It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

56 percent of bankers say bonuses 'not enough'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Uh, I really wouldn't give too much credence to that article, by their own given info. of those 96 polled 5 received extreme bonuses, and 38 received no bonuses, thus 53 received somewhere between $1 and $249,999 in bonus. Also I did not see if they were stacking the deck with tellers or other low paid bank employees, or limiting their list of respondents to get at the loan officers and others who might deserve the ire of the public.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I wish I could find a descent job around where I live could care less about the bonuses greedy pigs Id just like to eat once in awhile
edit on 22-12-2010 by Brotherman because: spelling

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Vanity Fair asked 98 bank employees...

Which employees?

The tellers or the investors or the managers?

If they went and polled tellers, they probably are getting screwed.

I would venture that an easy 98% of that bonus money goes to the top 5% of management. The rest is split amongst the remainder, getting smaller as it goes down the ladder.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I once had a job that gave bonuses at the end of the year. It was a percentage of your salary and based on how long you had been with the firm. I worked there for almost 3 years and the biggest bonus I got was $300. I was thrilled to get it. I've worked where I am now for going on 16 years. We don't get bonuses. We got small raises the last couple of years and may not get any raise this year. I'm really bummed by that because my pension amount is 80% of the average of my last 3 years' gross salary. If my raises suck, so will my pension. These scum are upset because they didn't get good 6 and 7 digit bonues? Awww, pooooor widdle tings. They can give it to me and I'd be more than happy to take care of it for them.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Instead of a bonus they could see that this money goes to the sick and needy and they could receive a tax break for contributing. Many people that work hard don't even receive a bonus - a fruit cake maybe. Looks like the :Greed Grinch" has arrived just in time for the holidays!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I just went fishing around in my nose and pulled out a banker.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
These guys are hard to like...however I will try...nope still don't like them.

They worked so hard setting up this criminal system and this is the thanks they get!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Let's all take a gander at what that likely means:

ANOTHER 'bail out' upcoming...

What this exemplifies is that no matter HOW MUCH these endlessly greedy banksters have, it is never enough.

They have a great big empty hole through the middle of them that just can never be stuffed full enough of endless riches.

Just love this little tidbit which sums things up nicely:

Kamer notes that the $90 billion set aside for bonuses amounts to more than the economic value of 13 countries.

Nope, no greed there! Let's all get together, and shell out some more of our tax-dollars to up these folks bonuses a few billion more. Those of us who still have a job that is.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Starred and flagged. Maybe they shouldn't get any damned bonuses until they've repaid the bailouts.

Bonus? WTF is a bonus? I used to remember something about getting a bonus once..

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

I couldn't have said it better myself. What ever happened to the guy that was going to "string them up with piano wire"

I liked that guy....I liked that guy a lot.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
Let them go forth in to their 5 star bunkers in 2012 and as each one tries to exit those bunkers we can do one of two things 1. shoot them 2. tell them how it's going to be from now on...they work for us!

Great ideal but,think about it...
Why not just cement them in ?
save bullets,time and money.
and just think about how much
fun it will be fantasizing about them dieing
the horrible deaths they all deserve.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I am happy to have a job myself, not that I have to work, but that I have a job

I do not get bonuses for performance, my managers do. Their bonus is based on how much production goes up and how much money they helped to save. Meaning if they do not give everyone the raise they deserve they get that money as well. You can bet that managers get nice bonuses.

That being said it is a shame that people would rather others be squashed and suffer just so they can have more than they need. I would have to work a lot of years to make $250,000. Sadly I still have to work over a year to get $50,000. I do not get the free check at the end of the year that matches or exceeds a year’s salary.

Got greed? The bankers sure do.

Raist

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BrainGarden

You could always drill a hole and put a video camera in there. Then you would not need to imagine. You could probably even sell the feed as I am sure many would pay big dollars to watch it.

Raist

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Let's all take a gander at what that likely means:

ANOTHER 'bail out' upcoming...

What this exemplifies is that no matter HOW MUCH these endlessly greedy banksters have, it is never enough.

They have a great big empty hole through the middle of them that just can never be stuffed full enough of endless riches.

Just love this little tidbit which sums things up nicely:

Kamer notes that the $90 billion set aside for bonuses amounts to more than the economic value of 13 countries.

Nope, no greed there! Let's all get together, and shell out some more of our tax-dollars to up these folks bonuses a few billion more. Those of us who still have a job that is.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Oh I got some shells to shell out for them....

edit on 22-12-2010 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raist

Five of the respondents said they received bonuses of more than $250,000; none of them were women.

Wow, do you know how many years I will have to work to get that kind of money?

So who feels sad for the women bankers not getting their bonus? I wonder what they made this year even with a smaller bonus?

The poor bankers who will think of the bankers? I think they should sign up for government assistance to help them in these troubled times. Oh yeah, they already did that and rode on the backs of the commoners.

People like that make me sick.

Raist

Come on now! They've got to give their mistresses hush money and got to keep their favorite dancers up at the strip club. [sarcasm]

If anyone is going to gripe about a $250 million then don't give it to them and see how much they'll appreciate it then. Besides, who in the world is worth an extra $250 million on top of a outrageous salary? No one IMO.

This goes to show that they're charging us way too much for fees and services.
edit on 23/12/10 by Intelearthling because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

they NEED the bailout because they lost the collateral on a few billion (or is it trillion) dollars worth of securitized debt!!!
our pension funds are in trouble because they have lost the collateral....
the whole economy is in trouble because that is alot of money to just evaporate like that!!!

but, oh, ya, they deserve higher bonuses, for blowing the heck out of our economy!

wonder how many bonuses over a hundred thousand dollars there would be if the gov't just pulled back the money it throws around willy nilly like this, I mean healthcare is one of the largest recipients of tax dollars, and look how many of the upper management have been getting that kind of pay for the past few decades!!!

edit on 23-12-2010 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Another great catch. S&F

Banksters indeed.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5
Well we don't like them but Iwould think that bankers are a necessary evil. We no longer have factories so how else do we as a nation generate wealth. The bankers can relocate to other countries leavin gus inthe proverbial.

Use the bankers bonuses to build more factories!

The UK Government said they weren't going to rely on The City anymore for making the UK an income, but they've yet to literally put their money where their mouth is!

The bonuses are OUTRAGEOUS.

It is also no good for the MPs to be crying about the bonuses - they had the option when they bailed them out to attach draconian terms, but they chose not to.
edit on 23-12-2010 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join