state.. Thus the clampdown continues.. A fine day in the totalitarian states of amerika

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtnshredder

I looked at him as I counted out a 10, 100 dollar bills and said look, your job isn’t worth this much money, they pay you minimum wage, take the 1,000.00 let me in line, quit your job that’s probably 2 months of take home pay right there and go find another one for crying out loud

I wish we had a country full of people like the guy that said No to you. This is one of the biggest problems with America and the rest of the world.

The truth is we don’t and I think if you do a little investigation you will find that a lot of palms were greased in getting these machines sold and contracted into airports. Whether it’s lobbyists giving congressmen on select committees all expense paid junkets to golf weekends in Bermuda, or Government Procurement Office officials bribery has been endemic since the time of Caesar, who he himself would have small fortunes in stolen trinkets from the Gaul’s thrown into the throngs of people on the street to garner their support against the Senate.

Graft makes the world go round.

Part of what makes it so attractive to so many people who take bribes is because the low wages most people are paid make the extra money a very attractive thing.

Now you might be thinking why a congressman or Senator would need ‘extra’ money, but believe it or not Joe Biden was not known as the poorest man in the Senate for nothing.

Money is how many people keep score, for others it’s a means to an end, for the poorest of the poor it’s a necessity.

People, some in desperation having to sacrifice their ethics and moral values and being easily bought and conned at the expense of their own quality of life.

This has happened to most people as a cultural construct way before they ever considered or if they ever considered taking a bribe. In our world Cash is King and the Golden Rule is "He who has the Gold gets to make the rules".

Another example from the life of Proto: One of my first real jobs was at 14 working at a Roy Rogers fast food restaurant as a fried chicken cook. Now this particular franchise happened to be in SilverSprings MD and happened to be blocks from where the owner famed Hotelier J.W. Marriott lived. So he would quite frequently stop in the restaurant since it was so close to his home and his church.

The first time he came in when I was working the store manager, district manager and regional manager along with J.W. Marriott walked up to me and said "Proto this is J.W. Marriott the owner" as J.W. himself stuck out his hand with a great big broad toothy smile to shake mine.

I raised up my right hand and made a dismissive wave with it with a contemptuous look on my face and replied looking at J.W. dead in the eye "Oh the guy who makes a fortune off of underpaying child labor and making them work in unhealthy and dangerous conditions?" As I turned my back on him I said "I wouldn't shake his hand for all the tea in China".

The collective managers made excuses for me to minimize the embarassment pointing to my insane productivity (I have always been a very hard and competent worker and can usually do the work of two or three people) and my 'tempermental' nature.

But when ever J.W. would come to the Restaurant after that the General Manager would insist I hide in the Walk-in Freezer until he left behind boxes of frozen french fries stacked to the ceiling.

Now I know what you are saying, well if you were willing to tell him to go take a flying leap why did you go along with that, and the truth is the hostess who I was dating that worked there was so hot, I could use the cooling off from time to time.

Moral: People are taught to sell out and there is almost always something that will get you to sell out even though it might not be money.

You put a dollar amount on what you thought his lively hood was worth to you, with no concern of what it was worth to him and possibly his wife and kids and you were pissed about it?

I offered the guy the equivalant of 4 weeks take home pay, which in my own humble opinion was dumb to turn down, if the guy hadn't been so rude and threatened to call the police I would have upped it with an offer of a much better job too. It's called freewill, I have the right to subvert people to mine, they have a right to cling to theirs, this is how the world works.

What I was putting a dollar amount on was standing in line with 5,000 other people ahead of me, and how much it was worth to me, to not do that.

Did I respect him for turning down the offer? Honestly no, you don't get far in life playing by the rules that are stacked against you.

Then you go find someone else to take advantage of, have them risk their job at 5% of the cost you were willing to give the last guy, so you can go to the front of the line?

Actually 50.00 for a line cut is a very fair proposition, I think you have likely witnessed people who will attempt such things without paying for the privelege!

It's called "Trickle Down Economics"

Now so you might be able to better consider Proto's world, in Proto's world it's patently offensive to line people up like cattle and pack them into huge establishments all for the sake of big dollars.

That's exactly what mega theatres like Mann's are doing, lining you to herd you, to take your money as you pass, letting you stop by the feeding trough for a price (the popcorn stand) as you go, and placing you in your stahl (your seat) to be entertained.

Some people like those herd activities I don't but my girlfriend wanted to see the movie that night, and I was feeling indulgent.

The guy who made the fifty dollars probably felt he was taking advantage of me and in a way he was, I was having to pay for 'access' in a convenient way.

Now how fair is 50.00 for such a service? I once bumped George H.W. Bush Sr. out of his hotel room at the Hotel Chervo in Sardinia (the nicest room in the hotel) for 50.00!

So no I didn't take advantage of anyone...in fact what I did was display that some people won't sell out, and some people will.

TO ME.

But here is what you don't get, the man who turned down the much more generous bribe had already sold out to a Corporation, for a pittance, that makes huge profits, treats him poorly, pays him worse, and then will discard them on a whim.

So yeah he sold out too, and this is how the Powers that Be think, and this is why this post is worth reading if you are trying to better understand how the Powers that Be make the world go round.

They think all of us sell out too cheaply, are too timid, too easily herded, to quick to do anything without questioning, lack ambition and are afraid to take risks.

They on the other hand don't think that way, which is why they can get some people to line up even to be radiated and electronically stripped searched, where some people like me wouldn't do that for any price or for anything.

They simply have you trained to their side of the coin, that corporate side of the coin of follow the rules, play by the rules, do what you are told.

Now how happy do you think George Bush was when he stepped out on his tiny little balcony overlooking the Porto Chervo and saw me smiling and waving on my five level 500 square foot balcony he was supposed to have had?

Money becomes the great equalizer and I frankly will never pass up a chance to embarass someone of that ilk, and I don't care what it costs me, whether it's making George H.W. Bush look like a second class citizen, or embarassing J.W. Marriott in front of his employees.

I find your post very sad, disturbing, arrogant and shallow, point or no point.

And that's great, everyone is entitled to an opinion, the story has a moral, whether you agree with it or not.

It's pretty simple do you want to stand in line of your own volition and be bombarded with dangerous radiation and treated like a common criminal to use a service you are paying for and be so stupid as to blame it on Bin Laden or Janet Napolitano, or do you want to man up and admit you are the person selling out your dignity because you are 'told' by people who sold you out already, because they know you sure aren't going to stand up for yourself anyway.

See the whole point of these stories (Proto stories) if is there is a will there is a way, but it all starts with will.

So no it's not Bin Ladens fault, it's not Napolitano's fault, it's not the people who make the machines, sell the machines, or place the machines, it's the people who walk through them.

Refuse to use them and they are in a bind.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
we'd all like to think its that simple. But you'll always have people like my parents who truly do believe its for our safety and will glady waltz through these things..and be patted down...and give up pretty much any of their rights for 'safety'.

They also scoff at anyone who believes these types of things violate our rights, even going so far as to suggest we are insane. When this 'snitching' thing takes enough hold, I bet my parents would be some of the first to suggest I am a mentally ill subversive who needs to be interrogated by homeland security (my mother has actually suggested that I'm crazy for being against the government in any way and I'm in line with terrorists).

These people, unfortunately, I believe comprise the majority of the populace. I think people are 'waking up' much too slowly and the PTB will have their grips permanently and irrrevocably on us long before enough people say no.
edit on 26-12-2010 by Xavialune because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Moral: People are taught to sell out and there is almost always something that will get you to sell out even though it might not be money.

It's the people without morals, trying to con people that have morals, to sell out for your self seeking motives, with a complete lack of concern of the repercussions you may have on the person you feel needs to accept your buy out at all cost, that bothers me. You don't know his situation, maybe his wife or GF works across the street and they car pool to get to work. There is not one sentence in your long winded post that makes your actions excusable and definitely not a mentality to be proud of. Geeeez.... I mean seriously thats how you feel about and treat the people you meet in your daily affairs? It's one thing to offer someone a bribe but to be pissed and be-little someone because they didn't take your money, risk their job, just to cater to you wanting to be in the front of a flipp'n movie line. I'm kinda disgusted we're even having this conversation and you're going to try and tell me about moral values?

edit on 26-12-2010 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Ive come to a conclusion...not many will agree with what it takes to change things for the better, just as our forefathers in America were not considered legitimate by anyone except those who sided with them. Those who inevitably fight violently against our government or those that now wage intellectual war will not be popular in the eye of mainstream American culture, only those who are born into a truly free land will remember those resisting elements in a positive light. There is no revolution coming, just a breaking point that may not be reached for another hundred years when 1984 looks like a utopia.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mtnshredder

It's the people without morals, trying to con people that have morals, to sell out for your self seeking motives, with a complete lack of concern of the repercussions you may have on the person you feel needs to accept your buy out at all cost, that bothers me.

Evidently it doesn't bother you enough to lead a charge against the crooks at the TSA! Or any of the other corrupt departments of government that sold out a long, long time ago.

Feigning indignation is not indicative of having morals, acting on your own convictions though is.

I act on my convictions, while some people just like to 'complain' a lot.

You don't know his situation, maybe his wife or GF works across the street and they car pool to get to work.

What makes you think you know his situation. In fact you have never met the man I have!

There is not one sentence in your long winded post that makes your actions excusable and definitely not a mentality to be proud of.

Actually I am always proud when I can put some money in other people's pockets and make my life a little more enjoyable and convenient while helping to make other's a economically a bit better.

I can't imagine too many people standing in that line for hours felt pride involved in the exercise.

Geeeez.... I mean seriously thats how you feel about and treat the people you meet in your daily affairs? It's one thing to offer someone a bribe but to be pissed and be-little someone because they didn't take your money, risk their job, just to cater to you wanting to be in the front of a flipp'n movie line.

Hey I have no idea what you are complaining about I didn't have him taken for a ride in the dessert, it was his loss, not mine, in the end the guy saved me 950.00!

I'm kinda disgusted we're even having this conversation and you're going to try and tell me about moral values?

Yeah I know, but they let some of the daftest people on this site, hey it's free what can you do.

I will but my moral code up against anyone's any day.

Mine does not support murder of innocent people (if you pay your taxes yours does), mine doesn't involve radiating people and virtually strip searching them (if you go through TSA check points yours does), mine doesn't involve the hypocracy of pretending I am something I am not, in fact not many people on this site are so honest as I am when I share things that have a moral (Meaning) that there is always a chance some narrow minded person is not going to understand or take offense to.

In fact all I see is a person doing everything he can to deflect away from a conversation that is in fact about a very dangerous situation within our government to whine and cry about something else.

I shared what I shared to make a point.

People sell out, they roll over, they sell out cheap.

All you are doing is complaining to complain.

Big difference!

Thanks for posting.

edit on 26/12/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Proto, just read through the thread again.

Question: Do you not see the parallel between your actions at the theater and the man you refused the handshake?

I just find it ironic.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
objectively safer? oh,actually i just feel it is objectively insulting for the public.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

you have said what some fail to see, the TSA is nothing more than SMOKE and MIRRORS, a show if you will, a way of them (TPTB) judging our actions and how we/you respond, do you feel safer, now that they are more or less molesting you? do you feel safer more or less after they have taken your freedom? do you feel safer after they disarm you so as you can not defend your self? do you feel safer knowing they see, read, and know everything about you? do you feel safer knowing that nothing they do will really stop them (the terrorist) from killing you. and lastly do you feel safer now that they at TSA DHS NSA consider you a threat to national security, until they know other wise. just a little coming sense will tell you one thing TSA does not, will not, care about you, as a person you are a threat to them and no one else, for if they did care they would have you checked out first before you even bought a ticket to fly, and a booking agent can do that.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I know someone who is a TSA agent. His attitude I feel represents the attitudes of most of the TSA agents as well as a lot of americans...basically, while he KNOWS that what they are doing "might be wrong", he shuts up about it because he doesn't want to lose his job. He shuts up about it because he doesnt want the government harassing him..he says he just lives his life by 'the rules', keeps a low profile, does whatever they tell him to do and gets on with it. He makes his money, lives in his little apartment, drives his little car...tries very hard not to do anything considered subversive, not even to get a speeding ticket because he is afraid of the police. THIS kind of attitude is at the very core of why this crap is happening. When people suggest that the TSA agents, the police, those in the military and other government workers will stand by us should we actually start to stand up for ourselves in bigger numbers...well they are sadly incorrect, IMO.

It just makes everything look a lot more bleak.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower

Proto, just read through the thread again.

Question: Do you not see the parallel between your actions at the theater and the man you refused the handshake?

I just find it ironic.

Honestly no, J.W. Marriott like most corporate titans exploits cheap labor, by paying them cheaply, and employing them capriciously at will. In most states unless you are a Union Worker (Which hardly exist anymore) or have an Employment Contract (usually only awarded to top big dollar executives and officers of companies) you can be terminated on a whim.

In other words you have no security.

In the case of the first ticket taker at the theatre I was being generous to a fault, but yes also on a whim. I was offering him many times more for the service I was asking him to perform for me, than it was actually worth. It became all about my ego and a contest of wills. In other words all about dominance.

Everything in this world is about dominance, who dominates who, who is in control, who leads, who submits.

In fact if the first man had been wealth oriented he had the perfect opportunity to exploit me, as I was simply trying to save 'face' in front of my girl friend, by attempting to display the effectiveness of my own dominance.

In fact if you really want to get down to it, my refusal to shake hands with J.W. Marriott even while in his employ, even on his own property was me exerting dominance and gambling that I could win. That my productivity would outweigh the slight, thus establishing my worth as being able to make my own decisions and be my own man in 'my' little corner of his fiefdom, which I was displaying was my little fiefdom.

Understanding dominance and the desire to dominate is about understanding what compels the government to do the things it does to maintain and expand dominance.

You see if you don't keep expanding your dominance (making and creating new rules) then those you are dominating eventually become complacent and ignore the existing rules and fail to respect your dominance.

This is why the government must always expand and always pass new laws for it is the only way it can ensure its dominance.

This will continue unabated until the point if that point arrives where those who are submitting rebel.

Regardless in no way did I degrade this man as some would suggest here on this thread, as in reality I had a brief exchange with him, as part of a 'negotiation' to try to ascertain why he was not accepting the bribe.

He was from Cambodia (this was not long after Pol Pot had committed genocide killing millions there and he had lived through that) and was only in the country for less than two months. He was working at a minimum wage job and living on the fringes of society as most recent immigrants do. A thousand dollars would have given him a huge boost up in our materialistic consumer oriented society. Alas he was not from such a system and probably feared that being fired for an illegality might have led to a change in his 'Visa' status and a return to Pol Pot's Cambodia.

The other ticket taker who accepted what was still a very generous bribe for a movie theatre line (20.00) would normally suffice but I like being generous was happy to make a quick extra fifty dollars and surmised correctly there was no risk to him in doing this and only a gain to be had.

The system of graft is a timeless one, and to be honest with you, I first began employing it, when I found I was being cheated out of what I thought I had already rightfully and honestly reserved by people usurping it by bribing those who control the flow.

In other words my 8:00 PM Restaurant Reservation was not being honored and I was being asked to sit at the bar and wait because some one had bribed the host and gotten my table. My ocean view room had been given away to someone who had bribed the manager and already gotten my room.

So it became at first about do I want to be the dutiful submissive who then accepts less because the person in power (dominance) has told me I must do this, since they control the tables and the rooms, or do I want to exert my own dominance and display that no I want what I want and am willing to pony up for it.

When you reach a certain strata of the business and social world bribery becomes almost a necessity. Try getting concrete poured in New York City without paying the Mafia or your garments shipped out of the Garment district it's not going to happen.

Here in Miami the Cubans actually have a saying in Spanish that translates into English as (Left handed cash) your boss pays you to do a job and puts that cash in your right hand and this is what you display to your wife and the tax man, however when ever possible you use that job to make 'side' money, bribes and thefts, that go in your left hand that you hide from your boss, the tax man and your wife.

It is such a way of life here in Miami that when a big real estate developer ended up bankrupt and part of a criminal trial over his companies mismanagement it was revealed in Court that he had paid bribes at Miami Beach City Hall for every permit he ever used in his buildings, yet every one of his completed buildings and incomplete buildings was up to or exceeded code.

When the court noticed this and asked why he would pay a bribe if he was not trying to avoid building to code he replied it's very simple if you don't pay the bribe everyone at City Hall is on break or out to lunch, you sit around hour after hour, and they simply won't give you the permit.

Further court inquiries with other big named builders confirmed this and led to basically the whole code enforcement department of Miami Beach being fired.

Now where this becomes relevant here in this thread, is we know that a huge bribe was paid to Michael Chertoff to use his access as former Homeland Security Chief to lobby the people within government to buy and place these machines.

While I have no direct proof, in part because I don't care enough to look for any, it's unthinkable to imagine Chertoff did not offer 'favors' and 'gifts' to the various government officials who purchased these and installed these in the airports.

Once again using a Proto example I once was trying to get a U.S. Congressman to sign a contract with my business for a sizeable contract and had invited him to lunch at a waterfront restaurant in Newport Beach California. While discussing the terms he quipped "What a beautiful day it would be to be out on the water with a few drinks and some lovely ladies on board".

I excused myself from the table went inside the restaurant called up a local charter yacht company and asked them if they could send a boat over to the restaurant right away and stock it with booze and escorts from an escort agency.

They were there in 35 minutes by about the time we were finishing our meal, the Congressman was still quite undecided about the contract when I said "Well let's go out on the water and enjoy this beautiful day and discuss it further".

He was one very happy camper to see that I had during our brief lunch made those arrangements and 5 hours later when we returned to the Restaurant he happily signed the contract.

I didn't pay him any money, but I spent a small fortune on the boat and the booze and the girls.

Hey maybe this one congressman was just a bad egg right? Well, not exactly, since George Bush Jr. appointed him to take over a certain Commission when it’s building mysteriously fell even though it was not struck by an airplane on 9-11.

In fact he quite competently saw to nearly 11 trillion dollars being sucked out of our economy by the Powers that Be without out so much as a hiccup.

People have two choices, wake up to the system of extreme dominance being used to govern and control us all, or face an ever expanding totalitarian and tyrannical world.

Somebody needs to speak to the real truth of our world and yes it’s bound to offend quite a few people.

That’s the whole point, in me being so forthcoming.

When it comes to me, there is no doubt in my mind I am well past the point of any ‘redemption’ but this world, is still salvageable!

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Remember when gas prices in the states hit 4 to 5 bucks a gallon? When people started freaking out, prices went down.

It's gonna be the same thing here. When the TSA is at the mall, the grocery, Barnes and Noble. . . . . and people start freaking out, then they'll stop.

They are looking for thresholds, to see how much we, any of us, will take.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

WOW! will come back later and attempt to discern your response, but I GUESS I was RIGHT.

Or at least I caught you in double think, sucks doesn't it?

Anyway, who has the power?

That is ALWAYS relevant.
Funny, in the states that I reside, the power resides in those that have CONTROL. Ever watch or read Zero Hedge? Or are you just a bunch of ZOMBIES?

Oh well, I have not yet attacked ANYONE!
Maybe I should include idiocracy, that way the idiots can understand it?

There is a PROBLEM, I do NOT know EVERYTHING, Do you? Do you listen to the idiots in the government controlled media? Well?!

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
IT's only been ONE YEAR since the Christmas Day Underwear Bomber and look how far things have gone...

The first hint should have been they were built before Christmas 2009.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I do like your optimism, how ever i feel it would be a case of " do not like what we (THS DHS) are doing things? then you must be a threat, will be the reaction as too us protesting there actions.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join