It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why were ancient australian aboriginals left out of annunaki influence

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Because Oz aboriginals had boomerangs, that's why. Sheesh. Easy one.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I'm working my way through the thread and formulating questions and statements based on quotations found here.

How about the story universally told by all these ancient cultures themselves about thier origins - and ignored by Archeologists - ie beings came from the sky in flying machines and taught us how to grow crops, write, build etc and we worshipped them as gods - later on the gods started fighting each other in thier flying machines, with weapons that destroyed whole cities etc etc.

I've never seen any credible literary evidence to suggest that ancient peoples believed they were visited by "beings in flying machines"

Visited by beings? yes.

In flying machines? no.

They're usually called ancestors, the dead, spirits, ghosts, and in other pagan beliefs are used to describe even the basic elements which surround us.

Research spiritualism and religious theology and you will find this has occurred everywhere on earth for millennia.

So where's the proof that ancient aliens and a once much higher intellectual social structure once inhabited the planet?

The proof is non existent and at the same time also not required. Because it is mental belief, not physical reality.

This is in reply to B.Morrison.. where oh where do I begin.

Here are your carved heads: 12 photographs with locations -
12 photo's of carved heads - Australia

You will note that photos of the more believable rock art is the small and portable type, easily forged or imported here. The larger photos suggest forgery or natural weathering.

Another example i'd like to point out is the photo labelled "Polynesian Face?" anyone educated in pacific region rock art would be able to tell you that Polynesian examples are a) Rare. and b) Extremely well executed and in high detail. Also, the "Thoth in ape form" considering Thoth is an ibis headed god in his natural form this is somewhat contradictory considering that no examples of the depiction suggested exist in any form to this date.

On to your next topic of interest

Ah yes, the Uru.

It's interesting to note that any "factual" examples of this "civilization" cannot be referenced or resourced outside of someone known as "Rex Gilroy" who last time i checked, was not a founded literary or scholarly institution.

I'm not even willing to enter into a debate as to the authenticity of his claims, he is a self proclaimed author (with very poor book sales i might add, simple tax file research resolves that) and beyond that cannot offer any credible evidence to support an alternate theory as to why he might proliferate such untruths.

Just to test the credability theory, here's a simple point.

This extensive series of badly worn, ancient Uruan rock engravings found
outside Katoomba NSW [chalked in due to their faintness for photographic purposes]
describe apparent Birdmen, men in aeroplane-like gliders, saucer-shaped and other
balloon -type flying craft. There is an inscription explaining how to cons truct these craft
interspersed among flying craft.

Taken from Rex Gilroy's site.

This is taken from another site, providing examples of known forgeries and some of their histories.

Actually the carvings are part of genre of art and architectural styles triggered by the archaeological discoveries in Egypt in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. The discovery of Tutankhamen's tomb, in particular, sparked a round of movies, novels and memorabilia in the 1920s and 30s. Indeed, the "Tutmania" continues unabated today. It is no surprise then to find carvings of this nature in the rock and they have a valid place in Australian culture. Another example is the carving of the sphinx alongside a miniature pyramid made by Private Shirley in the national park near the road from Turramurra to Bobbin Head, in the northern suburbs of Sydney. The NPWS is slightly annoyed with the carvings because of the number of people who want to see them, the Internet sites suggesting they have ancient origins and the environmental damage done by visitors. The Gosford City Council has even received letters from visitors upbraiding the council for not doing more to conserve the "ancient" site and urging it to provide better public access.

Next.

The Gympie Pyramid.

Uh... where's the pyramid?

URL TO GympiePyramid.org Photos

I'm not even going any further with that one.

The standing stones on the other hand have been claimed to have been 'completed' in 1992 by a celtic community, but they still acknowledge that some stones weighed in excess of 30 ton.

was it even possible to erect a 30 ton standing stone in 1992?

You completely dissolved your own theory here. People actually admit to constructing these "artifacts" but it's still not good enough for some. Also, by 1992 we had airplanes capable of flying loads of more than 30 tons, think about engineering achievement in the last 5 years let alone the last two decades.

Next.

So was there ever a stone 30+ ton involved? and if so was it one of the 3 they found that could be used in their natural state...? Are there other standing stones in Australia that this modern site detracts attention from? are there even any other stones at all? who knows.

And at a Hunter Valley location deep inland from Newcastle, NSW there stand three huge menhirs [standing stones] 7.6m above the ground, extending below surface for about 18.3m! Each of these massive stones are placed close together on an east-west axis and are alien to the area. One is of ironstone, the second is granite and the third a type of slate. They are flattish, weighing 2 tons to a cubic yard! Researchers have found that the stones, which are in alignment with a lengthy row of monoliths erected nearby, act as a kind of stone-age electrical battery, storing and releasing an often strong current of natural earth electricity which flows back and forth along the nearby alignment.

Are those researchers going to be attached to any kind of renowned scientific organisation by any chance?

Didn't think so.. For a couple of guys "Researching" in the bush.. they sure must have been tough to dig 18 meters down to find out how big this thing was..

Finally there are a number of odd & out-of-place artifact's listed at this site you may wish to look at.

I couldn't really be bothered going through the entire list, so i just searched the page to find how many of these wondrous artifacts are held at any institutions (universities) that i might be able to visit one day.

Stone spheres found in a boomerang formation near Littlemore (CQ). The smallest being about 450mm round (18 inches) & the largest being about 1400mm round (4 foot). They were taken away by the Brisbane University or Museum by train.

Neither of these institutions have any recorded details of such a find.. Someone might want to tell the webmaster.. I wonder if Rex Gilroy is involved.

In 1931 in the N.W. Kimberley’s, Prof. A. P. Elkin, Professor of Anthropology at Sydney University came upon a tribe of Aborigines who had not met a white man before. The professor was astounded when tribal elders greeted him with Ancient Secret masonic hand signs. He was struck by the startling sematic features present in the natives.

So, if the natives had never met a white man before and i presume he's the one telling the story, how did Professor Elkin know how to differentiate between traditional aboriginal tribal hand signals, and some kind of obscene gesture of masonry?

Finally.

Indigenous Australians, are known to have existed here roughly 40 to 50 thousand years ago, with some estimates exceeding 100 thousand years. This is scientific knowledge and fact. They had the abilities to define their culture by ways of surviving day to day and assured knowing they were guided by ancestral spirits.

Aboriginal culture is only now in recent years being more fully understood by archaeologists and anthropologists. It is now estimated that over a million indigenous peoples could have inhabited this huge island at any one time, co-existing in tribal and communal agreements, in small settlements and constantly roaming the country with their ability to share the knowledge of the land.

Aboriginal life here has been proven to be sustainable for thousands of years, archaeology is now showing that as with other continents the indigenous peoples had access to now extinct species of cattle, birds, fish and much more plentiful wildlife than the meager percentage we manage to spare in our life times.

To suggest otherwise as this thread has in some ways, is insulting and borderline racist in my opinion.

In reply to megabyte.

I have always questions the ancients obsessions with astronomy - one would think that apart from basic knowledge of seasons the rest of intricate astrological knowledge would not be useful enough to carve on so many clay tablets

Perhaps the ancient obsession with astronomy is more idealistic than realistic. What would you have focused your spare time on when all you had to look at was the night sky thousands of years ago? Wouldn't you start imagining things?

Wouldn't you start looking for something more plausible than a mundane existence?

Yes, you would.. and thats what started culture, community, the ability to communicate, the ability to postulate, the ability to make art, and the thousands of years of colorful history which we now have.

And as far as other people making up these fictional accounts of our history, well I've explained that once before too.. It's the by product of what I was just talking about. Imagination. Our ability to want something more than we already have, the want for answers, for a mystery, intrigue.

My head kind of hurts after all that, so um since I typed for so long i apologize if I've come out cranky anywhere, no offence is meant.

-plex

edit on 3-1-2011 by plexus because: additional information added

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabyte
so what are some other theories?

Maybe they were just too cool for Annunaki school.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoseChung

Originally posted by megabyte
so what are some other theories?

Maybe they were just too cool for Annunaki school.

yes - for some reason the australian continent missed out on the agricultural seeds and livestock that were a gift to mankind elsewhere

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
perhaps the reason they didn't go to australia is because it was far removed enough that they wouldn't worry about traveling off the island, and then they would have a control for a whole different area of the planet.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by plexus

In reply to megabyte.

I have always questions the ancients obsessions with astronomy - one would think that apart from basic knowledge of seasons the rest of intricate astrological knowledge would not be useful enough to carve on so many clay tablets

Perhaps the ancient obsession with astronomy is more idealistic than realistic. What would you have focused your spare time on when all you had to look at was the night sky thousands of years ago? Wouldn't you start imagining things?

Wouldn't you start looking for something more plausible than a mundane existence?

end of your quote

well - judging how interested people are in astronomy these days and especially those who are involved in agriculture I question your theory

seems the more practical people have to be the less they are interested in astronomy

how intricate is the current obsession of tribal people with astronomy? the australian aboriginals have lots of time - they dont even have to be hunter gatherers these days - they get unemployment benefit cheque and they have cars and shops to go to etc - perfectly set up to be as obsessed with astronomy as they want to, and not even work to interrupt their star gazing and naming of constellations and yet they are not doing that

I dont claim i know the answer

but some weird stuff is going on - why would people of Mali [the Dogon] even know about an invisible companion star in the Sirus system?

perhaps one day we will know

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bluntheaded

but they went to australia too - just never gave australian aborigines the gift of agricultural seeds and livestock

Enlil agrees to grant the remnants of Mankind implements and seeds;
agriculture begins in the highlands.

from

dhost.info...

so if you believe in annunaki giving people agriculture why did they not give it to australian aboriginals and if you believe that it all evolved without any help from any ancient alien spacemen then again - why did australia miss out on agricultural seeds

the plants and animals in australia were perfect for hunter gatherers but not for agriculture and livestock and as already shown - hunter gatherers are more at the mercy of tha vagaries of weather than people who have agriculture and maybe saved food from previous years to help ride out a couple bad years of famine

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by megabyte

but they went to australia too - just never gave australian aborigines the gift of agricultural seeds and livestock

What a pathetic comment

So you are saying because they didnt give Australia, cows wheat and sheep, cabbage, potatoes / tomatoes you think Australian aborigines missed out, go chase ya cracker mate the cheese just felll off

For the record maybe the food here was better then the text book stuff ya are reading about
and after eating indeginous food over the years, most of it is quite tasty, but then again you would drive through maccas right
dont forget to up grade with a large coke

Wal

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by plexus

well...in reply to plexus...where oh where do I begin....

you shared some interesting info and provided me some good insight into things for which I thank you

but please try to lighten up a little.

-B.M

edit on 5/1/11 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/1/11 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

lol, i did spend ages typing so, sorry if i came out a bit prickly

i'm just here to offer alternative perspectives that's all... I've spent a vast majority of my life studying subjects that fall very closely to some found here on ATS, it's very refreshing to find so many different opinions being able to coexist

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by auswally

I happen to agree with you that the food grown by nature is superior but without agriculture larger populations cannot be maintained

the population of australian aborigines would have been affected by droughts much more than an agricultural civilisation that can grow food and save some of it for lean times

so that is why I am pondering this question

cheers

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Matey, we have been here continously in our country for over 40,000 of "recorded" years.
We have recorded our history orally & visually for the same period. We drew maps 10,000's of thousands of years before "civilised" people of the northern continents.

We are not a weak people who who can't walk beyond their garden gate to find food, water & shelter, maybe that's why Annuki "assisted" people/humans who needed assistance as they could not survive without intervention.

We are very civilised in comparision to many races.
It is very simple, Mother Earth Looks after us, and we look after her.

We have always had a close association with the earth and also of star visitors.

Read about our "Dream Times". Our history and tradition is over 20 times longer than the "old testament". It predates sumerian records & culture

Besides, just you look at our history & artwork (visual language including maps)

You will also see some the "earliest" representations via oral & artworks, that we have always had not only a symbiotic relationship with our land and can survive in the harshest elements on earth just using our brains in such a wide land. Why build houses when we can make a shelter, find food & water anywhere, anytime under any condition. Unfortunately you guys had to be "upgraded" to do so. Which is not a bad thing if children need help to learn.

It is a well known fact if you dig deep enough, indigenous Australian aborigines have the largest visual memory cortex region of brain capacity.

Quote from www.worthpublishers.com...
Australian aborigine children seem to be superior to white Australian children in tasks that require visual/spatial skills.

www.worthpublishers.com...

Regarding herding; easy answer, we did not have cows. sheep of pigs, we had wombats, lizards and kangaroos, and some of the most poisonous animals like snakes & spiders etc. Our land is the driest on the planet yet here we are still, It also one of the most dangerous on the planet regarding not only the conditions within we we have lived, but also the animals which we "live" with.

It's a tough climate & tough animals, you try catching a roo with a spear. If a kangaroo saw a leopard he would laugh at such a slow animal who can't jump high, live in a desert and have no problems breeding.

Regarding agriculture, try growing wheat, corn etc. in a desert. We dug for our water, we ran fast and hunted fast animals, we used all available materials.

This is an isolated continental island, that is self explanatory within itself logical. How does sheep & cattle swim accross an ocean??

We also knew where we where, we drew maps that can us from one side of the country to another, they weren't topographical, but we got from A-B using "simple" symobols as opposed to complexe symbols for simple minds for navigational use.

This is intriguing, you haven't studied our history or culture;

"watching ancient alines on tv and reading zecharia sitchin for the first time it has puzzled me that Australia has been left out of the civilising influence of annunaki "

This quote is offensive;

"it seems to me that when suddenly crops and livestock started existing so that people of sumer could start farming and herding and building and spinning and weaving cloth - nothing like that started existing in Australia

why? "

Because why work hard building structures when you can live under the stars simply and happily and in harmony with our land?? Notherners unless of tribal/aboriginal (red indians, africans, etc) will not survive under these conditions.

Your other quote;

"and is it proof that farming crops and livestock were given to ancient peoples rather than evolving naturally that nothing comparable existed in Australia " Why bother when there was no need, but, no one else designed an aerodynamic weapon that self returned eg' The BOOMERANG"

Your following quote you have made is because "we" don't tell you guys everything, we have a big country, some places are sacred, At some time there may disclosure, but not until your have solved you own mysteries may you learn of ours!

"there are not megalithic statues and pyramids and buildings in Australia - why? i think it is the only continent not to have ancient ruins of that type"

Now I find this really offensive;

"or they were not smart enough to civilise beyond hunter gatherer [i dont believe this one because there are plenty australian aboroginals today who certainly have brians and can become high achievers "

Publically I can tell you I was the youngest ever civlian/military office given command within a NATO environment.

And I am Australian Aboriginal. And F**n proud to be.

That is a fact,

Happy Hunting

HADES

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by plexus

Yo bro, go kick dem dumb ass. They are neither Koori, Murrays nor Arnhem, Dem just learning now what we have alwys known.

They are just scared of our abilties

HADES

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by maxwellsdemon

i did not imply that australian aborigines could not do very well for themselves as hunter gatherers

they obviously did

no lecture required

BUT

hunter gatherers are at a huge disadvantage in lean years when extreme droughts persist for many years in a row

this is why other cultures made the transition to agriculture - to even out the lean drought years with some crops grown when the weather was favorable

there is no disrespect of any sort meant - I am just simply curious why this is the only continent that did not proceed to agriculture

if you have a comment that might enlighten me without a long tedious lecture about what we already know - that they were great hunter gatherers etc etc etc then please let me know

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

you said

Because why work hard building structures when you can live under the stars simply and happily and in harmony with our land?? Notherners unless of tribal/aboriginal (red indians, africans, etc) will not survive under these conditions.

end of your quote

so might that mean that the annunaki if you believe in that or other trading partners who had agriculture and knowledge such as from Asia, tried to give the australian aborigines the seeds and the lifestock and the knowledge as it was on every other continent on earth and the australia aborigines said it was too much hard work? they preferred to starve and die in drought years rather than work in good years to save some excess food for lean years??????

no more questions!

you make now take appropriate offence!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

My theory is Austrailia was under ocean and a land mass near it currently underwater was were the Australian influence may lie. Old location went under ocean Australia came up sort like whats happining now. My 3 cents

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

OK, regarding the following quote;

"australia aborigines said it was too much hard work? they preferred to starve and die in drought years rather than work in good years to save some excess food for lean years?????? "

No one prefers to starve and die, however unlike ourselves "civilised" cultures starve their own people and still do. Eg; Monsanto, biofuels, taxes etc. Driven by the dollar, the less commodities available, the higher the price. Look at the World Monetory Fund and what they do to econmies (here's the $ at work again). You would starve without $'s and a supermarket.

If it is so easy why do we teach the SAS to survive using our "bush knowldege"?

We have never ever died out unlike many "civilised cultures". Who said it was too much hard work? Where did you get than from? "civilised" man came with corruption, disease & pestilance.

It sounds like it would "be to much hard work" for you to chase down a roo.

Who else but us have had a self returning weapon/tool (apart BatMan's bat-boomerang (WE SHOULD HAVE CRIED PATENT INFRINGEMENT) & NASA using reusable self entry vehicles - space shuttle etc.) we designed the boomerang, an aerodynamic device that when thrown return to the point of origin, "civilised" people have only been able to do such within the last 2 centuries, yet only in recent history have "civilised people" utilised our boomerang design characteristics of a single wing to "fly", theorised by Da Vinci' and immortilised by the Wright Brothers. However our design predates Da Vinci" & the Wright brothers by tens of thousands of years.

Better than having ineffectual sewerage systems that speads plague, religion that begets violence or governments that put the people under the thumb instead of universal freedom.

Every country has drought, eg; if England has a drought without rain for 3 months the SHTF, we have survived all droughts. We can find food and water in a desert just using a stick. Australians experience years of drough, we have taught them survival, we have taught them aerodynamics, we have taught them bush management of plant growth renewal using premeditated bush fire to renew the eucalypt, to bring back the animals via bushfire regeneration etc.

Maybe because we are hunters we have survived longer;

This quote;

"so might that mean that the annunaki if you believe in that or other trading partners who had agriculture and knowledge such as from Asia, tried to give the australian aborigines the seeds and the lifestock and the knowledge as it was on every other continent on earth and the australia aborigines said it was too much hard work? they preferred to starve and die in drought years rather than work in good years to save some excess food for lean years??????

Who's to say that the Annunaki didn't?? re: visual cortex & spatial memory. Our history would say they made us stronger to survive the conditions you can't. Hence they taught have you to build houses and catch "slow moving cattle".

I'll make it easy, would you rather spend your day fishing and hunting with your guns to catch your food?

Most people call that a "vacation", we call it survival

Antarctica is also continent

Quote;
"you make now take appropriate offence! "

You make no mention of very long our oral and visual history.

nor the visual spatial cortex.

If you want to survive in the our harsh land or any other, I'll give you a hint if you don't know our ways, you need 3 modern things for the desert or the bush

A. plastic bag - gather water and food
B. sharp instrument - catch, kill, dig for food
C. a piece of glass - to make fire

I also said we have a sacred places you will never know about until the PTB's get there act together for the good of all of us as a global community. The analogy is that you only see the 10$ of the iceberg floating on the top of water the water. There is also the other 90% that you can't see until you actually look.

Happy Hunting

HADES

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

"remember the emerald tablets" we are three.

HADES

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

Australia is now the brunt of ridicule among overseas scientists, as we have become known as the only country in the world re-burying its past!

Australia is most certainly not the only country re-burying its past.

I just felt I had to quote this post.

You talk about ridicule? Contrast of continents and 'development'? Then see how the director of the amerikan movie 'No Way Out' portrays amerikan perceptions of the Maori. I am pretty certain we are all having a hand in re-burying the past, as fast as we can forget what we've done to ourselves...oh, I have to tweet....

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

If I were you I'd realize that tptb are never going to get their act together, not for anyone but themselves. Their focus on a 'global community' is simply a need to shove a cell tower up every bloomin arse, to spread poison like it's progress, and to benefit (save) only themselves when tshtf. This thread, in my opinion, has backfired on it's original intent. Here we are, our soul and spirit utterly strangled by 'advances'. The frickin' POPE, the supposed figurehead of spiritual enlightenment, is worshiping an advertising icon, a bloated Trojan Horse filled with filth, who can't smell his own disease, and wearing his glasses like it's some sort of honor! I assure you, if the 'annunaki' are to return, it will be on the tails of the wrath of God. Look what we did with what was supposedly handed to us.

Don't count on tptb for anything but death and destruction. Do not welcome them.

Has halliburton arrived yet? This means they are shattering your water tables, giving out jobs, as to poison your drink for a millenium. You cannot seriously be wanting them to control any part of you? I'm sorry, I just cannot let this go. OUR OWN REPRESENTATIVES HAVE POISONED THE WATER, THE LIFE SOURCE, OF THE NORTH AMERICA CONTINENT! WHAT DO YOU THINK THEY'LL DO TO YOURS?

In a few ticks of the second hand, it will end. It may be that you will survive the ptb's little disco dance through our unfortunate time, but we will not. They gave us our own worst enemy. They gave to us...ourselves, a version no superior entity would even recognize, distilled of any spirituality. They made it so that 'meaning', which equals 'God', is taboo, mere fairy tales not to be believed. We cannot read a sign because it's unflattering to us to have a concept of anything greater than our most recent 'tweet'. If it were not for tptb, then ats would NOT EXIST. The only 'forum' here would be something like 'how to increase your sexual bliss', or 'meditation system improves levitation manuverability during a category 5 hurricane'.

Don't believe me? Watch a single episode of 'entourage', and count the number of times the phones ring.

edit on 5-1-2011 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2011 by starless and bible black because: the storm is threatening

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join