It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volcano watch 2011

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
While I am at it...Papandayan

Papandayan is imminent.
theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

and this about La Palma

“More than 1,000 calls were made to the emergency number after the quake on the south east of the island. There was no damage or injuries. The 112 emergency number on the Canary Islands received more than 1,000 calls from concerned members of the public after an earthquake in Agüimes, on the south east of Gran Canaria, on Monday afternoon. None reported any injury or damage to property however. The quake at 2.15 pm was a 3.4 magnitude on the Richter scale, with the epicentre at sea off the coast of Playa del Inglés. Its effects were also felt in Santa Brígida, Telde, La Aldea de San Nicolás and Santa Lucía de Tirajana. There was a small tremor on El Hierro earlier on Monday, where EFE notes more than 3,700 seismic movements have been detected since July 19 this year. "
From here…..
hisz.rsoe.hu...

and this about inflation at El Hierro

bigthink.com...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Are you able to get that one to load? It worked for me last night, but today it doesn`t seem to want to play at all

I love this one because of the really close shots and the lighting controls..... oddly enough, watching it seems to be soothing after watching the webis and GEE for hours at a time

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonlover12

I just loaded it up. Sometimes it goes off and when I try to reload the page it won't. So I just delete the site from my browser and try again.

Can't see much there now except it's topping of white clouds, might clear later. And that caldera has gotten much bigger in the last month ( I look at it every day, it usually stays on my browser during daylight hours)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I`ll give that a try. I usually have it on a opened tab 24/7.

Thanks for the help !!!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Very welcome

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Old friend NABRO might have stopped smoking; but is still having shakes. Yesterday there was a 4.4 at 09h17 UTC

But that is not all. Effects of that eruption went all around the world, little noticed. Here are some photos taken in Europe (Czech Republic) of dust-sky at sunset - the likes we are more used to see in Southern Africa.

NABRO cause of Red Sunsets in Northern Hemisphere.

Interesting - also will have effect on more cooling down in Northern Hemisphere.

On the same location:
In the Red Sea at the Volcano Jebel Zubair (About 170 Km N from NABRO) they have swarms of quakes between 2.5 and 4.0; some days as many as 20 /24hr period. All depths 'default' to 15 km which is the minimum Default at Djibouti.

Further to the South at the Tripple Junction entrance to the Red Sea there is another swarm of quakes. Depth around 6 km with some at default 15 km. For a few days (At least 14 Aug until 23 Aug) there were no quakes, last two days had 25 above 2.7 magnitude.
edit on 25/8/2011 by Aromaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Mt. Lokon erupts three times on Wednesday

By PNA and U.S. News Agency / Asian

Mount Lokon in North Sulawesi province erupted three times on Wednesday, spewing ash in northerly direction.

“We recorded three small eruptions. The volcano only sent out ash to a height of 200-250 meters,” the head of Mount Lokon`s monitoring post, Farid Ruskanda Bina, said in Tomohon, on Wednesday.

He said seismic records showed several tremors, including three shallow tremors.

“Admittedly, Mount Lokon has been showing signs of increased activity over the past few days,” he said.

He made it clear that one of the indicators of increased activity was continuous tremors. The tremors had an amplitude of 2-10 millimeters.

“On Tuesday (Aug. 23) the seismic records show tremors at an amplitude of up to 18 millimeters. For the time being the tremor movement is fluctuating and is still recorded,” he said.

“We hope that local residents will always be on the alert, the more so because the volcano is still likely to erupt. But we don`t know when the eruption will occur,” he said.

By 05.00 p.m. on Wednesday the Volcanic and Geological Disaster Mitigation Center (PVMBG) had neither raised the volcano`s alert status to level IV nor lowered it to level II, he said.

“The volcano is still put under alert level III. Residents should stay away from a radius of 2.5 km from Mount Lokon,” he said.

The volcano released its powerful eruption on July 17, causing villagers living near the volcano to flee to safer places.

from
www.usnewslasvegas.com...

The following volcanoes are at orange level and flashing
Nama Gunung Terhitung Tanggal
Soputan 14 Agustus 2011

Papandayan 13 Agustus 2011

Karangetang 8 Agustus 2011

Lokon 24 Juli 2011

Ibu 5 Agustus 2009

From
pvmbg.bgl.esdm.go.id...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I think we have another dormant volcano waking up folks

my personal input,,,, this is odd and I wonder what is happening.

check this out

Unusual geological event in Niger on Friday, 26 August, 2011 at 03:18 (03:18 AM) UTC.

Nigerian authorities and France's Areva group have sent experts to investigate eruptions, smoke and fumes spouting from a mountain in the West African nation's northern uranium mining district of Arlit, state media said. Earlier this week, residents reported two days of activity. Experts dispatched to take samples found cracks in the mountainside and rocks 400 metres away. There were no reports of injuries or damage to mines. "According to the witnesses who alerted the authorities, when they heard explosions, they initially thought it was an earthquake or a volcanic eruption," state radio said in a report.

read more
hisz.rsoe.hu...
edit on 26-8-2011 by berkeleygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Sukurajima had a massive explosive event last night
www.youtube.com...
I think it possibly ties in with this EQ event at the Aira Caldera
hisz.rsoe.hu...
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

aargh! I missed it!!! Darn you Irene!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Lol! It was sooo quick we could have been looking for hours! Just as well Dutchinsinse (ahem) caught it....seems like the rest of the world did too....barring those poor folks in their cars at the bottom of the mountain....bet they got the shock f their lives!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
nice swarm on katla today.......
en.vedur.is...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ressiv
nice swarm on katla today.......
en.vedur.is...

Something to keep an eye on.....
or just Katla having a stretch????

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Just a quickie
"Ash thrown kilometres into the sky by an increasingly active volcano in a remote Russian Pacific coast territory has forced a reroute of international air traffic, government officials said Monday. A column of smoke and ash from the volcano Shiveluch, located in the centre of Russia's rugged Kamchatka peninsula, has reached an altitude of 8.6 kilometres and poses a threat to aircraft. The ash discharges were increasing in intensity and volume over the weekend. The RNES is now rating Shiveluch at level orange, one step below its most dangerous rating, red. The Monday ash column was the most significant in a month and was accompanied by rock slides and an increase in the size of a rock dome known to contain lava, the report said."

hisz.rsoe.hu...
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Damn damn damn...

Volcano live news

Tambora volcano in Indonesia has been raised to level 2 alert (out of maximum 4) after an increase in volcanic earthquakes. In April 2011 there were 37 shallow volcanic earthquakes recorded, 167 in May, 277 in June, 363 in July, and 141 from 1-29 August. Continuous tremor was recorded on 29 and 30 August.

A little history :
Mount Tambora Wiki

Tambora erupted in 1815 killing 92 000 people making 1816 the year without a summer as the global climate effects were felt. Aerosols from the Tambora eruption blocked out sunlight and reduced global temperatures by 3 deg C. Europe missed a summer, and India had crop failures following the Tambora eruption. 100 cubic km of magma was erupted. Ten thousand people were killed immediately from the pyroclastic flows and the eventual toll due to starvation and disease may have been as high as 117,000. The eruption caused a tsunami with a wave height of 10 m.

Hopefully it calms back down.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I am sure puterman will disagree with me here

But I am still thinking the earth is warming up and the activity is on the rise..
Jus sayin

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Breaking...

Popocatepetl volcano spews blasts of ash into sky south of Mexico City

The Popocatepetl (po-po-ka-TEH-peh-tel) volcano south of Mexico City is shooting blasts of ash from its crater.

Mexico’s national disaster prevention agency says the volcano has spewed ash more than a half mile (a kilometer) into the sky four times Tuesday. It says there is a possibility ash could fall onto Mexico City overnight.

Damn... Mexico is having fun yet again.

Lucky bastards.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Another member made a thread today about footage of the underwater volcano off of the coast of Oregon. It was fun to see what the underwater volcano looks like.

Live video of subsea aftermath of volcano off Oregon

Link to video

Video

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

yes.... warming up from under !.....air temps are known issues.... but soil temps not....
wonder if there is any data off it over the years.....

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Well yes you knew I would disagree!

Katla, small swarm. Not in a critical position I think. Nothing on the JF seismo of any note.

Tambora? Nothing to get excited about yet.

Popo - has been erupting since 2005 so nothing new there then.

There are statistically no more volcanoes erupting at any one time now than there normally give or take about 5 - in other words there is a wide margin but if 50 erupt one year and 70 the next that is actually normal when looked at over decades.

It helps if you look at the list of eruptions 2011 and note how many of the 48 in 2011 have been erupting for some time. You can use that list to get the number of eruptions in any year - for example 69 in 2010.

Sorry to disappoint but I am not about to start panicking yet!! When I do - run and hide!

edit on 31/8/2011 by PuterMan because: to fix a tag

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join