It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Share Your Favorite Christmas Song!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I LOVE Christmas Carols!

O Holy Night is one of my favorites. I've heard a lot of different versions. For me, nobody does it better than Mahalia

Looking for some good Christmas streaming? Look no further:

www.web-radio.fm...

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I'm not a big fan anymore. Maybe due to them starting to be played as early as Halloween nowadays. But having said that, the one you posted above is quite nice.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Maybe not what you are looking for, but I just love this,....

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
"Christmas Wrapping" by the Waitresses is my absolute #1

RIP Patty Donahue

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthFreedomNow

LOL, I know what you mean. My husband is very good-natured to put up with all the music. I usually wait until Thanksgiving to go full-bore, tho. Thanks for stopping

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mandella1099

Thanks for that. I had never heard of that song, or of the Waitresses, or of Patty Donahue. This is a nice tribute:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Here's me doin' one of my faves: Pretty Paper, by my favorite singer/songwriter Willie Nelson. Sorry you have to stare at my tree. I had some dental work done and didn't wanna be seen that day.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

m.youtube.com...#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=JTzMBR28OcQ
edit on 12/20/10 by staciebee because: trying to fix link

Don't know why I can't link it. If you are truly interested, look up Stacie Brumley covers Pretty Paper.

So sorry I am an amatuer poster on a 3G phone here...
edit on 12/20/10 by staciebee because: see above.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

That was EXACTLY what I was looking for .. a Christmas tune you love! Great one

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by staciebee

Got it (I think!) - thanks so much for sharing that - I love Willie! Wow, you did a great job on the song - Boy, do I wish I could sing

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by GirlGenius

Check out the lyrics when you get a chance - in the end, love wins, and that, to me, is what Christmas is about.

The 80s were a great time to be young, and I am glad that you got to hear this song for the first time - Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mandella1099

I did! I could hardly hear them in the vid - great song

I just never heard that one - odd - that was my time, too. In fact I was born two weeks before Patty! I was lucky, though - I quit smoking when I was 30, after my father was diagnosed with lung cancer. Smoking took both of my parents.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

O Holy Night is also my favourite GirlGenius,we only disagree on the version,I also love Chrismas carols.

Love her or love to hate her,she has some serious pipes which builds mostly from 3.30 onward crank up the volume to better hear the notes she hits.

If I find some different carols etc I`ll post them here.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Thanks GG, for your compliment and for posting it properly

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

That is a great rendition, particularly the latter part. I enjoy so many versions of this classic. I think I give Mahalia the nod, in part, because she was a particular favorite of my mom, who is now deceased. I remember mom raving about her when I was a kid. I just kind of nodded supportively (yeah, Mom, great song), much more interested in the Beatles, lol. It took me a good while to appreciate the timelessness and beauty of this wonderful song

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Burl Ives - Holly Jolly Christmas

Chuck Berry - Run Rudolph Run

Bob Seger - Little Drummer Boy

edit on 20-12-2010 by The_Truth_Seeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I agree with "Oh Holy Night",but I prefer this version.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Truth_Seeker

Thanks for those, Truth Seeker - they were awesome! Merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

Yes, that is definitely one of the very best versions. Possibly the most popular version. It seems to be the one I hear most on the radio! Thanks for stopping and have a Joyous Christmas and Blessed 2011

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Oh! sorry to hear about your Mom GirlGenius.

Yesterday after posting here I searched Ytube for a good redition of Silent Night,I listened to many,none really grabbed me as an ultimate,yet I`m so glad I did search,my Mrs and myself got to listen to some great talent anyway.

Bare in mind I`m still searching for a vid of Silent Night that I would consider above all others (for that want of a better word/phrase) I`m going to post these as they are well worth listening to.

To this vid,when these guys start singing in the beginning individually they are pretty average,yet when they start harmonising with each other,they take it to a different plane,then toward the end they try doing to much with the song and wreck their sound and the song imo.

This is the best I`ve found,from David Archuleta who I hadn`t heard of before and now know he was an Idol winner.Great voice I like it.

Now I`d just like to go back and post one more of Oh Holy Night.

This needs to be listened to,this guy Nick Pitera has one of the best falsetto voices Ive ever heard,I`m torn between being really weired out and very impressed all rolled into one.

edit on 21-12-2010 by gps777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Thank you, gps777 for sharing those vids. I am not sure about the last one but I think you hit the nail on the head - very weird!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join