It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why were ancient australian aboriginals left out of annunaki influence

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabyte

Originally posted by DC449
The Aboriginal dreamtime is very interesting and good to read up about.

dreamtime does not stop your babies dying in severe droughts sigh

the only way to even out the years of famine with years of plenty is agriculture and to produce more than you can eat so you can save some for the bad years

nothing can compensate for loss of an entire family to famine - i dont care what great spiritual connection and dreamtime stories there are

NOTHING can compensate for watching your babies die of hunger in years of drought and lack of food and shortage of prey to hunt

Some Aborigines were nomadic and semi-nomadic. You can find bush tucker all year round in Australia. You just have ti know where to look. I live in a valley where the four corners of four different tribes met, and every few years they would meet up in this valley to hunt possums and have a big corroboree and trade food, goods and of course, to get some new genes into the tribes. They only came every few years though, as to make sure they didn't wipe out the possum population. Aborigines were masters of this harsh land, and knew how to use it to their advantage without destroying it. Now I drive down the road and all I see are coal mines

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dean Goldberry
I haven't read the entire thread, so forgive me if this MOST OBVIOUS item has been mentioned:

Why were the Harappan or pre-Hindu people not included in the whole Annunaki-Nibiru etc. song and dance (BS) routine?
Why were the early Yellow River/Chinese communities not included?
Why were the ALL people of the Western hemisphere, or "Native Americans," not included?
Why were the early Africans, or at least most of them (the sub-Saharans anyway), not included?

Perhaps they were.

Sitchen says that the annunaki touched down as astronauts. That just means something that looks like people from another place touching down on earth with alot of cool technology. They had base of operations here for a purpose. They didnt nessissarily populate the whole planet and subdue it. They chose to share knowledge directly or indirectly with the people that were in those native lands. That knowledge can be traded to peoples in distant lands. Just as such, alot of technology was brought to america upon the foriegn lands settling in them. If history repeats itself, why shouldnt it do so in a primitive state?

Why do arrogant WESTERN jerks think the ENTIRE world should be based on the mythology that was the forerunner of the Abrahamic-monotheistic song and dance (BS) routine?

Dont steriotype the west as one mind. There are alot of diffrent views here. Just because we adhire to major beliefs doesnt mean that we dont constantly seek the truth. We're not so conservative with our thoughts...But we like to be modest when we can be. Thats what free thinking alows. Thats how science progressed into what it is today.

Alas, we all need critics to push us to seek further answers towards the truth.

If you take away what we think we know about time, then it seems plausable that all of the religions, mythologies and belief systems from every country durring the earliest known native civilizations can be traced just as DNA can trace a migration of proples from what we know as mesopotamia or african regions. Take away the major beliefs that spread through the world for thousands of years and you can find a glimmer of what the original natives believed. Every one took them at what they could understand. Majority described their gods as white skinned. Oddly enough, the major culture centers around the world 2000 years ago seem to know a bearded white man that came with power. Same general concept happened around 4000 years ago in various mythologies. Then again at 10,000 years. Thats just the history we do know. What about everything before?

Is it plausable that a shaman could send out a exploration team to check out the farthest reaches? We do it today, we've done it for thousands of years. Wouldnt the people back then, from even 10,000 years ago do the same on perhaps a smaller scale? Even possible major scale? Migrations seem possible in meer 100s of years instead of 1000s of years. It just takes one healthy family. If this is so, then the natives probably took the knowledge they needed, or just populated. As they populated, they move away from the major centers where ideas and man force were available. The new populations wouldnt adapt to it untill that knowledge in turn migrated.

In essence, a really big flood could take out alot of shoreline and hinder that knowledge traderoute and knock civilization back some serious years.

Just as well... the annunaki could have just been a more advanced civilization from earth, and as they died out, they left mystery behind and it all the sumerians as well as the other mythologies of the world were able to interpret it in their own languages and mindsets.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

*hand on forehead*

I'm not going to even consider entering into this discussion without first doing some research, i'll come by a bit later on and give some opinions on the proliferation of misconjecture and it's impact on 21st century ideology.

Sure got a laugh out of me though,

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dean Goldberry
I haven't read the entire thread, so forgive me if this MOST OBVIOUS item has been mentioned:

Why were the Harappan or pre-Hindu people not included in the whole Annunaki-Nibiru etc. song and dance (BS) routine?

Why were the early Yellow River/Chinese communities not included?

Why were the ALL people of the Western hemisphere, or "Native Americans," not included?

Why were the early Africans, or at least most of them (the sub-Saharans anyway), not included?

Why do arrogant WESTERN jerks think the ENTIRE world should be based on the mythology that was the forerunner of the Abrahamic-monotheistic song and dance (BS) routine?

a lot of ppl disagree with the ancient alien theories based on what is written

why some ppl have been excluded by the annunaki [if it is proven they existed?] that is the question isnt it? why did they choose some and not others and why was australia excluded as a whole continet - the rest of the world at least there is a small pocket of civiisation on every continent that is affected and given seeds and livestock for food and clothing. [not even mentioning the stone buildings]

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I have been reading alot of interesting things on "Dreaming". Seems these guys have similar beliefs to a few other beliefs.

as per wiki

The late Geoffrey Bardon's three books on Papunya specifically mention conflict related to possession of a dreaming story. He uses as an example the Honey Ant Dreaming painted in contemporary times on the school walls of Papunya. Before the mural could be painted, all tribes in Papunya: the Pintupi, Warlpiri, Arrernte, and Anmatyerre, had to agree that the honey ant was an acceptable mural, since Papunya is the meeting place for all tribes. After the mural was painted, one of the senior elders, Long Tom Onion, reminded Bardon that he, the elder, had suggested the mural be painted. Later, Bardon realised Long Tom Onion owned that Dreaming. He comprehended the importance of Dreaming ownership among indigenous Australians, especially those who retain tribal and traditional connections.

Among the Central Desert tribes of Australia, the passing on of the Dreaming story is for the most part gender-related. For example, the late artist from the Papunya movement, Clifford Possum Tjapaltjarri, painted ceremonial dreamings relating to circumcision and love stories, and lessons for "naughty boys"

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
i got a question!! if there is such a thing as annunaki, and they left the planet, wouldent the galactic government have somthing to say about that?! right?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Michaeladams23
i got a question!! if there is such a thing as annunaki, and they left the planet, wouldent the galactic government have somthing to say about that?! right?

i havent seen that topic come up before..?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Michaeladams23

who says they left the planet?

if only 1% of the UFO reports are true then they may well be here but just not openly visible and maybe they are making genetic adjustmentsto us seeing as they created us in a lab accordign to Sitchin

maybe they are still experimenting on us and perfecting their creation?

I cannot prove one way or the other

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by megabyte

Because it's TV... how much have you read, and more considerably considering the location of "ancient Australia" by the Sumerians it was basically a neighbor...

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Lansky

Here are your carved heads: 12 photographs with locations -
12 photo's of carved heads - Australia

Photo 1: Carved Head I discovered 2007 on a river inlet
Photo 2: Close up of Rex looking at a carvfed head he discovered 40 years ago.
Photo 3: Nim, the Uruan Sun God
Photo 4: Nif, the Uruan Earth Mother
Photo 5: Nim, Uruan Sun God
Photo 6: Polynesian? Head
Photo 7: Two children on an Olmec styled head found in the bush in the 70's by the boys father.
Photo 8: Unusual modified rock face.
Photo 9: Shaolin, Chinese mariner head.
Photo 10: The original photo 40 years ago of the face in Photo2:
Photo 11: Polynesian Face?
Photo 12: Thoth in Ape form

photo description - source
here are the people supposedly responsible for them The Lost civilization of the Uru

Or from Source -

The whole Polynesian rave extending from Hawai to New Zealand, preserves traditions of "Uru," or the "Great West Land," which to the Maoris was located directly to the west of New Zealand, and which they said was inhabited by a race of people who built in stone and were expert astronomers.

The Maoris even claimed decent from this mysterious race. Belief in far away China of a mysterious "land to the south" had persisted since the dim ages of pre-recorded Chinese history. Known as the land of Locack, its existence today is verified by ancient maps, some dating back 2500 years, which besides the islands of South-East Asia, display the undoubted though crude outline of Australia. According too ancient traditions the land of Locack was a vast continent so plentiful in Gold and other precious minerals that it surpassed all over lands.

And about the Gympie Pyramid that was 'supposedly' remains of a vineyard -

The Gympie Pyramid, whose four sides faced the four points of the compass, measured 60m in height by 125m in length at each its four bases. There were 18 terraces, each about 1.2m in height, by up to 2.4m wide from the base terrace up, narrowing towards the summit, where the last terraces were a mere 60cm width. The top four terraces were constructed with huge ironstone slabs weighing from 2-4 tonnes, whereas those forming the other 14 terraces were much smaller, down to a size where they could be picked up by one or both hands. The flat summit was formed of a massive 8 tonne slab.

When Heather and I first stumbled upon this structure, climbing it on the afternoon of Monday 27th October 1975, it did not take us long to realise it was a crudely-built pyramid, reminiscent of those built in Egypt during the 3rd dynasty period, until the step formation was superceded by the straight-sided design. The pyramid stood on the edge of a long dried up inlet, being part of a harbour that extended inland from Tin Can Bay on the coast. A stone wharf once stood at the southern base of the pyramid, and a great stone causeway extended out from high ground to the structure on its north face.

The pyramid summit was flat, and a large altar stone once stood here, beside a large libation bowl broken in three pieces by ages of weathering [these were later smashed by religious fanatics]. Rock inscriptions in a mixture of Egypto-Phoenician, even Libyan, identified the structure as a Sun-worship/ceremonial pyramid also used for astronomical observations.

Ancient ruins found scattered over a wide area of the Gympie region show this pyramid was at the centre of a large colony, inhabited by perhaps 3,000 or more mineral-seeking colonists, whose ancient open-cut mining sites suggest vast quantities of gold were extracted from the district, as well as tin and copper [needed in the manufacture of bronze].

Such a huge colony would have required a ruling class, and in May 1995, I recovered a large, phallic-shaped stone bearing a mixed Egypto-Phoenician/Libyan inscription stating:

“Na-ta-wa, Pharaoh of this land of Ra, commands you to assemble here to
worship the god”.

Who was this Pharaoh? Was it for him that the Gympie Pyramid was built? Other inscriptions now confirm the Gympie colony was named ‘Ra’. For the full details on the Gympie Egyptian mining colony the reader is directed to “Pyramids in the Pacific - The Unwritten History of Australia” by Rex Gilroy, URU Publications.

source

The standing stones on the other hand have been claimed to have been 'completed' in 1992 by a celtic community, but they still acknowledge that some stones weighed in excess of 30 ton.

was it even possible to erect a 30 ton standing stone in 1992?

seems a bit suspicious.

source

Also while that article mentions 30+ ton stones, the following does not...

spent three months scouring the bush within 50km of Glen Innes for the stones. They had to stand 3.7 metres from ground level, which meant each to be 5.5 metres in total length.

They found only three stones which could be used in their natural state - others had to be split from larger rock bodies. George Rozynski, with another alderman, Bill Tyson, spent hours in the bush drilling massive granite rocks. "The compound was a powder which was mixed to the consistency of a slurry and poured into the drill holes," Mr Rozynski recalled. "When we returned the next morning the rock was cracked..."

It took more than six months of further effort, spearheaded by Bob Dwyer, who went on to become Glen Innes's Mayor, and businessman Ted Nowlan, using a 12 tonne forklift and other heavy equipment to load and transport the stones on a timber loader to the Centennial Parklands site. The weight of the stones averaged 17 tonnes.

So was there ever a stone 30+ ton involved? and if so was it one of the 3 they found that could be used in their natural state...? Are there other standing stones in Australia that this modern site detracts attention from? are there even any other stones at all? who knows.

Apparently these guys do...

And at a Hunter Valley location deep inland from Newcastle, NSW there stand three huge menhirs [standing stones] 7.6m above the ground, extending below surface for about 18.3m! Each of these massive stones are placed close together on an east-west axis and are alien to the area. One is of ironstone, the second is granite and the third a type of slate. They are flattish, weighing 2 tons to a cubic yard! Researchers have found that the stones, which are in alignment with a lengthy row of monoliths erected nearby, act as a kind of stone-age electrical battery, storing and releasing an often strong current of natural earth electricity which flows back and forth along the nearby alignment.

source

Finally there are a number of odd & out-of-place artifact's listed at this site you may wish to look at.

P.L.U.R.I
-B.M
edit on 26/12/10 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

thank you

but i am not talking about traces of evidence that aliens might have visited australia

what i am askign about is why australian aborigines never made it from hunter gatherers [and at the mercy of good years v famine years]

I know there are foods - obviously or else they would never live here at all in the first place

BUT

hunter gatherers are at the mercy of good years v famine years

and that is why the rest of the world became farmers - so that surplus food could be produced in good years and used to survive better in the famine years

so its not rock art and sculptures I am seeking info about or legends that mention sky gods
I am looking for ideas why the annunaki started farming in other parts of the world - why not in australia?
edit on 26/12/10 by megabyte because: spelling

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

well firstly I was replying to another poster here who asked WHERE these things were claiming he/she would go look at them tomorrow, I assumed they were being sarcastic and doubted the existence of these structures so with a little research I found more info and posted it.

None of the info I posted talked about aliens at all so I guess you probably didn't bother reading it.

With regards to your questions I already stated I did not know and several other have offered theories so maybe you should go and read their post's too.

-B.M

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
maybe they didn't need farming as such, being tribes that a lot of the time, were broken down into small groups, hunter gatherers not wanting to stay in one place for extended amounts of time, maybe what they found on the land was enough to pull them through such droughts, many animals, trees and plants can still survive in the harshest of conditions, not all areas produce the same effects, one part may be drought, the other flood. by moving from one effect to the other, finding greater harvests and avoiding the extremes.

through creation stories, they were given instructions on how to build weapons, artifacts, shelters and boats, their dreaming is about the land, of gods that help and punish, gods that created all things around them, beliefs and rituals which brought ever plentiful bounty to land and sea, rain and harvest, stories of ancestors and ways of their survival, things that through their beliefs, laws and way of life provided for and protected against, by keeping alive the customs and past knowledge handed down from generation to generation to ensure that safety to all aspects of their lives in following.

so in turn, no reason for them to change or settle down as one big community with a skill such as farming to reinsure all had enough to eat in one set area alone but the continuation of previous ways which worked and were acustomed to as a hunter gatherer way of life.

edit on 27-12-2010 by redgy because: word changed

edit on 27-12-2010 by redgy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Annunaki?

No... modern civilization began around 10,000 years ago in the Fertile Crescent. Utilizing totalitarian agriculture, this created a great surplus of energy-rich (but nutrient deficient) food, like any other species, we increased in population, which drove expansion to more land, the need for permanent settlements, more food/cropland, chiefdoms, nation-states, standing armies, conquest, and so the vicious cycle began. After that point, this culture assimilated, annihilated, or reserved (placed on reservations) other cultures, which were predominantly if not entirely band/tribal hunter-gatherer societies. Anthropologically speaking, these tribal cultures are not exactly better or worse than our hierarchical "civilization" but are simply different. Yes, they may not be as technologically/scientifically advanced... though there is something to be said about an obsidian blade which is sharper than a modern surgeon's scalpel...

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I have also wondered this (why they didn't become farmers, not the annunaki part) and I think it is tied into their spirituality as others have said.

As I understand it, they have this concept of The Dreamtime which is when the world was made. They see themelves as the custodians of the land rather than the owners of it. In other words, their creation story tells them they were to keep the land as they found it rather than change it. With that mindset, you wouldn't even begin to think of plooughing the land and planting seeds.

Westerners assume this Dreamtime was a long time ago but I think it could be alive and breathing - the spirit world, which Aboriginal people who have maintained in contact with their culture can move in and affect.

The other reason as has been said is the lack of grain crops to farm. There are animals which could be herded (kangaroos, emus) but without a staple energy crop there isn't much point in farming.They did use some farming methods but mostly were nomadic/subsistence farmers. On the other hand the climate is great for Wheat and our wheat is some of the highest quality in the world - its just wheat was not natural to Australia. Also it takes mass irrigation to grow the wheat, which requires technology since water is a scarce resource over here.

It is interesting though that their creation stories tell of a great Rainbow Serpent, which could be about Annunaki.
edit on 27-12-2010 by Cecilofs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

topdocumentaryfilms.com...

Should explain your questions.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Anuwhat???

Think about this:

biodiversity
cultural diversity
type of terrain
number of human individuals

so, do you get it?

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
maybe it's because of where the poles where then...we know Australia used to be covered in glaciers.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoHierarchy

Annunaki?

No... modern civilization began around 10,000 years ago in the Fertile Crescent. Utilizing totalitarian agriculture, this created a great surplus of energy-rich (but nutrient deficient) food, like any other species, we increased in population, which drove expansion to more land, the need for permanent settlements, more food/cropland, chiefdoms, nation-states, standing armies, conquest, and so the vicious cycle began. After that point, this culture assimilated, annihilated, or reserved (placed on reservations) other cultures, which were predominantly if not entirely band/tribal hunter-gatherer societies. Anthropologically speaking, these tribal cultures are not exactly better or worse than our hierarchical "civilization" but are simply different. Yes, they may not be as technologically/scientifically advanced... though there is something to be said about an obsidian blade which is sharper than a modern surgeon's scalpel...

Yes - I know that is the story they relate in all the text books, but is it the one born out by the evidence? - is it any more than just an acceptable explanation, that doesn't overturn a whole host of sacred applecarts! - one that begins to unravel as soon as it is subjected to any detailed scrutiny (same goes with Geology as well)

How about the story universally told by all these ancient cultures themselves about thier origins - and ignored by Archeologists - ie beings came from the sky in flying machines and taught us how to grow crops, write, build etc and we worshipped them as gods - later on the gods started fighting each other in thier flying machines, with weapons that destroyed whole cities etc etc.

If you hunt around on the internet it is filled with hosts of collections of anomalous evidence, ignored by archeology that bears out these stories.

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
i know we have not arrived at evidence-based explanation to all these questions yet

in the meantime for some reason this resonates with so many ppl on so many levels

I have always questions the ancients obsessions with astronomy - one would think that apart from basic knowledge of seasons the rest of intricate astrological knowledge would not be useful enough to carve on so many clay tablets

the sumerian and babylonian atronomical knowledge is astounding
I KNOW there is no proof to satisfy the skeptics yet so dotn bother flaming me

I just read zacharia sitchin for the first time and I am impressed with the general thrust of his explanations and look forward to reading more of his books along with daniken's

I have been drawn like a moth to a flame to read more about ancient Sumeria and ancient Babylon

I just want to discus these ideas with others who find value in discussing these ideas

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join