It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why were ancient australian aboriginals left out of annunaki influence

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I agree with poster above. I would like to add, that it is most definitely a good thing. We are talking about a very impressive group of aboriginals. They have a song for every object in Australia. They are adapted to their environment like a fish in the ocean. I would like to see some of these "smart" people you speak of survive in Australia for a week - let alone take on a full out Walkabout.

More or less, they may be proof of humanity left to it's original vices, without alien influence. Use the word alien however you like.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Australia is now the brunt of ridicule among overseas scientists, as we have become known as the only country in the world re-burying its past!

Australia is most certainly not the only country re-burying its past.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

The aboriginals, unlike us - know their place in the order of the world as human beings. They remember.

They honor and sing to the animals, they call to the spirits and are not interested with disassembling and rebuilding creation. They know the world as it is meant to be, they are a simplified version of a nearly completed rubix cube.

We are a rubix cube that is seemingly no where near completion with a much larger amount of squares.

We're a mess - We could learn much from our brothers and sisters down under.

The closest to and the farthest from will end in the same place.

We're all on a journey home, though I fear in our hastening pace we shall fall at an incredible speed, only to be helped up by our slower moving aboriginal friends who will more then likely reach the destination much sooner then we shall - Tortoise and the Hare all over again.

They will help us to our feet, and in our spinning haze of confusion they will calmly and resoundingly point the direction home. "Its right there, this way, do you remember? Follow us"

-G

edit on 25-12-2010 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Sorry to take your thread off-track with all the archeological stuff - as to the aborigines - it has to be the lack of scope for agricultue and herding that enabled them to stay as huntergathers and keep thier connection to the dreamtime alive - awesome people!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by matthewgraybeal
I highly recommend wikipedia for aboriginal "dreamtime". there is a tale of a rainbow serpent who performs miracles and also does terrible things.

what i find fascinating is that this again is another culture with an all powerful serpent being.

aztecs, mayans, hopi, the indians of india, china, japan, possibly way more. oh yes the vikings too.

but i want to know why no crops and plants or wool to weave cloth from, why no writing, why there is some food plants and animals in australia but none of them as well developed as the food crops from mesopotamia

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
Sorry to take your thread off-track with all the archeological stuff - as to the aborigines - it has to be the lack of scope for agricultue and herding that enabled them to stay as huntergathers and keep thier connection to the dreamtime alive - awesome people!

so why were they left to stay hunter gatherers wheras so much more was happpening everywhere else

[i dont care if you believe it is natural evolution or alien intervention]

unless you dont think that agriculture is an essential development to sustain a bigger population

[i dont like what agriculture produces btw but it seems to be the way of progress everywhere]

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

Aboriginals used farming techniques, I don't know why you say otherwise.

The most commonly used was Fire farming but they also developed ways to catch eels and fish by building rock dams, snares and traps, catch fish by using poisonous plants in the water, they even cultivated plants such as bananas and coconuts.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by megabyte

I think it comes down to something simple, if it isnt broken dont fix it. why would they need to modernize, if the lifestyle worked fine until others informed them there were other ways?

An advanced society doesnt necessarily have to be a technological advancement, like agriculture or herding. they had an advanced connection as good shepards of the continent, they were good stewards of the land, they left it alone and lived as a part of it, not a master over it.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Compare to some other indigenous peoples, elsewhere. North America, for instance. I think a huge clue will also be the numbers of the populations. (The "clans" or "tribes"....each separate group).

Development of agriculture, animal husbandry, and such are purely Human inventions, and a "natural" progression in many cases...just not at the same pace, in varying locations. Also, it is often borne of necessity....again, usually due to population growth.

edit on 25 December 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

so why were they left to stay hunter gatherers wheras so much more was happpening everywhere else

Because there was no need, it wasn't as if they lived in a village with hundreds of mouths to feed, you do know that most of them were nomadic, following food sources water etc, why grow when its available for you in front of your face

Wal

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

The most commonly used was Fire farming but they also developed ways to catch eels and fish by building rock dams, snares and traps, catch fish by using poisonous plants in the water, they even cultivated plants such as bananas and coconuts.

Search ResultsAboriginesAustralia may well be the home of the worlds first people. ... There where no cultivated crops, animals were not herded for food and metalworking was

Aussie People - AboriginalsThe fact that the Australian Aborigines did not cultivate land to grow crops or domesticate animals, they have often been portrayed as being a backward race

What Do Aborigines Eat? - Life in Australia.how did they survive in a harsh environment? Australian Aboriginals learnt to take advantage ... They did not raise cattle and did not cultivate the land. ...

from

www.google.com.au...

they had other foods - obviously or else they would not have survived fro 40000

but they stayed hunter gatherers

so if everywhere else on earth farming developed because it could sustain a bigger population why not in australia?

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Mate, copying and pasting search results doesn't help what you're trying to say, it helps to read them.

For Example, you copied this snippet from google search results:

The fact that the Australian Aborigines did not cultivate land to grow crops or domesticate animals, they have often been portrayed as being a backward race ...

Clicking the link gives us this:

The fact that the Australian Aborigines did not cultivate land to grow crops or domesticate animals, they have often been portrayed as being a backward race. However this can be disputed. After all, the Aborigines did harvest crops in the sense that they made a form of flour from various types of flora...

Emphasis by me.

And as I said, it is also known they cultivated bananas, coconuts, toros and yams.

edit on 25/12/10 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Wasnt that limited to the Torres straight islands? - and even then it was slash and burn farming. - curious as to how long bannanas could have been grown in Australia though!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I'm glad Pyramids of the Pacific has some momentum here; one of the best Australian books ever to go in to print and may I also suggest another "The Ancient Earthworks and Temples of the American Indians" by Lindesey Brine ISBN: 1 86196 000 X.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by auswally

Because there was no need, it wasn't as if they lived in a village with hundreds of mouths to feed, you do know that most of them were nomadic, following food sources water etc, why grow when its available for you in front of your face

Wal

why didnt they proceed to developing villiages?

hunter gatherers can only sustain a small population so ppl are forced to develop farming or allow a lot of their ppl to die all the time

so why not the australian aborogines?

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

The bananas and coconuts most likely yes.

Fire farming is a sustainable agricultural practice, more sustainable than a lot of modern techniques if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by matthewgraybeal

I think it comes down to something simple, if it isnt broken dont fix it. why would they need to modernize, if the lifestyle worked fine until others informed them there were other ways?

An advanced society doesnt necessarily have to be a technological advancement, like agriculture or herding. they had an advanced connection as good shepards of the continent, they were good stewards of the land, they left it alone and lived as a part of it, not a master over it.

yes it does

en.wikipedia.org...

Agriculture is the production, processing, marketing, and use of foods, fibers and byproducts from plant crops and animals.[1] Agriculture was the key development that led to the rise of human civilization, with the husbandry of domesticated animals and plants (i.e. crops) creating food surpluses that enabled the development of more densely populated and stratified societies

end of quote

if hunter gatherers do not make the transition to agriculture of some sort then they have famine years and years of plenty

agriculture enables them to survive years of famine by being able to grrow more than they need in good years and store it for the lean years

so hunter gatherer societies put up with a lot more deaths of their loved ones in lean years

so once againt he question - every continent developed from hunter gatherer - why not on this continent?

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
edit on 26/12/2010 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
because nobody cares about them

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

why didnt they proceed to developing villiages?

They had no need, now i ask back why should they ?

Wal

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

they are direct ancestors of Kenyapithecus and were never influenced by the Annunaki. only through its breading and survival skills was it able to continue as a species until it evolved into what you see today. as did most of its african cousins

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join