It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fluoride in Water Linked to Lower IQ in Children

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Indeed, sir. However, extrodinary claims call for extrodinary evidence. So a simple answer as to which test you took would suffice, like the Stanford-Binet exam.

You do realize if your IQ is 149, you're in the top 99.9997% of the population. So that is actually important, wouldn't you agree?

Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

The idea wasn't to make a claim or to brag about anything. The idea was to show that flouride has effects on people other than their IQ. I don't consider myself any smarter than the average joe out there. I didn't realize I was saying something newsworthy to anyone. If I said it was consistently 89 throughout my life, maybe that would have been more comfortable? I'm not going to give evidence of my IQ, because it's meaningless. And it's unimportant to me as to whether anyone believes it or not. IQ tests don't prove anything. They're just a basic measure of comprehension level. But thanks for bringing that to my attention. I'll not do that again. Let my fingers get ahead of my brain again.

edit on 22-12-2010 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Indeed, sir. However, extrodinary claims call for extrodinary evidence. So a simple answer as to which test you took would suffice, like the Stanford-Binet exam.

I couldn't tell you which test it was. I took it with a group of other individuals several years ago. I can tell you it was several pages, and in a multiple choice format. And it was timed. I also remember guessing at some of them. Anyway, that's what it was scored at. Right or wrong.

You do realize if your IQ is 149, you're in the top 99.9997% of the population. So that is actually important, wouldn't you agree?

No, I did not realize that. And I don't consider it important. I know plenty of people smarter than myself by far. Including my wife. So if I'm supposed to be a prodigy, I sure don't feel like one.

Besides, common sense trumps IQ any day of the week. And I could certainly use some more common sense. I think I just proved that.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
A fundamental point about fluoridated water vs. naturally occurring fluorides is that natural (good) fluorides are CALCIUM FLUORIDE, whilst the fluoride found in water is SODIUM FLUORIDE (a by-product of the steel industry).

The primary reason they put it in water is because fluoride eats through everything, so it is the only way they can dispose of it.

They tell the masses it is good for their health so they accept it, and tell them that fluoride is found naturally, but what they omit is the CHEMICAL DIFFERENCE.

CALCIUM FLUORIDE is healthy (found in milk for example).

SODIUM FLUORIDE is a poison (found in tap water).

Your dentist will likely tell you that you can not get fluoride free toothpaste. The reality is you CAN, but you must go to a chemist and request it - they will not put it on the shelf.

Note carefully that the fluoride in toothpaste is SODIUM FLUORIDE, THE POISON!!!

en.wikipedia.org...

emedicine.medscape.com...

www.healthy-communications.com...

www.fluoride-journal.com...

www.americanfreepress.net...
edit on 22-12-2010 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

Great post. And a great addition to the thread.

Better than worrying about someones meaningless IQ.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
"Remember, we're all just paranoid that fluoride is not good for us."

Your right your paranoid. Jeez, I can't believe these people. Why would anyone think ingesting an industrial waste product could be bad for you in anyway,, jeez, the nerves of these people.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I know some brands like TOM's sell flouride free toothpaste, however you'll pay twice as much for it without the flouride in it.

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit
A fundamental point about fluoridated water vs. naturally occurring fluorides is that natural (good) fluorides are CALCIUM FLUORIDE, whilst the fluoride found in water is SODIUM FLUORIDE (a by-product of the steel industry).

The primary reason they put it in water is because fluoride eats through everything, so it is the only way they can dispose of it.

They tell the masses it is good for their health so they accept it, and tell them that fluoride is found naturally, but what they omit is the CHEMICAL DIFFERENCE.

CALCIUM FLUORIDE is healthy (found in milk for example).

SODIUM FLUORIDE is a poison (found in tap water).

Your dentist will likely tell you that you can not get fluoride free toothpaste. The reality is you CAN, but you must go to a chemist and request it - they will not put it on the shelf.

Note carefully that the fluoride in toothpaste is SODIUM FLUORIDE, THE POISON!!!

en.wikipedia.org...

emedicine.medscape.com...

www.healthy-communications.com...

www.fluoride-journal.com...

www.americanfreepress.net...
edit on 22-12-2010 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I use the toms of maine without fluoride. In our store, we sell it, for $5.69 a tube. the one with fluoride, is about $3.49. Walmart near me, last year, sold a toms of maine that was fluoride and SLS sodium laurel sulfate free), but not anymore. way cheaper at walmart.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
So everyone but 1 poster agrees fluoride is bad. Some of you even have children.

The question now is can any of you, or all of us together, come up with an idea to stop the fluoridation in our cities?

Can someone put together a petition? Is there an already existing petition we can sign and forward to someone? Who do we forward the petition to? What kind of letters can we write? What kind of documents or studies can we provide as credible evidence to back up our claims?

Or are we just going to sit around and drink the stuff, contemplate filters, and just keep warning people about fluoride while all the while still half-heartedly consuming it due to lack of choice?

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
S&F Awesome thread more info against Fluoride.

I posted this up a couple days ago if anyone wants a read
Warnings from Physicians, Dentist and Scientist on the dangers of Fluoridation (from 1965)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
This has been suspiciously "retracted/withdrawn" 4 days ago.

This is the note added on the study's page at Environmental Health Perspectives

"Retraction: This paper has been withdrawn
Posted by Admin on 10 Jan 2011 at 14:55 GMT

This paper has been withdrawn.
No competing interests declared.
View/respond to this"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join