It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

56 percent of bankers say bonuses 'not enough'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

56 percent of bankers say bonuses 'not enough'

www.rawstory.com

Wall Street's five biggest banks had a banner year in 2010, racking up their second-highest revenues on record, and to celebrate they put aside some $90 billion for year-end bonuses. But an informal poll suggests that more than half of the people receiving those bonuses feel they aren't getting enough.

Vanity Fair's Foster Kamer went to Wall Street and carried out an informal poll asking bank employees how they felt about their bonuses. He found that, of the 98 people surveyed, 56 percent said their bonuses were "not enough."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Let's all take a gander at what that likely means:

ANOTHER 'bail out' upcoming...

What this exemplifies is that no matter HOW MUCH these endlessly greedy banksters have, it is never enough.

They have a great big empty hole through the middle of them that just can never be stuffed full enough of endless riches.

Just love this little tidbit which sums things up nicely:

Kamer notes that the $90 billion set aside for bonuses amounts to more than the economic value of 13 countries.

Nope, no greed there! Let's all get together, and shell out some more of our tax-dollars to up these folks bonuses a few billion more. Those of us who still have a job that is.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
100% of non bankers say "BONUSES TOO MUCH, A$SH013S!"

edit on 21-12-2010 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
WHAT?!! Their bonuses are not big enough? Oh please, come on. Do they know how many families each of their bonuses could help greatly in this economy? Not big enough my tush, their bonuses are enormous. The bankers are just plain greedy, and showcasing it well.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Let us think of this in another way. If you ask any other industry about their bonuses, I bet 99%+ would say too low, or none at all. The fact that nearly 50% of bankers were happy with bonuses mean they are already making a crapload! The 56% just need another few million to get that new yahct.

www.clevescene.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
It sounds as if these individuals could use a bonus from We the People. Of course said bonus would never be given in worthless paper. Copper jacketed lead sounds like precisely the bonus that is deserved.
edit on 21-12-2010 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Throw in some boards and water, and we got ourselves a partay!

Originally posted by bozzchem
It sounds as if these individuals could use a bonus from We the People. Of course said bonus would never be given in worthless paper. Copper jacketed lead sounds like precisely the bonus that is deserved.
edit on 21-12-2010 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Let them go forth in to their 5 star bunkers in 2012 and as each one tries to exit those bunkers we can do one of two things 1. shoot them 2. tell them how it's going to be from now on...they work for us!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Does it really matter how much money they make?,They obviously have crap loads of money,and it still doesnt make them happy.I say give them more ,more than they can imagine and watch them worry about it and never be satisfied or appreciate anything.Less is more.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Those poor people, isn't there anything we can do to help them?

What about another tax cut?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
It is sort of ironic, isn't it? Most people don't keep much in their savings account because the interest rates are kept lower than the rate of inflation, and any return one might make on savings is no where near enough.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
What we can do for now.....

why don't WE all CHARGE the banks interest on our savings by properly invoicing them for it

it's time we play their own game and hand them some of their own medicine back!!!

Do the same with all other organisations including Govts that owe refunds to you. Charge them interest if you have'nt received your refund within 30 days.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Perhaps it would be better to pool your cash and hire Blackwater/Xe to go after the bankers? I'm sure if you told them they can keep the 90 billion the job would get done nice and quick.

Just sayin!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Wow, that would be a crazy party!

You'd walk in to check how the "job' was goin', and there would be frogmen dancing with wads of cash, and bankers firing AK-47's in the air. All they had to do was offer them some derratives, which they convinced the assasins (i mean peacekeepers) that they were offering them more than what we gave em'.

Originally posted by BipolarSpaceMonkey
reply to post by bluemirage5

Perhaps it would be better to pool your cash and hire Blackwater/Xe to go after the bankers? I'm sure if you told them they can keep the 90 billion the job would get done nice and quick.

Just sayin!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
Let them go forth in to their 5 star bunkers in 2012 and as each one tries to exit those bunkers we can do one of two things 1. shoot them 2. tell them how it's going to be from now on...they work for us!

Would rather have cement lorries waiting .. Seal the entrances and exits closed once their all inside..

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Five of the respondents said they received bonuses of more than $250,000; none of them were women.

Wow, do you know how many years I will have to work to get that kind of money?

So who feels sad for the women bankers not getting their bonus? I wonder what they made this year even with a smaller bonus?

The poor bankers who will think of the bankers? I think they should sign up for government assistance to help them in these troubled times. Oh yeah, they already did that and rode on the backs of the commoners.

People like that make me sick.

Raist

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

oh, I am reallly rather happy with my bonus this year.....it was less than a thousand, but well...more than I thought it would be!!!
gee I can be grateful for hundreds of dollars in a christmas bonus, but these guys can't be grateful with the huge amount they are getting?????

my company is also investing in new equipment!!! this will be more helpful to me and my fellow employees than the bonus will be I bet!!!

we should tell the bankers tough, they should have planned better, worked harder, studied more...ya know, all the things that we are being told if we complain about the near minimum wage salaries we are getting!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I think the obscene amount of money people have impairs their moral senses.

If the average poor person lives a life more decadent than the wealthy people of two hundred years ago imagine how these bankers live and how much that affects them psychologically. Its no wonder they think they deserve more money.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

awww poor babies.. i feel for them... They should be glad they are getting any bonus!
I would trade them if they want to cry about it.

Any guesses what my bonus is , i get to work. Maybe they should stop crying about what they didn't get and be glad for what they do get. Like every holiday known to man off work paid., not to mention its not really work, not to demean them, or put them down, but at the end of the day, none of them go home with aching backs, or pains in muscles they didn't know they had.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Well we don't like them but Iwould think that bankers are a necessary evil. We no longer have factories so how else do we as a nation generate wealth. The bankers can relocate to other countries leavin gus inthe proverbial.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join