It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blast at Swiss Embassy in Rome wounds 1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Blast at Swiss Embassy in Rome wounds 1

news.yahoo.com

ROME – A package exploded Thursday at the Swiss Embassy in Rome, wounding one person, police said. The Foreign Ministry called it a "deplorable act of violence" against the Swiss.

The explosion occurred when the package was opened by an embassy staffer, who was wounded and subsequently taken to the hospital, said a spokesman at the carabinieri police in Rome. The official spoke on condition of anonymity, saying he wasn't authorized to give his name.

A carabinieri official at the scene told reporters the staffer's hands were seriously injured. He said authorities were still trying t
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I wonder what the Swiss do to provoke somebody to attack them. So much for neutrality. Could be related to plans to attack Europe. Hopefully its just one person who has a grudge against the Swiss. If its Al Qaeda or its allies it wouldn't surprise me since the Swiss are becoming more xenophobic with the Muslims.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Was just about to write the same thread. Think I might have found a connection.... CIA anyone?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Seems they have got caught smuggling nuclear material by the Swiss. See link

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Targeting the Swiss???

Now that simply does not make sense...

I wonder who will get the blame for this one, the Greeks and their parcel bombs? Wikileaks over the Swiss bank? or some extremists...

Disturbing news, and I hope the guy makes a full recovery..

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Here is a quote from the post I have linked to above.
BERN, Switzerland – A Swiss magistrate says smuggling charges should be brought against three Swiss engineers suspected of giving nuclear weapons technology to a rogue network in Pakistan — a case that has CIA ties, shredded documents and national security implications.
So it seems the CIA of other letter agencies would have a reason to bomb the embassy.
Seems it is a warning. Do not pursue this or it will be a lot worse that this. Can this be a coincidence?possibly, but my gut feeling tells me it is not.
What do you think?
Regards

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by maythetruthbeknown

Not sure right now, they have left the doors wide open on who could be blamed (not the same as who is guilty)

Someone/agency/group seems to be going out of there way to destabilise things right now..

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I have a feeling WW3 is going to start soon.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Very sad mind who brings explosives to an embassy.

No clues yet, but many think of that group of "eco-terrorists" who wanted to blow up a nano-tech laboratory of IBM near zurich. 4 of them members (italians and a swiss living in italy) are arrested in a swiss prison.

I guess this is the trace to follow.

Some posters noted a CIA connection. Are you referring to the Tinner-case ??
If so; you noted that the case is about 3 years old and was in all the medias, so where exactly would CIA fit in with the todays events ?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by svetlana84

The case may be old but if you look at this link www.foxnews.com...
Smuggling charges should be brought against three Swiss engineers suspected of giving nuclear weapons technology to a rogue network in Pakistan, a magistrate said Thursday, in a case involving CIA ties, shredded documents and national security implications.

It seems that there is a fresh call for more action to be taken. Given the CIA link and the fact that it was said Today and a letter bomb exploded today, It seems a bit of a coincidence, don't you think?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by maythetruthbeknown

A bit too coincidental IMO. And now the Chilean embassy. The CIA can't make it look like they were targeting the Swiss so they had to hit a second embassy.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Now there are reports that the Chile embassy has been attacked! Is it some random target but still in Rome to send a message?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Well...

This didn't go over to well...

Swiss ban minarets

The Swiss value "swissness". There is no place in their society if you do not assimliate. I am Swiss and I found it exceedingly hard to integrate after living most of my life in America. I was known as the "American", even though I am Swiss! and it wasn't in a positive light either. I actually moved to the UK in order to feel more at home

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Wasn't a bomb found the other day on a train in Rome?

Seems all very co-incidental.. the telegraph is portraying this as anarchists.. tho with a few other possibilities in the article..

Linky

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

And now a third package at the Ukrainian embassy, however, this one didn't explode.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Well there you have it, the group who claimed responsibility is call Conspiracy Nuclei of Fire. It wont be long now before sites like ATS and other conspiracy sites will have the fingers pointed at them including their members. Just another way to put everyone in that vauge catagory of extremist.

new topics

top topics

join