It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LHC hasn't made any black holes :)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
It amazes me how people try to talk with certainty about the LHC and wether or not black holes could destroy the earth. Of course it could because there's no observed evidence of Hawking Radiation. This is the key. If the LHC produces black holes then everyone is supposed to be safe because they will quickly evaporate and we can detect this via Hawking Radiation.

Again, this is silly because Hawking Radiation isn't confirmed. So this is a 50/50 crap shoot.

What if micro black holes don't evaporate via Hawking Radiation? What if we find out Hawking Radiation is wrong and the LHC is creating all of these mini black holes that don't evaporate? What if mini black holes are eternal black holes? Maybe these mini black holes grow to become super massive black holes and this has to do with galaxy formation after these mini black holes combine and start to swallow up everything around it?

Again, without confirmation that Hawking Radiation exists this is a 50/50 crap shoot.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by chanel

Physicists using Europe's Large Hadron Collider say they haven't seen any microscopic black holes yet — and perhaps they never will. The most they can say right now is that if they exist, the exotic objects would have to have a mass of more than 3.5 trillion electron volts.

Some flavors of string theory have suggested that micro-black holes could be created at the LHC if the universe has "rolled-up" dimensions in addition to the three space dimensions plus time with which we're familiar. In such a universe, the force of gravity might become dramatically stronger at very small distances, and colliding particles occasionally could create an energy density large enough to produce a black hole for just an instant of time.

cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com...

No, no black holes Is a good thing for us as a species. There's a reason that they occur in outer space and not on our Earth, its because they consume everything that gets in their path. I seriously doubt that the metal confines of any structure could hold back a black hole should CERN be able to create one. There's some reason that they haven't been able to yet. Something's stopping them, who knows what or from where. Another time or maybe another dimension that can see into ours. There have been too many random stalls on certain programs. Lest us not forget the piece of baguette or the loose screw? Too many weird coincidences. I wish that the public knew about them all.

And you believe them?!

And how would they know what they are looking for, would they be able to spot one?

How do you explain all the:
Sinkholes appearing
Recent Earthquakes
Weather anomolies
Mutating matter
Volcanoes
etc...

Remember that of a micro-blckhole has been created it would migrate to the centre of the planet and would cause all of the above as it grew. Also things would gradually but exponentially get worse.

#all the things listed are going on at the moment. Do people really believe that the sun is mutating matter as stated by the scientists? The scientists will tell people whatever TPTB tell them to say. The sun has been around for ages as has the Earth, why the sudden change? I believe the LHC has created some anomoly and that is why it underwent and emergency shut down some time ago for repairs.

What we are seeing now is probably the result of that anomoly.

IMHO,

Kind regards

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Nutella

Umhuh, welcome. The only reference that I could find to the incident was a thread from this site, 3 or 4 pages into my google search. I was looking for something outside of ATS for verification.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nutella
reply to post by zcflint05

There also isn't any proof that something catastrophic won't happen. Is there?

Care to provide any?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
Do you really think the particle physicists at CERN would risk theirs and their families lives if they thought it was a possibility?

The answer is no.

Particle Physicists do NOT have operational control of CERN. They are hired to do a job and if they refuse to do it, someone else will be found to do it.

We have had MANY projects in the United States that the people working on it said it wasn't safe...but were forced to do it anyways. And it failed and ended up killing people, releasing toxic gases, microbes, deadly bacteria, radiation, lethal wave lengths, etc..

We have mad men running projects all over this globe which could end life on this planet at any moment. CERN is no different. Hopefully they were wise enough to place nuclear weapons around the CERN loop ready to be detonated in case they create a runaway scenario they can't control. Our ICBM's may not reach CERN before it swallowed the planet should such a scenario play out.

This is also a reason why we have nuclear submarines filled with nuclear warheads off China's coast. They are running research labs with no safety protocols and if they create something they can't control WE have to be ready to turn them into a glass bowl.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Ok, good point.

But, if they were to make a black hole, nuclear weapons would have absolutely no affect on it. There would be nothing anyone can do. We would be sitting ducks.

The particle physicists are the ones observing the results though, they are the very few that understand what they are looking at.

I, as someone that has studied particle physics, believe nothing will happen and we have nothing to worry about. And while, sure, something could happen that we are not expecting, it will not be a black holes that eats the earth. As I said before, the collisions we are observing happen at a higher rate of speed with a higher energy all the time in our atmosphere. There has never been a black hole up there and we have never worried about it.

We are only colliding protons, nothing monstrous so there would not be enough energy to have any substantial black hole.

Pred...

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nutella
reply to post by zcflint05

There also isn't any proof that something catastrophic won't happen. Is there?

Don't preach from a pulpit that has no foundation.

And there's also no proof that I will not get a golden toilet and win 200 million dollars tomorrow.

If all you can offer is a ridiculous argument trying to prove a negative, then you're dumber than I thought.

Using your logic, we should have never made any new inventions like the car, plane, buildings made out of stone, or hell, even fire would be pretty risky. Neanderthal logic isn't a thing to use to get through life.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

hi pred
i would like to ask a question
if the partical guys and string guys really thought using maths they would see a micro black hole by now
woundnt that mean some of the presumptions that are used are flawed
the second question i have relates to energy/mass equations and the theory that at some point
if the predicated theory is inncorect we could rather than create a black hole
create mass?

xploder

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
i personally hope they dont find a micro black hole
because my theory is super fluidity and requires string and current partical theory
to be drastically wrong
xploder

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

hi pred
i would like to ask a question
if the partical guys and string guys really thought using maths they would see a micro black hole by now
woundnt that mean some of the presumptions that are used are flawed
the second question i have relates to energy/mass equations and the theory that at some point
if the predicated theory is inncorect we could rather than create a black hole
create mass?

xploder

Hi Xploder.

Well, although there is a chance a micro black hole would possibly show up for with the current tEv, the math says the chances are higher with larger power. I doubt we will see one at the current tEv, as fermi labs has been running close to this power for quite a while now, but the chances are a smidge higher with full power. I personally do not think black holes will show up period.

Black holes are mass, if we create a black hole than mass is created. What we need is to understand black holes and the science behind them so that we can make a UFT. that's why we need such high tech detectors.

I'm hoping something happens in the full power collisions that no one has theorized yet.

Then physics will excel for a good chunk of time. Everyone wants to be the next big power in science.

Pred...
edit on 28-12-2010 by predator0187 because: I confused myself

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   

thank you for your answers pred
what i ment by mass is not black hole mass but acual atoms
how would cern scientists feel if the collided two very small particals at high energys and created an atoms or atoms
would not that be something special

when we expect one thing and get another science is forced to rethink the math
and get back to the science of explaining observations
and predicting observations and being surprized by the fact that we were wrong yet again
i remember hearing of nuclear scientists who calculated a run away nuclear
reaction from the first h bomb

i expect to see a fluidity found in all particals and the posability of mass creation at the right energies and conditions
the point im trying to make is how do we know outside a mathmatical equation that we will see anything near
what we have predicted?
if this is the case how can we be sure the experiment is safe?
example
imagine a nutreno acidentally colliding with the collision?
what happens then?
i realize this is an extreame possibility but have all the posabilitys been considered?

is it safe in theory
or safe in fact?

xploder

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join