It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcano watch 2011

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Just got a VAAC in my RSS feed

FVAG01 SABM 010800 VA ADVISORY DTG: 20110901/0800Z VAAC: BUENOS AIRES VOLCANO: CORDON CAULLE 1507-141 PSN: S4031 W07212 AREA: CHILE-C SUMMIT ELEV: 1798M ADVISORY NR: 2011/372 INFO SOURCE: GOES 12 ETA MODEL ERUPTION DETAILS: CONTINUOUS EMISSION OBS VA DTG: 01/0715Z OBS VA CLD: VA NOT IDENTIFIABLE FM SATELLITE DATA DATA WINDS: FL065/100 330/50KT - FL100/200 340/80KT FCST VA CLD +06HR: 01/1400Z FCST VA CLD +12HR: 01/2000Z FCST VA CLD +18HR: 02/0200Z RMK: NO VA SEEN IN SATELLITE IMAGERY DUE TO EXTENSIVE CLD COVER NXT ADVISORY: WILL BE ISSUED BY 20110901/1400Z

www.smn.gov.ar...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Katla still buizzy ....now with a 3+

en.vedur.is...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Ground deformation has been observed on Katla.

www.jonfr.com...

Could we soon see an eruption from Eyjafjallajokull's 'Angry sister'?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by logicalview

Yes, worth watching I think. from John Search

Katla Volcano, Iceland
An earthquake swarm has occurred near Katla volcano in Iceland. The largest earthquake in the swarm measured magnitude 3.2 on the evening of 1st September. The seismic activity occurred under Mýrdalsjökull glacier in southern Iceland which covers Katla volcano. The volcano has not erupted however there has been increasing interest in Katla since the eruption of nearby Eyjafjallajokull in 2010.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Alert level raised at 22 Indonesian volcanoes.
Article here
www.thejakartapost.com...
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Tzavros

still on the move!

en.vedur.is...

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The following super volcanoes have had updates today as follows

Whakamaru 2011-09-06 11:56:03 2.6 5 Km
Yellowstone 2011-09-06 13:18:26 2.3 2.00 Km
Campi Flegrei 2011-09-06 10:47:28 5.0 25 Km
Reporoa 2011-09-06 11:56:03 2.6 5 Km

From hisz.rsoe.hu...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

Thanks for the info.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Updated info on Katla, seems there is some melting going on under the glacier:

Updated Katla Information

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Mount Tambora alert status raised to 3 (out of 4).
www.republika.co.id...

Thing is, if Tambora blew to her full capacity, and gave us another "year without summer" as it did in 1800's.....would we really notice the difference here in the UK? Lol!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Katla is having harmonic tremors it seems, will soon likely to erupt. There was earthquake swarm there yesterday, but today it has been bit more quiet.

Webcam is shaking, but I think its just fixed to mast and wind shakes it. View is right now bit foggy out there.
Live Stream
Earthquakes near

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
here a link to an better webcam for katla..
www.katla-volcano.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ressiv
here a link to an better webcam for katla..
www.katla-volcano.co.uk...

I can't look it since it needs plugin, and I can't install that for some reason.

Katla is having serious quake swarm, and you can clearly see some harmonics there, I guess this is closest seismograph:
hraun.vedur.is...

Those harmonics started 8th day, notice how its more low frequency movement.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
heavy swarm this morning on top off katla...

en.vedur.is...

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thebel
Katla is having serious quake swarm....

Yes it is a swarm- how serious remains to be seen. Until the magnitudes go up a bit more, not likely they would alert.

and you can clearly see some harmonics there....

Really? Where? Harmonics? So you have access to the raw data and have done spectral and/or audio analysis to determine harmonics? No, of course you haven't- cause PuterMan and myself were just discussing how it would be interesting to have access to some of that raw data for exactly that: analysis. If you would know who to contact there that could provide that data (and that speaks English) that would be great.

Harmonics by definition are recurring intervals. They show up on spectral as bands. And as PuterMan has shown us much, they have a very distinctive whale type sound when the raw data is converted to an audio file and sped up to bring it into human hearing range.

... I guess this is closest seismograph:
hraun.vedur.is...

Actually, I believe for Katla you want this one:
hraun.vedur.is...

Those harmonics started 8th day, notice how its more low frequency movement.

There seems to some confusion going on here about the use of the term harmonics and tremor as it applies to volcanoes. And although those are somewhat uncommon type of charts, correct me if I err, but I don't see anything close to harmonic tremor on the graph I linked to at Katla (Godabunga)- and that's even if you could see real harmonic tremor on them at all- and I'm not sure what it would look like on that type of graph. Any ideas PM?

And yeah, I have returned from purgatory- thanks to a most forgiving staff.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
You can't distinguish "volcanic" harmonic tremor on these kind of graphs.
The only reading that could indicate possible "volcanic" harmonic tremor is if the low freq 0.5-1 HZ line (red one) went up in the sky or started to look quite strange. This could be a sign that there actually is magmatic activity as it would shows up in that kind of range on these graphs. Even if we saw that red line going completely wild it could just mean tectonic activity caused by low magnitude earthquakes.

You can also have harmonic readings caused by hydrothermal activity. (water, vapour)
On these graphs you won't detect them but you would see the blue/cyan line going "wild" or up. And for me that's what we are, more or less, seeing on TrueAmerican's posted graph. Thermal or Hydrothermal activity at Katla under the Icecap and not volcanic harmonic tremor.

Welcome back bro (TrueAmerican)

Nid

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Question:

Okay so I was looking over the RSOE website and noticed the activity at Tambora. I did a little reading and here's my question. If Tambora blows, should we expect it to be as big as it's last eruption considering it was only just under 200 years ago? Has it had enough time for the chambers to fill back up? Or is there no way for us to know? Okay that was like 3 question lol. Thanks in advance.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by watchdog

Here's two links you might find useful

www.npr.org...

www.uri.edu...
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Did anybody notice that Iceland had quite a bit of activity this morning? It looks a bit ominous...

Linky

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Thank you angelchemuel

2nd line

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join