It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fluoride in Water Linked to Lower IQ in Children

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Fluoride in Water Linked to Lower IQ in Children

www2.fluoridealert.org

According to Paul Connett, Ph.D., director of the Fluoride Action Network, "This is the 24th study that has found this association, but this study is stronger than the rest because the authors have controlled for key confounding variables and in addition to correlating lowered IQ with levels of fluoride in the water, the authors found a correlation between lowered IQ and fluoride levels in children's blood. This brings us closer to a cause and effect relationship between fluoride exposure and brain damage in children."

edit on 21-12-2010 by DimensionalDetective because: fix url

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
UH-OH LUCY, me thinks someone has some splainin' to do!

Now I wonder how all the folks who love to assure us how 'safe' and beneficial fluoride infiltration of our water supply are, and how its 'all for our health' are going to spin THIS one?!?

I'm sure some of the responses will be doozies!

Remember, we're all just paranoid that fluoride is not good for us.

Crazy tin foil hatters! Be good little obedient sheep, and let big brother do whats best for you! Don't question what's being put in your water supplies!

Is ANYONE SURPRISED by these findings, save for the few people who are always defending this program?

And in case anyone is thinking this is some gigantic amount used to achieve these detrimental effects:

"What is also striking is that the levels of the fluoride in the community where the lowered IQs were recorded were lower than the EPA's so-called 'safe' drinking water standard for fluoride of 4 ppm and far too close for comfort to the levels used in artificial fluoridation programs (0.7 – 1.2 ppm)," says Connett.

www2.fluoridealert.org
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 21-12-2010 by DimensionalDetective because: fix url

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Durrrr whats y'all mean by "I.Q."?

**takes another sip of flouridated KoolAid**

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Dimensional, you're on fire tonight. Seriously, do you have an app that auto posts via RSS feed?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Look sir, Flouride is good for you, end of story!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I was going to say "this isn't news"....

But then your own article says this is apparently the 24th study to show this!

Well... what else can you say?

The Chinese and Germans have also known this for years.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
In the U.S. you need no fewer than 1000 peer reviewed studies that be published before you can even make that arguement. At which point pro-flouride lobyists will fabricate 1 single non reviewed study and it will air non-stop on foxnews for the next 10 years.

Originally posted by bsbray11
I was going to say "this isn't news"....

But then your own article says this is apparently the 24th study to show this!

Well... what else can you say?

The Chinese and Germans have also known this for years.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

"The fact that nearly 3 out of every 5 communities which vote on the issue have rejected fluoridation, year after year, does in all likelihood represent a collective judgment on the part of the public that, when all things are considered, fluoridation is not an acceptable public health measure." - Edward Groth III, PhD Dissertation, Stanford University, May 1973

(view link for the full report)
www.fluoridealert.org...

The fact is that Fluoride-containing compounds are so diverse that it is not possible to generalize on their toxicity. We put so many poisons (willingly and unknowingly) in our bodies, it will take another 5 to 10 generations to figure out the damage that has been done.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
A whole 'nother dimension is the fact that flouride is mistaken by the body, which takes it up as if it were chlorine.

That is why old people, particularly women, suffer from hip fractures. Chemically, floride is not as strong as calcium, and so the hip fractures more easily if an elderly person falls. This injury only came up in the 80's, when the first generation of floridation victims reached their mid-sixties.

Link to U. Utah study

Link to a review of studies and other health risks from flouride in a conspiracy web page

edit on 21-12-2010 by dr_strangecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Kubrick said it best........

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Buy salt with Iodine in it.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Well , isnt this fantastic.,
Glad I have well water,.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
So not surprising AT ALL and that would explain a lot of the “dumbassness”! Probably just the tip of the iceberg among the many chemicals putted in food and in the atmosphere. However, I still believe that the human’s conscience is above any chemical corruption.

S+f for the research at least.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Fluoride calcifies your Pineal gland.. it's structure is similar to calcium and has a tendency to deposit itself around the gland; as "protection" but in the long run... it affects how the gland works.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I wonder why we are constantly being told to have 8 glasses or more of water every day.
Animals in nature only drink when they are thirsty....

hmmm....makes me suspicious...

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I dont try to be a "whats wrong with the kids these days" old person.. but I find myself wondering it a lot these days! These kids now are overly dumbed down and it has to be a combination of things... and flouride is one of them problems. One of the HUGE ones I feel. I am continually shocked at how kids now cant do basic things or arent competent enough to do things we did when I was a kid. I ws trusted with everything from watching younger kids to firearms to cooking with fire to helping with difficult tasks from the time I can remember. These kids now just seem really "dumb". Even my own kids..

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I noticed something was wrong in 2008 when my son was born. I went to go buy baby food and there were shelves of water "with added fluoride". I didn't buy any, but went home and started to read up on fluoride and was shocked. This happened in my city last year this month, you gotta love our citizens:

Part 1

&

Part 2

edit on 22-12-2010 by newBodyoldSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
This isn't just an attack on the mind, nor just an offence to the body but this is terrorism against the soul!

They don't want us to think for ourselves, to have strong healthy bodies or to have any spritual enlightenment.

This is terrorism on a very subtle level and god help the apathetic.

Peace

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TETRA.X

I wonder why we are constantly being told to have 8 glasses or more of water every day.
Animals in nature only drink when they are thirsty....

hmmm....makes me suspicious...

You have a good point. I have always drank when I was thirsty and ate when I was hungry. Im not overweight and eat close to 6 small meals a day.. and dinner isnt my largest one! Ive been spreading it for years. the food pyramid and the recommendations like drinking all of this water is not appropriate for everyone or everyone's genetics. Id die and at the very least be very unhealthy if I followed the food pyramid with my ethnicity.

<<   2  3 >>

join