It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Hi, I'm tonypazzohome"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

edit on 12/20/2010 by maria_stardust because: Changed thread title.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
doh! i accidently published this before finishing! ....

anyway. my point is. i have no "friends" on forums. i just sign in, type my response and smugly sit and wait for responses to Me. i don't befriend people. i star- i say thanks - but i don't engage in conversation. i'm shy in life and tend to be reserved and use humor as a defense mechanism... but i realized that I never try to talk to people - just inject my opinion. even this thread is a testament to my ego... am i alone in this?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Just my opinion, but often egotism is a cover for low self esteem.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
i agree with that. my self esteem is horrible. im somewhat bipolar and grew up with an epileptic bipolar abusive mother... all sorts of messed up! hah

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

Seeing as how a moderator disliked my comparison of this phenomena to ego-masturbation, I will reword it in a more "Pleasurable and well-mannered" way.

No, you are not alone. Many people use this forum to polish their egos while rarely you will find a reasonable "debate" on this forum. That is not to say I dislike using it, as it has many entertaining opinions and the rare good "debate" is quite educational at times. So, just continue polishing your ego, feel free to do that as much as you like, as long as you stick to the original topic material.

A forum such as this tends to be an outlet to pent-up opinions and thoughts.
edit on 20-12-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
thnks for your reply. i dont want to be that jerk though. i want to be able to connect to people, to not automatically assume that they are judging me and mocking me... i think all of us independent thinkers have been ostracized at some point in our lives and are wary to reach out to other people in fear of being hurt again.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Welcome Tony,
I think you'll fit right in.
heck, they probably wont even notice .

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tonypazzohome

Hi Tony, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Backgrounds

Signature Guidelines

ATS Video Tutorials

Terms & Conditions Lite!

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I think that if you have a message, all you need to focus on is how best to relay that message. The message is constantly subject to change, so make sure it's a vague message.

Welcome.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tonypazzohome

Sure, do as you wish. There is no worry. Just remember to "abide by the forum rules" even though I sometimes don't.
edit on 20-12-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Hey, Tony Paz, welcome! I think you already alienated me somewhere here, but I can't recall where because you weren't very good at it.
Have fun, bro!

I'm a sucker for 'rough childhood' stories...it always softens me up a bit

new topics

top topics

join