It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FACT: Vitamin D Kills The Flu Virus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
My friends of ATS,

Yes indeed, a REAL FACT, and a personal experience for sure

Backround

I work in a residential care home looking after children from the ages of 9 to 18 years old, there are 39 kids in total. In addition to this, there are 61 staff making a total of 100 people in the work place. The work place is A HIVE FOR THE FLU VIRUS. Some kids go home and bring it back, staff go home and bring it back, they share it, spread it and suffer greatly from it. The whole school, with the exception of a few, have either had it or are curently suffering from it. If you want the flu, come to my work place

An Exception

Not me, Why? I have been taken Vit D for around 4 years now and have never come down with a flu, or cold for that matter, not even a sniffle, nada, nowt, ever! I nearly tricked myself into believing that my healthy diet was the cause of prevention, until today.

Hiking without Vit D

Coming up to the xmas holidays I took a few days off to go hiking in Scotland, and forgot to bring my Vit D, my first time in 4 years. When I went into work yesterday I picked up the flu virus from a generous kid named " Have IT ", bless him. Yes, one of my kids on my care was loaded with it. I knew I had it upon waking at 4.20am this morning, sweating, shaking and running to the loo, sore head and somewhat dizzy..... sounds and feels like a flu virus to me

The Miracle wonder of Vit D

On my way to work this morning I stopped of and got some Vit D. I must stress i was absolutely MINGING with the flu at this stage. I fell out of the car, stumbled into the Pharmacy, stumbled back out and drove the 6 miles to work....MINGING!! As soon as I arrived in work I took four 200mg Vit D tablets. Within about 1.5 hours I was starting to perk up, within 3 hours my headache had gone, along with the dizzyness and shaking, though I was still sweating and felt a tad feaver'ish. I took another four tablets 6 hours later, and after one hour I felt ALMOST normal.

As I write this, almost 13 hours later, and after taking another two tablets an hour ago..... I FEEL ABSOLUTELY FINE!!!!

I will sleep well tonight

Many thanks for reading, and hopefully this will inspire some of you to invest in some Vit D?

Be safe be well, healthy and sane...

Spiro
edit on 20-12-2010 by Spiro because: Bold

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Interesting stuff, thanks for sharing! I've been thinking of buying some supplements for a hormone imbalance, so I'll grab me some vitamin d tablets while I'm at it!

Just wanted to ask, is it safe to pop that many vitamin D tablets?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The battle has begun,

Let us know your progress, I know that in my past experiments with virus they rarely vanish in the same day the symptoms appear. Eventually your body will kill it, so I'd like to be updated so I can recommend this to my clients this holiday season for the sniffles.

-G

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
My friends,

articles.mercola.com...

Vitamin D levels in your blood fall to their lowest point during flu seasons. Unable to be protected by the body’s own antibiotics (antimicrobial peptides) that are released by vitamin D, a person with a low vitamin D blood level is more vulnerable to contracting colds, influenza, and other respiratory infections.

Be safe be well,

Spiro

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing your story. I have been a long-time advocate of Vitamin D and believe in its MANY benefits and healing powers.

I feel I must say though (guaranteed someone else will if I dont), that you most likely did not have the flu. The true flu virus takes several days to manifest itself. However, I have no doubt that you obviously had some sort of bug and I beleive that vitamin D fights off any sort of infection that attacks your immune system.

There have been several studies that indicate Vitamin D is just as affective as any vaccine.

link   
As an aside, staying out of the sun reduces our natural vitamin D levels, as does persistent chemtrail spraying.

Vit D is great stuff!

link   
My friend,

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus
The battle has begun,

Let us know your progress, I know that in my past experiments with virus they rarely vanish in the same day the symptoms appear. Eventually your body will kill it, so I'd like to be updated so I can recommend this to my clients this holiday season for the sniffles.

-G

Absolutely, for sure

Im around 16 hours into this, from 4.30 this morning, though it was in my system alot ealier than that. I really believe that by having the lack of Vit D in my system for a few days made me very vunerable to catching it. I must stress here that I am very prone to catching anything. I also believe that Vit D doesn't stay in the system for a long period of time thus needing a regular top up. Its recomended by most herbalist's that between 600 and 1200mg per day is sufficient enough to keep the immune system in harmony. We in the Uk dont have access to nice sunlight all year round, and indeed lack alot in our own summers, so we seem to suffer the most......ha, this is were Mr Beecham comes in and makes a FORTUNE GRrrrrrr!!!

I'll keep you up dated for sure

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Excellent thread. S&F

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by KatieVA
Interesting stuff, thanks for sharing! I've been thinking of buying some supplements for a hormone imbalance, so I'll grab me some vitamin d tablets while I'm at it!

lol, erm, well it worked lol. It really depends on your own individual immune system. In addition to this, it depends on who you believe is telling you the truth in how much you should take. I myself have been subscribing to Dr Mercola and have learned that what I take suits my immune system. i have taken a VitD overdose before so I know not to overdo it

Be sure to grab a bottle. Incidently, if you like Salmon then eat a load of that every week, its packed with VitD, would save your Kidneys lol

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiro
My friend,

lol, erm, well it worked lol. It really depends on your own individual immune system. In addition to this, it depends on who you believe is telling you the truth in how much you should take. I myself have been subscribing to Dr Mercola and have learned that what I take suits my immune system. i have taken a VitD overdose before so I know not to overdo it

Be sure to grab a bottle. Incidently, if you like Salmon then eat a load of that every week, its packed with VitD, would save your Kidneys lol

Be safe be well

Spiro

Thank you!

Eeek, what's a vitamin D overdose like?
Hope you were ok?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Get an apple, cut the pips out and throw the rest away.

Eat said pips, natural VitD. You can actually taste it, similar to apricot kernals.

Havnt had even a sniffle this year.

Yay forVitD

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by westcoast
Thanks for sharing your story. I have been a long-time advocate of Vitamin D and believe in its MANY benefits and healing powers.

I feel I must say though (guaranteed someone else will if I dont), that you most likely did not have the flu. The true flu virus takes several days to manifest itself. However, I have no doubt that you obviously had some sort of bug and I beleive that vitamin D fights off any sort of infection that attacks your immune system.

There have been several studies that indicate Vitamin D is just as affective as any vaccine.

Absolutely, you could very well be right on there

I'm in agreement with you becuase I could very well have only had a bug, perhaps a 24 hour bug. If this was the case then I would usually feel like crap a few days after, which I feel absolutely fine.....Interesting indeed my friend.

On the other side of the coin, perhaps i still had some Vit D left in my system, perhaps enough to just needing top'ed up, thus resulting in the flu beating defeated ealier and quicker?

I will put more thought and feelings into this

Yes, for sure, Vit D is a GREAT healer for alot of bugs and flu's, its superb

Many thanks,

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Yes Vitamin D does stop Flu. Better than any Flu vaccine ever created. In fact Flu was created. Especially H1N1 aka swine flu. Take Vitamin D and more or less you will be cured of flu.

Take any government funded vaccine and u may get mild flu but u may be poisoned at the same time. And remember Vitamin D as well as other vitamins will soon be banned through Codex Alimentarius. Look it up. The Powers That Be don't want you healthy. They make money on your suffering and death!!!!!!

Take Vitamins! Buy them in bulk because soon our asshole governments will ban them!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
My good friend,

Originally posted by wcitizen
Excellent thread. S&F

Many thanks indeed

Be safe be well,

Spiro

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Stared and flagged.

Here is another interesting article on virtues of vitamin D.

Avoid Flu Shots, Take Vitamin D Instead

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

Thanks for sharing

I used to take vitamin D regularly as well, and never had too many problems with colds and what not, but I ended up getting out of the habit unfortunately.

Thanks for the reminder

reply to post by wcitizen

As an aside, staying out of the sun reduces our natural vitamin D levels, as does persistent chemtrail spraying.

Well, since chemtrails are actually contrails, and contrails are cirrus clouds, and clouds tend to block the sun, and the sun provides vitamin D, that makes sense

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by wcitizen

Vit D is great stuff!

Great side note

The Flu season is always winter time when the Sun is not out....as much. This results in the lack of Vitamin D in our bodys, so taking Vit D supplements is obviously the answer

Mr Beecham has it sorted!!!

Vit D all the way,

Many thanks,

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by jehova620
Get an apple, cut the pips out and throw the rest away.

Eat said pips, natural VitD. You can actually taste it, similar to apricot kernals.

Havnt had even a sniffle this year.

Yay forVitD

Superb

I never knew that lol, of to buy some apples tomorrow.....red or green? Both perhaps?

Many thanks

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
My dear friend,

Thank you!

Eeek, what's a vitamin D overdose like?
Hope you were ok?

Bless

It was like my iron levels boosted becuase I not only had a very strong taste of iron in my mouth, I also smelled pretty bad of it....yuk, horrible smell. It was akin to sucking on a 10 pence piece lmao

Other than that, yellowing of the skin around my forehead lol

Not nice...meh

Many thanks

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

Just an FYI, it is VERY hard to overdose on vitamin D. It sounds like the op only took around 800iu which is not very much at all.

I always do my best to NOT give medical advice here, so rather than make a suggestion, I will tell you how much I take personally. I was excited last month when I discovered 5000iu pills at my local store! No more taking massive amounts of pills to get a decent dose. New recomendations that came out suggest a small child can take as much as 2000iu daily safely. If you are sick, you want to take more. If it is winter, or you live somewhere without much sunshine, you want to take more.

I happen to be sick with a headcold right now, and I just took 40,000iu. I plan to do this for the next few days, and then go back to my 10,000iu/daily. I will reduce that to 5,000 in the the summer. I have read medical articles that suggest I could take more than double that when I am sick, and not be at risk of overdosing.

SO....if you have ANY questions about how much is safe to take, do a search and read up on it. Many medical on-line sites discuss it. Ofcourse, if you still aren't sure, ask your doctor!

Your body tends to naturally flush out what it doesn't use.
edit on 20-12-2010 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join