It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost of little girl seen by whole neighborhood

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Almost looks like a hologram. There's something fishy about being able to see a transparent ghost with such a bright light overhead. Speaking of overhead....looks almost like an overhead projector being beamed and guided along the wall, the ghost just walks kinda choppy as if somone was directing the footage by hand. A real walking ....anything.....would walk with fluid movements. I don't know, no one got close enough.Looks like the wall was more of a screen to me.
edit on 20-12-2010 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiteraryOneTwo

I watched the video at youtube and am convinced that when several cell phone and other cameras captured the same scene that it does have validity. I did think it preposterous that people became frightened and scared of this phenomena. After all a ghost is only a mist and can do nobody any real harm. This is why governments, authority figures, etc.always decide to keep things secret because of this kind of reaction.

The comments at youtube were sympathetic towards the child's needing prayers and guidance. It is sad to think that she is not at peace but reappearing in some fashion to connect somehow to current life. Maybe someone should try to identify what child this could be. Since I heard so much screeching of motor vehicles, I wondered if she had been a victim of hit and run...

I didnt find the reaction too animated. It's not something you see everyday, if it were real, that is. There was not riot or anything out of line that I could see.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
November was all about ufo's, Now December is ghost month!

What will January be about I wonder?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Seems a little fishy to me. I've seen a compelling ghost video or two, but this doesn't do it for me. The "spirit" moves exactly in sync with that lens flare near the lamp, that alone should cause major skepticism. I'm wiling to postulate someone could have been dangling a pane of foggy glass near that wall to cause a transparent reflection? Notice how the image seems to jump or flip at times, and it isn't fluid or consistent. I think general consensus is that spirits don't act like that, especially if you're of the belief that most are residual hauntings. And those still images don't look anything like what was captured, nor do they appear to be from the same location (admittedly, it's darker in the video so that is a guess). My 2 cents.
edit on 20-12-2010 by duke396 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I got the vibe that she was raped and murdered near that area.
I am sketpic on ghost encounters, i see ghosts but just because i see them doesnt them i believe in them.

It is interesting though,could be a projection system or maybe a hologram of some sort?
I mean logically think, how is someone suppose to come through the 4th dieminion (temporal) and into our physical universe.

Plus, the "spirit" or "soul" doesn't exist, it is merely a part of your brain that is telling you, you have a soul. Your conscieness is in your brain, when you die your brain rots, you cease to exist (which wouldnt be that bad really)

So tell me how do you execpt someone to believe in this, when science says otherwise? This seems like something a neighbourhood did to get media attenion.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I know exactly what it is...a lens flare from the street light. Note that the ghost-like light flare only moves with the camera shift toward and away from the light source. I produced videos for cable TV, and I've had this exact light effect when shooting toward light sources at night. The noise could be interference from any nearby cell tower signal or power sources on the audio receiver. Again, not uncommon.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Nice find OP, but I have to agree with some of the other posters here and say that I think it's a projection of some sort. The still photos look nothing like the video. I do believe in ghosts, however, and this very well may be one, but something doesn't quite feel right. I don't know... I was positive it was a projection while it was on the wall, but when it moved out into the open, I wasn't really sure what to think and still don't. I have seen ghosts with my own eyes, so I know they exist, but as others have pointed out, I don't think everything adds up in this video. The still pics are different than the video and the resolution is a little too good for a cell phone, especially one from three years ago. Usually, this many factors being "off," for lack of a better word, usually = hoax.

My Spanish is too rusty to know what they are saying, and I can't get the closed caption in English to work, but they certainly do seem to be excited and probably believe what they are seeing is real, but I think somebody got one up on them. Of course, I've been wrong before!

You still get a nice, purty star!
This one made me think!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
hummm, i was gunna call B.S. becuse they just showed her walking infront of a long white screen like wall wich would have been perfect for a projection. but then at the end of the video it showed her walk past the wall and she was still there........ kinda freeky

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Anthony1138

So tell me how do you execpt someone to believe in this, when science says otherwise?

Science has been wrong before. And I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that science hasn't proven that the soul doesn't exist. I don't think science has "proven" ANYTHING about souls.

I say this nicely and respectfully though. Just my two cents.
If I'm wrong, please show me the evidence that shows science has proven we don't have souls. If it's true, it would be an interesting read and something I'm definitely interested in. I think there is a lot that can't just be explained away by science. Just because scientist can't prove RIGHT NOW that ghosts/souls/spirits don't exist, doesn't mean that they wont be able to a few years from now. We're always advancing. The "wise ones" used to think the Earth was flat.
We learn stuff everyday. I think true scientists shouldn't just dismiss anything without rock solid proof.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
C'mon people, this has been discused several times before
It has already proven to be fake as digby888 has already posted in the FIRST page of this thread
I can't believe that it has already reached 54 flags and appears in the cover of ATS when there are sooo many other important threads to discuss

BTW, is this your ghost girl? The one in the middle, compare it to the "ghost", look at the hair falling over her shoulder

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
For me, it's too great a coincidence that in every video of the supposed ghost, there is also a large, blurry light source just above it with roughly the same shape (large and diffuse at the bottom, and small and concentrated at the top.) This could potentially be the reflection of that light source appearing to move as the camera operator does, like a reflection of sunlight on the street appearing to move alongside you as you drive. The movement seems similar to that phenomenon to me. It's just too great a coincidence for me to ignore, personally.

That doesn't mean that's what it is, or that I'm asserting that this is not a genuine paranormal phenomenon. I just have to remain skeptical in the face of that.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Wow, threads like these get this many flags while serious and analytical threads get almost no attention?

I guess the ATS community is also representative of the American population.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Yes, it does look like the photo of the girl - just look at the leaning. Aside from looking identical (hair falling over the right shoulder), she is leaning to one side on the photo.. and the "ghost" is leaning at the exact same angle. Seems hoax-ish to me.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Why do ghosts wear clothes again?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by snoggered
Why do ghosts wear clothes again?

To be polite. They couldn't be naked, they would get charged for indecent exposure.

Pred...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
If there are no such things as ghosts and spirits, I must have been born insane; I've had several experiences with hauntings ever since I was a little kid, now I'm close to 30 years old... On another note, it's sad to me how people are so quick to exploit this kind of thing anyway they can to make a quick buck - movies, tv shows, books... and if the people doing shows like the newer "Psychic Kids" one are merely exploiting ghost stories AND their own children, society has a lot more problems with it than I'd like to admit.

You know...
if someone out there, such as myself, experiences the unexplainable not only by themselves, but with other people at the same time (like a brother and sister, or a group of friends) what are we supposed to do? Should we just keep everything to ourselves?

Why should we even bother trying to discuss things, when we already know what the outcome will be?

That's my two cents.
edit on 21-12-2010 by Time2Think because: added info

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
Wow, threads like these get this many flags while serious and analytical threads get almost no attention?

I guess the ATS community is also representative of the American population.

Better for people to be curious of an anomaly, wether it be a lens flare or whatever, than to be rude, stand off-ish and try and put others down.

I would rather have a community of nice people being curious then have a community of rude people being negative.

Look in the mirror.

Pred...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Time2Think

I never said that I know there is no such thing as them, I just find it hard to believe in them.

I think people see things and have things happen to them, I'm just not sure it is what we perceive as ghosts.

Maybe it's an energy memory, or the consciousness of the Earth shining through, I just do not think of it as a "soul" trapped in between the afterlife.

It's kind of a foggy subject.

Pred...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Reminds me of a magic trick called Ghost Vision

Starts at 2:15

Very easy illusion
edit on 21-12-2010 by Driv3Thru because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-12-2010 by Driv3Thru because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I think this video is pretty amazing. I do not see why an entire neighborhood would lie about seeing a ghost. The phone that the image was one is also not the kind that can simply produce a ghostly image, like the iphone. I personally believe in ghosts and that this girl was trying to tell them something.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join