It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FACT: Vitamin D Kills The Flu Virus

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
My good friend,

Originally posted by stevcolx
Yes Vitamin D does stop Flu. Better than any Flu vaccine ever created. In fact Flu was created. Especially H1N1 aka swine flu. Take Vitamin D and more or less you will be cured of flu.

Take any government funded vaccine and u may get mild flu but u may be poisoned at the same time. And remember Vitamin D as well as other vitamins will soon be banned through Codex Alimentarius. Look it up. The Powers That Be don't want you healthy. They make money on your suffering and death!!!!!!

Take Vitamins! Buy them in bulk because soon our asshole governments will ban them!!!

I couldn't agree more

Six years of researching what you have said leads me to believe BIG Pharma and the FDA are behind all this. I created a thread a few weeks back on how the goverment is/has/will be suppressing natural herbs in Europe as early as next April 1st....and no, its not an April's fool I'm afraid

Many thanks indeed, great advice!

Be safe be well,

Spiro

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by Unknown Origin
Stared and flagged.

Here is another interesting article on virtues of vitamin D.

Avoid Flu Shots, Take Vitamin D Instead

Many thanks for contributing, a great addition to the discussion indeed

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
400mg

How many IU is that?!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by westcoast
reply to post by KatieVA

Just an FYI, it is VERY hard to overdose on vitamin D. It sounds like the op only took around 800iu which is not very much at all.

I always do my best to NOT give medical advice here, so rather than make a suggestion, I will tell you how much I take personally. I was excited last month when I discovered 5000iu pills at my local store! No more taking massive amounts of pills to get a decent dose. New recomendations that came out suggest a small child can take as much as 2000iu daily safely. If you are sick, you want to take more. If it is winter, or you live somewhere without much sunshine, you want to take more.

I happen to be sick with a headcold right now, and I just took 40,000iu. I plan to do this for the next few days, and then go back to my 10,000iu/daily. I will reduce that to 5,000 in the the summer. I have read medical articles that suggest I could take more than double that when I am sick, and not be at risk of overdosing.

SO....if you have ANY questions about how much is safe to take, do a search and read up on it. Many medical on-line sites discuss it. Ofcourse, if you still aren't sure, ask your doctor!

Your body tends to naturally flush out what it doesn't use.
edit on 20-12-2010 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

Thats some great advice right there

Many, many thanks indeed for the contribution, its greatly appreciated indeed

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

I am also big on vitamin D-3 now. The amount the give per pill is not nearly enough to what we need, (200mg). 30 minutes in the sun (full body exposure) provides us with 10,000 IU I believe. That is below the 30 degrees latitude at least. So it is best to take four - six of these little vitamins per day, minimum.

Since I live in an area with scarce sun and plentiful rain and fog, it is very easy to get sick here also. I got really sick a few months ago, and ever since then I have stocked up on vitamins - and religiously take them every day after breakfast.

They help. It's not a joke. D3 is an amazing vitamin, it is sunlight. We need it to survive.
edit on 20-12-2010 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-12-2010 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by unityemissions
400mg

How many IU is that?!

I took 2000mg over a 14'ish hour period, but I've no idea on the IU lol

Perhaps Westcoast will know?

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiro
My friend,

Originally posted by unityemissions
400mg

How many IU is that?!

I took 2000mg over a 14'ish hour period, but I've no idea on the IU lol

Perhaps Westcoast will know?

Be safe be well

My friend,

I checked the bottle and it tells me that one [1] tablet is 400IU

Im no good at Maths

Spiro

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I personally take in 2000iu a day for the last year and a half! I have not even had a sniffle this whole time! In the summer I work outside a lot and still take in 2000iu a day! No side effects, and no flu at all! I personally recommend vitamin d to everyone. Before this I used to get sick anywhere from 2-5 times a year with colds and flu! I did some research and read some article about Vitamin D that said 5000iu - 8000iu a day is recommended!
I had the experience of getting the flu shot twice. The first time I think I was sick for almost the whole winter after the shot. The second time, I was sick within 48hrs of the shot and it lasted for 3 weeks! I will never get another shot again! I don't know what they put in it, but it is not just dead flu cells! THEY LIE! Last year I had to work in a hospital where everyone was sick and getting their H1N1 shots. They tried to get me to take one, this was the hospital staff and my boss! I LAUGHED at them to their collective faces and said that if they even thought of trying to give me a shot I would quit!
Those damned flu shots kill more people every year than the flu ever did! Just my Two cents!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
10,000 IU is equal to 0.25 mg (milligrams) or 250 micrograms.

There are 1 million micrograms in a gram. There are 1000 milligrams in a gram.

IU's are extremely small.

Oh and for the record, I take 8000IU of vitamin D per day this time of the year for approx. 6 months in wintery Canada. I don't take any for the other half of the year because I get enough from the sun.

Great discussion

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Some scientific evidence on this topic:

""Vitamin D proven far better than vaccines at preventing influenza infections"

"A clinical trial led by Mitsuyoshi Urashima and conducted by the Division of Molecular Epidemiology in the the Department of Pediatrics at the Jikei University School of Medicine Minato-ku in Tokyo found that vitamin D was extremely effective at halting influenza infections in children.....Vitamin D appears to be 800% more effective than vaccines at preventing influenza infections in children..."

Must read article
www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Taking supplements isn't bad, but if you're already getting an adequate amount of vitamin D, it really has no effect after that, and it certainly isn't comparable by any amount to the protection a vaccine would provide. There's a reason health-care workers are required to be vaccinated.

Just throwing it out there, naturalnews.com is probably the single worst source you could ever link if you're making a claim about anything even slightly related to science.

Funny example of these pseudoscience peddlers - Gary Null injuring himself from getting too much vitamin D from his own products:

Health guru nearly killed eating own product

Ga ry Null's Ultimate Power Meal nearly killed himI

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by KatieVA

Just wanted to ask, is it safe to pop that many vitamin D tablets?

I have been taking between 10,000 and 50,000 iu's of D3 everyday for 3 years and have had no side effects and only one cold. If you think your body makes over something like 50,000 iu's when you are exposed to the sun for just a few minutes. If you stayed in the sun all day you would make a hell of a lot of vit D.

According to the research I did before taking such a high dose your body will take the amount of D it needs and will get rid of the rest.

Perfectly safe.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Here's an intresting interview or lecture to back you up.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by Vesica
Here's an intresting interview or lecture to back you up.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by Whyhi
Taking supplements isn't bad, but if you're already getting an adequate amount of vitamin D, it really has no effect after that, and it certainly isn't comparable by any amount to the protection a vaccine would provide. There's a reason health-care workers are required to be vaccinated.

Protection? In the OP I stated that in my workplace there are 100 children/kids and staff. ALL of the kids have had the flu jab over the past year, and ALL have still come down with the flu, some alot worse and consitent than others. Some kids even claim to feel more ill after getting the jab and still continue to get the flu. NO protection there im afraid

Just throwing it out there, naturalnews.com is probably the single worst source you could ever link if you're making a claim about anything even slightly related to science.

Naturalnews.com is a good source that if researched properly, will lead to other great resources such as Dr Mercola

I will stick, preach and tell everyone I meet that Vid D prevents ME from getting colds and flu's and if it helps them and saves them from taking a vaccine that not only doesnt work, but indeed poisins the body, then Ill carry on with my own personal factual experience

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Sorry OP you need a proper clinical trial to prove anything. Random individual experiences DON'T PROVE SQUAT. OK I'll give you my experience. Age 60, had the real deal flu long, long ago and only once. Not had so much as a cold in the past 20 years. I've worked in residential too!

I don't do vitamins though I do drink rather too much of my own plum brandy.
So that must be it then. Stay off the vitamins and drink star's plum brandy! Maybe I could sell it as an alternative on Mercola's vitamin peddling site.

That's my 'factual experience' for you OP. What do you make of that eh? Do you get what I am saying? My 'logic' is as stupid as yours. Jeez....

edit on 23-12-2010 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by starchild10
Sorry OP you need a proper clinical trial to prove anything. Random individual experiences DON'T PROVE SQUAT. OK I'll give you my experience. Age 60, had the real deal flu long, long ago and only once. Not had so much as a cold in the past 20 years. I've worked in residential too!

I don't do vitamins though I do drink rather too much of my own plum brandy.
So that must be it then. Stay off the vitamins and drink star's plum brandy! Maybe I could sell it as an alternative on Mercola's vitamin peddling site.

That's my 'factual experience' for you OP. What do you make of that eh? Do you get what I am saying? My 'logic' is as stupid as yours. Jeez....

edit on 23-12-2010 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

Great post

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
It's best to take D3 in cunjunction with milk(or calcium) and magnesium. They help each other get absorbed. I still have had a few colds and the flu a couple of times.

Unless you know what the mercury level is, be careful not to have more than 2 servings of salmon a week.

I usually don't encourage particular regimens based on anecdotal evidence. Research multiple reputable sources.

So if this advice is ignored also, that's fine.But it is good to get a dose of sun from another source besides a tanning bed.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I can't get vitamin D in any higher dosage than 2000 IU. Many people I see taking this supplement are taking 400 IU pills. My question is what good is that?

A light-skinned person will synthesize 20,000 IU of vitamin D in 20 minutes sunbathing on a tropical beach

Basically you have to take 50 of those pills to get the same effect. It would seem to me that getting out in the sun is what needs to be done. Maybe get under a UV light?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Origin

While large amounts of vit-d are synthesized rather quickly in the sun, it stays on the skin for up to 48 hours. This means, we usually wipe the majority of it off bathing/showering.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join