It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Fluoride in Water Linked to Lower IQ in Children

page: 2
23
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
In case some of you didn't know, fluoride damages the teeth also. And fluoride is more concentrated in your pineal gland.

Fluoride in pineal gland;

www.youtube.com...

Fluoride damages the teeth;

www.fluoridealert.org...




posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Another good thread DD.


Folks might also find this little article interesting in relation to the study. And a google search on "experts speak out against flouride" will also give you a hefty return.



posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
So what can we do to have safe drinking water? Will store bought water purifiers filter out the fluoride too? I'm so thirsty now but don't want to drink the faucet water!



posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Plugged
 


No.

Look into a reverse-osmosis filtration system. They can be found online for not too terrible of a price. Used to be crazy expensive, but the cost has kind of gone down over time.



posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective
 


Thanks. I'll definitely look into getting one.



posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective
 


So then how is it, that my son who drinks TONS of water from our Atlanta tap has an amazing high IQ?

What about the rest of the kids in his class where getting a 97 in the class means you are on the bottom rung?

This study doesn't seem to jibe with the reality we are experiencing here on the North Side of Atlanta...

I don't buy it.



posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
You can filter the water, yeah, but the problem is, from what ive researched, fluoride is easily abosred through your skin. SO when yuo take a shower, even with a shower filter like i use, a crystal quest 2 stage filter, it dosnt work on fluoride. Your best bet, is too have a point of entry use fitler system set up, which arnt too expensive, but the cost of the fitlers depending on use will add up. They do make reverse osmosis systems for point of entry water, and also a typical set up, like carbon blocks, the cheapest way to go. ALso, on a typical setup, the only filter available, is activated alumini, which get maybe 80% of the fluoride. Reverse osmosis, is making basically distilled water, and distilled water will leech clacium and minerals yuor body needs over time out of your body.
i mention point of entry use, becuase it will filter ALL the water as it comes in via the inlne, and through the entire household then. FIltering tap water is one thing, which is what i do, but since fluoride is found in shower water, as example, your body is jst re absorbing it. so point of entry seems to make more sense.



posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Plugged
 


I'm doing the same thing about not drinking tap water. Most of what you eat has water. When I'm thirsty, I drink juice or eat fruits. You see, I'm always drinking water just not from the tap. The water I consume is fluoride-free and natural.



posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Plugged
 


Just found this site...seems a little creepy

www.lenntech.com...

So they tell you its bad,

www.lenntech.com...

Then give you a choice of putting it in the water (have a play with the water treatment decision tree and note when the 404s appear).


ps. also found the water glossary: www.lenntech.com...
here's what it says for deflouridation:
Defluoridation
The removal of fluoride from drinking water to prevent teeth damage.

Also see: www.lenntech.com...

edit on 22-12-2010 by iamahumandoing because: more info



posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka
 

I understand what you're saying. Even at my age, my IQ is still 149. Not very high, but it has remained consistent. But I have suffered other confirmed effects from flouride. And who knows, maybe my IQ would be higher if it weren't for all the flouride I've ingested over the years. But do the study and research on this stuff. You'll then understand why your personal experience is what it is. There's way too much info to put in a post like this.



posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
If you read the article, the dose that they found the effects were twice the amount found in our water supply. Also, it doesn't mention a single statistical test being done on the results. Not to mention they didn't have a control group.
edit on 22-12-2010 by Ghost374 because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost374
 

It still doesn't change the fact they are adding a known poison to our water, even if it doesn't have any effects at the dosages we ingest.



posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
It all has to do with the relative levels of flouride in the water, and also the direct consumption. You obviously wouldn't be effected if the levels were low enough.

Can you provide evidence to back up your claims that your IQ is 149?

Also, how is 149 "not high?"

Thanks.


Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by HunkaHunka
 

I understand what you're saying. Even at my age, my IQ is still 149. Not very high, but it has remained consistent. But I have suffered other confirmed effects from flouride. And who knows, maybe my IQ would be higher if it weren't for all the flouride I've ingested over the years. But do the study and research on this stuff. You'll then understand why your personal experience is what it is. There's way too much info to put in a post like this.



posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by DimensionalDetective
 


So then how is it, that my son who drinks TONS of water from our Atlanta tap has an amazing high IQ?

What about the rest of the kids in his class where getting a 97 in the class means you are on the bottom rung?

This study doesn't seem to jibe with the reality we are experiencing here on the North Side of Atlanta...

I don't buy it.

Just because you do well in school, doesn't mean you have a high IQ. public schools these days are so easy, you seriously have to try to do bad. If all the kids are getting 97s, this only goes to prove my point. I do agree with you though that water won't make you dumb. you can't just look at the results of studies, you have to look at how the study is done.



posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
It all has to do with the relative levels of flouride in the water, and also the direct consumption. You obviously wouldn't be effected if the levels were low enough.

Can you provide evidence to back up your claims that your IQ is 149?

Also, how is 149 "not high?"

Thanks.


Originally posted by Klassified
reply to post by HunkaHunka
 

I understand what you're saying. Even at my age, my IQ is still 149. Not very high, but it has remained consistent. But I have suffered other confirmed effects from flouride. And who knows, maybe my IQ would be higher if it weren't for all the flouride I've ingested over the years. But do the study and research on this stuff. You'll then understand why your personal experience is what it is. There's way too much info to put in a post like this.

lol because on the internetz you can say your IQ is anything. I'm pretty sure most people will have an IQ 130+ if you ask them.
Or he took one of those online tests, and they are so accurate. /sarcasm off



posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Yeah, I don't think I've ever spoken to anyone on the internet whose alleged IQ was lower than 130... now that you mention it.


reply to post by Ghost374
 



posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Haha, well I will be the first online individual to admit my IQ is below 130.

Must be all of that delicious, healthy tap-water I've been drinking.



posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I'll drink to that! *turns on facet and fills glass with healthy american tap water*

Tap water F$#@$ yeah!


Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Haha, well I will be the first online individual to admit my IQ is below 130.

Must be all of that delicious, healthy tap-water I've been drinking.



posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective
 


No wonder I am smart, I never would drink water, ever or kool aid or anything else made with water except coffee, but not as a kid I didn't so if you had tested my blood back then I'd probably have zero blood-flouride content!!!! And I encourage my children not to drink water too, though with the formula prep thing when they were younger
but mostly used bottled water, dunno if that has any flouride added?
I swore when my teacher explained there is flouride in the water in like 2nd grade, I swore water was poisened. I have no clue why, like I just knew and I am not wrong!
edit on 22-12-2010 by ldyserenity because: to add something



posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0
 




It all has to do with the relative levels of flouride in the water, and also the direct consumption. You obviously wouldn't be effected if the levels were low enough.

This is a good point. I must have had more than my share.

The idea wasn't to make a claim or to brag about anything. The idea was to show that flouride has effects on people other than their IQ. I don't consider myself any smarter than the average joe out there. I didn't realize I was saying something newsworthy to anyone. If I said it was consistently 89 throughout my life, maybe that would have been more comfortable? I'm not going to give evidence of my IQ, because it's meaningless. And it's unimportant to me as to whether anyone believes it or not. IQ tests don't prove anything. They're just a basic measure of comprehension level. But thanks for bringing that to my attention. I'll not do that again. Let my fingers get ahead of my brain again.



new topics

top topics



 
23
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join