It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Ridiculous Things You Probably Believe About Islam

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Source

Keeping in line with the true nature of ATS, I wanted to share this article from Cracked.com. This article was very enlightening for me, as I hope it will be for you. I hope that some ATS members' opinions will be changed by this and that this article can be used to stem the tide of intolerance towards Islam on ATS.

A conservative commentator recently made headlines by claiming 10 percent of all of the world's Muslims are terrorists. An amazing claim, considering that equals 150 million terrorists and if each were to pull off an attack killing just 40 people, they could exterminate all non-Muslim life on earth. Either they're not all that dedicated to terrorism, or the claim is utter insanity.

#5 If You're a Muslim Woman, You Have to Wear the Veil

So for instance, in France they have about 3 million Muslim women. How many do you think wear the veil? Because they did a study on it. When French police decided to figure out how many burqas and/or niqabs were being worn in their country, they found the number to be ... 367.

#4. Our Founding Fathers Would Neve Have Tolerated This Muslim Nonsense!

John Adams hailed the Islamic prophet Muhammad as one of the great "inquirers after truth." Benjamin Rush, who was so Christian he wanted a Bible in every school, also said he would rather see the opinions of Confucius or Mohammad "inculcated upon our youth" than see them grow deprived "of a system of religious principles." Benjamin Franklin once declared: "Even if the Mufti of Constantinople were to send a missionary to preach Mohammedanism to us, he would find a pullpit at his service." Even George #ing Washington personally welcomed Muslims to come work for him at Mount Vernon.

#3. "Muslim" Equals "Arab"

It works the other way, too. For example, if you think being Arab guarantees you being Muslim these days, well, we are sorry to disappoint. As much as 10 percent of the world's Arab population is Christian (that's more than 14 million people). That means there are 1 million more Arab Christians than, oh, we don't know ... the world's entire Jewish population...

I hope you will take the time to read this article. I wish this information had been distributed immediately after 9/11 instead of allowing a single religion to become the scapegoat for all the violence in the world.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Good to see you have a sensible side, Imperator. I don't understand why you needed to post this on RATS, though.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Heh, I've tried to explain these things to people many times but they don't want to listen.

I agree it probably doesn't need to be posted in RATS but if it wasn't it would be full of racist posts.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Yes, like the "muslim religion and pedofile's." (sic) thread in which the OP included a picture of part of a group of 150 happy little Muslim girls in white, and claimed they were child brides. It was quite funny, apart from the hateful propaganda aspect, because the strict Muslim society in which this took place would never allow brides to parade in public showing their shoulders.

The girls were playing a flower-girl type role, and the new wives were hidden away in the women's section of the mosque, wearing long black robes and head-coverings. Not my idea of a reasonable lifestyle, but not paedophilia, either.

Springer and another mod got to it, removing the bogus claim and chucking it in the hoax forum, but there are idiots in in it still trying to spread the manure, and insisting Muslims are paedophiles.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Hah, I saw that thread but never clicked it because of the title.
I've seen those photos before though, a few years ago they were circulating in e-mails under the same bride premise. I did a quick google and found out they weren't brides at all and it was an innocent event.

If only people could use google.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dbloch7986

To the ends of further support for your claims:

#5 If You're a Muslim Woman, You Have to Wear the Veil
So for instance, in France they have about 3 million Muslim women. How many do you think wear the veil? Because they did a study on it. When French police decided to figure out how many burqas and/or niqabs were being worn in their country, they found the number to be ... 367.

Please take the time to reach at least 2 minutes into
This is mainstream music by a popular muslim women.
Not much veiling going on here....

#3. "Muslim" Equals "Arab"
It works the other way, too. For example, if you think being Arab guarantees you being Muslim these days, well, we are sorry to disappoint. As much as 10 percent of the world's Arab population is Christian (that's more than 14 million people). That means there are 1 million more Arab Christians than, oh, we don't know ... the world's entire Jewish population...

So true...I am married to a Greek Orthodox Arab, we live in the US, and many automatically conclude we are Muslim.

In addition, there are a high percentage of Muslims living in the Far East.

Peace.

edit on 21-12-2010 by sonjah1 because: you tubes

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

1 - It's a religion based on peace, love of fellow man and equallity for women.
2 - They hav'nt and dont want to intergrate themselves in which ever country they emigrate to. The country they
emigrate to has to bend over backwards not to hurt their religious feeling's.
3 - Islam openly accepts and treat's as equal's - Gay's, women in make up, women who can read and write, and
women who wear trouser's.
4 - The sharia is an excellent law system based on fairness and "cure rather than punish".
The "cures" in sharia include lapidation, flogging, "an eye for an eye" sentancing, hanging and decapitation
of limb's for theft,
5 - Islam want's to be your friend. Does'nt want to convert you by force. Doesnt want you to feel the immigrant
in your country and does'nt want every country in Europe to roll over and play dead so as not to hurt their
Feelings. Hurting their feeling's includes yodelling,speaking about pigs, speaking your mind an saying NO to
them in any way, shape or form.

Are they so ridiculous

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

Excuse me, but you are bringing in points that we may agree/disagree with, and it seems like a rant to me.

Could you please stick to the topic at hand?

What say you about the OP's point, the 5 ridiculous things you probably believe about Islam?
edit on 21-12-2010 by sonjah1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

edit on 21-12-2010 by sonjah1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Deserves a BUMP> topic warrants some of y'alls attention.!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Why do you call me Imperator?

I posted it in RATS because the people here are much more sensible and I enjoy conversing with them rather than the general population of ATS. I find that most of the people that reply actually have something to say.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

That's exactly why I posted this in RATS. RATS is somewhere I can actually find a place to have sane discussion rather than run into illerate people who don't bother to read any further than the title.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Thanks for that. I apprecaite your contribution.

A lot of people have automatic hate for Muslims.

What the world really needs to do is just set aside all differences and just live their lives without expecting everyone to be like them.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

2nd

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

I would have posted this in general ATS but I find it's hard to get people to actually pay attention to what's being said there.

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I understand why you put it in RATS, to a degree.

However, something *simple* like this might grab further attention among the "masses"

edit on 25-12-2010 by sonjah1 because: spelingclfk

posted on Jan, 6 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Thanks for the info, but I don't think most informed readers really believed any of that stuff anyhow? Maybe some of the country folks that believe everything on the magical box in their living rooms believed it, but surely most discerning readers do not believe it.

As for the burqas, I do not believe the 367 number. There are at least 50 here on the campus of FSU. Surely the entire Nation of France has more than 367?

As for the 10% of all Muslims are terrorists, but I wonder what percentage of all terrorists are Muslim? I already posted in another thread that over 90% of all Aircraft hijackings were Muslim. I will look for the post, or the source to post it here again.

Of course the vast majority of Muslims are great people, and their religion is important, and it is true that our founding fathers were "Deists" and not necessarily Christians, and they would have been accepting of the Muslim religion and culture. As a matter of fact, at the founding of this country, the Christian Religion was more similar to Muslim than it was to modern Christianity!

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

That 367 number is talking about the burqa or similar, not the hijab (or similar). You have 50 burqa/niqab wearers on your campus? You are in some French university? I thought the FSU was a teacher's union?

Also, it is the number that the French police found, not the actual number. I can't find the article that talks about it, but if I recall correctly, it was closer to 1000 people, which is still less than 0.02% of the entire french muslim population.

As for the whole "All muslims are not terrorists, but all terrorists are muslims" thing, you might want to check out this link I got from another member here on ATS:
All Terrorists are Muslims…Except the 94% that Aren’t

Or here if you want the raw(er) data.
edit on 7-1-2011 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Muslim women who wear a burka or a hijab BELIEVE it is their Islamic law to do so. You even hear western convert women say this with a hijab on. BUT, no where in the Quran, or even the Hadith(which seems to followed more than the Quran), is there a command for women to wear a Burka or a Hijab. I find it's the Muslims themselves that have no idea what they are even doing. Yet the Hadith does command men to wear a beard, so all these non-bearded men who call themselves Muslims are disobeying the Prophet. It makes no sense. The only Islam that makes any sense to me is the Quran Only branch that rejects Sharia, Hadith, Sunnah, and says Quran is all you need, because it says so itself, and Muhammed's ONLY job was to reveal the Quran, and anything else is just his opinion, and even the Shahada has been ruined by inserting Muhammed's name into it, thus partnering God with a man. Yet, most all Muslims believe in the Hadithic Islam, which is contrary to Quranic Islam.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

I don't think all terrorists are Muslims (although my post did come out that way). Truth be told, I do not believe in the term "terrorist" at all. I know the IRA were considered terrorists for a long time. I know there are Phillipinian and Somalian and Columbian and other criminal groups that are considered terrorists. I think people are either criminals or warriors. Either they are doing something for their own gain (criminal) or they are doing it for a political change (warrior).

I mentioned the hijackings, because a very high percentage of hijackings are committed by Muslim extremists.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join