It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Anyone Explain To Me What This Orange Orb Was?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The great mystery, the simple fact that nobody in the public eye knows or is allowed to share.

I often imagine what disclosure could be like, but in all honesty it may just never happen the way we are capable of imagining it to.

The most convincing aspects of the paranormal seem to keep themselves willingly and expertly at a distance, constantly aware at all times of observation, but then again I suppose thats what classifies them as paranormal, otherwise they would just be a normal part of life.

Perhaps that is the disclosure, all facets of paranormal activity will be incorporated into normal life.

Is this good or bad?

We've always survived, millions of years have tested the species and we will continue to develop for millions more. With or without the interaction with these beings.

Hell, we can't even follow a salmon into the ocean and figure out what a fish does, let alone begin to understand the concept of a plasma life form living in the 5th dimension.

-G

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

Christina,

Most interesting report.

Taking your points one by one.

1. Having lived in places far from light pollution, like East Africa, I can only point out that the brilliance of the stars and Milky Way in places like northern Scotland can astonish visitors from more urban areas. And then you found out about the meteor shower.

pass on 2. and 3.

4. Yes. Astrophysicist Massimo Teodorani and other scientists have photographed similar phenomena, orbs of light assuming or incorporating geometrical shapes, at the Hessdalen observatory in Norway.

www.narcap.org...

These phenomena are an extraordinary challenge to science and your account is a valuable contribution.

I do know the geology of this beautiful part of Scotland a bit, and it might be worth following up the possibility that stored tectonic strain, as suggested by Michael Persinger and John Derr, provided the energy source for the phenomenon you witnessed.

Hope this helps.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I thought you guys may be interested in this - It's excerpts from 'On The Origin Of The World' from the Nag Hammadi library.

Nag Hammadi Library - 'On The Origin Of The World'

And immediately, behold! Light came out of the eighth heaven above and passed through all of the heavens of the earth. When the prime parent saw that the light was beautiful as it radiated, he was amazed. And he was greatly ashamed. As that light appeared, a human likeness appeared within it, very wonderful. And no one saw it except for the prime parent and Pronoia, who was with him. Yet its light appeared to all the forces of the heavens. Because of this they were all troubled by it.

"It is I who am god. No other one exists apart from me." For he had been afraid they might know that another had been in existence before him, and might condemn him. But he, being devoid of understanding, scoffed at the condemnation and acted recklessly. He said, "If anything has existed before me, let it appear, so that we may see its light."

And immediately, behold! Light came out of the eighth heaven above and passed through all of the heavens of the earth. When the prime parent saw that the light was beautiful as it radiated, he was amazed. And he was greatly ashamed. As that light appeared, a human likeness appeared within it, very wonderful. And no one saw it except for the prime parent and Pronoia, who was with him. Yet its light appeared to all the forces of the heavens. Because of this they were all troubled by it.

And before Adam of Light had withdrawn in the chaos, the authorities saw him and laughed at the prime parent because he had lied when he said, "It is I who am God. No one exists before me." When they came to him, they said, "Is this not the god who ruined our work?" He answered and said, "Yes. If you do not want him to be able to ruin our work, come let us create a man out of earth, according to the image of our body and according to the likeness of this being, to serve us; so that when he sees his likeness, he might become enamored of it. No longer will he ruin our work; rather,we shall make those who are born out of the light our servants for all the duration of this eternal realm." Now all of this came to pass according to the forethought of Pistis, in order that man should appear after his likeness, and should condemn them because of their modelled form. And their modelled form became an enclosure of the light.

Now the production of the instructor came about as follows. When Sophia let fall a droplet of light, it flowed onto the water, and immediately a human being appeared, being androgynous. That droplet she molded first as a female body. Afterwards, using the body she molded it in the likeness of the mother, which had appeared. And he finished it in twelve months. An androgynous human being was produced, whom the Greeks call Hermaphrodites; and whose mother the Hebrews call Eve of Life (Zoe), namely, the female instructor of life. Her offspring is the creature that is lord. Afterwards, the authorities called it "Beast", so that it might lead astray their modelled creatures. The interpretation of "the beast" is "the instructor". For it was found to be the wisest of all beings.

I think they're great.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I have been reading posts for some time now on ATS and finally tonight, after reading your thread was brave enough to open an account in order to reply.
I too have seen brilliant orange orbs and have been searching for information about them ever since. I still have no answers but will agree wholeheartedly that they are definitely not Chinese lanterns which seems to be the favourite explanation. The ones I have witnessed are very definitely different from said lanterns and the eerie silence some have reported was present.
The stretch of road you were travelling on is one I myself have travelled often and I can concur that the chances of anyone releasing a lantern in the vicinity is negligible. The sky up there is phenomenal and so clear that you feel as though you could reach up and rearrange the stars with your finger tips. It really does offer the sense of being but a small part of a much, much greater 'whole'.
As yet, I have no idea what these orbs are despite my best efforts to rationalise them. I have to say that the times I have seen them I have felt not fear but a sense of wonder. I would dearly love to find an explanation but somehow, I fear I never will.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by lovesfood

I have been reading posts for some time now on ATS and finally tonight, after reading your thread was brave enough to open an account in order to reply.

I am so pleased that you have.

I too have seen brilliant orange orbs and have been searching for information about them ever since. I still have no answers but will agree wholeheartedly that they are definitely not Chinese lanterns which seems to be the favourite explanation. The ones I have witnessed are very definitely different from said lanterns and the eerie silence some have reported was present.

Can you tell us roughly where/when? I don't think what I saw was a chinese lantern. It would mean that it must have been a helluva lot closer than it was....and the 'texture' of the light was wrong. I can certainly see why people may think that's what I've seen. I only have the memory no photo....and when I see it I'll know it.

The stretch of road you were travelling on is one I myself have travelled often and I can concur that the chances of anyone releasing a lantern in the vicinity is negligible.

: ) I posted a link to the map and I'm pretty certain my initial description was correct and that I could pinpoint the spot on the map where we stopped. We came off the A82 at Invergarry - passed Loch Garry heading to the Kyles of Lochalsh, and within 1-2miles from where the road bends away from the Loch you can even see the passing place that I was parked in. It was coming from the direction we were headed. (We were about a mile or so past Loch Garry, with hills to the left side of me, and trees to the right. I love the net )

I even phoned the hotel at Invergarry today (for Gawd's sake) and asked them if they'd ever used lanterns to entertain their guests. The wee wummin said 'it wasn't their thing.'

Googlemaps

The sky up there is phenomenal and so clear that you feel as though you could reach up and rearrange the stars with your finger tips. It really does offer the sense of being but a small part of a much, much greater 'whole'.[/qoute]

It is indeed...and posting this thread gave me the answer to the super phenomenal sky I saw that night ‘The Lyrid' meteor shower which happens every year. So I'll have to go back and see it again. : )

As yet, I have no idea what these orbs are despite my best efforts to rationalise them. I have to say that the times I have seen them I have felt not fear but a sense of wonder. I would dearly love to find an explanation but somehow, I fear I never will.

I wasn't fearful...I was agog. Do you want to compare notes?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Hi again,
I'm new to all this so please forgive me for not quoting extracts from you post.. I'll get the hang of it eventually!
The first time I saw an orange orb was sometime around 1997 in East Central Scotland. It was in a wooded area of all places and hovered around 15 ft above my car. It was directly in front of me aprox 20ft away. It appeared as if from no place and sat in the air for a good thirty seconds or so before shooting off at some pace through trees and disappearing. The initial area it appeared was in a clearing. It was brilliant and bright in its' intensity. It was orange in its centre with what I can only describe as a kind of 'halo' of pulsating light around it. My car window was open an the air was as still as could be, there was no sound at all. I wrote it off as some kind of ball lightening phenomenon and to be honest rarely spoke of it and neither did my passenger as it seemed too weird to be true!

The most recent occurrence happened this year again in central Scotland. A brilliant orange light which was of some considerable size appeared to be coming down from the sky from a southern direction. It seemed to change shape as it lost altitude - it appeared to be changing from a sort of oval shape to an almost long flat rectangular shape through to a circle and back to oval again, the brilliance of its light did not dissipate and again, the street around us seemed to be strangely quiet all of a sudden. Eventually it seemed to stay constant at a good height then moved to the left (west) where it remained for some time before darting off in an easterly direction and as suddenly as it appeared it was gone. It was definitely not in my opinion or my neighbours who also witnessed it, a Chinese Lantern. It was a moment of awe as we all wondered what we had just borne witness to. It also aroused in me the memory of my strange event in 97 as the atmosphere felt exactly the same.

edit on 20-12-2010 by lovesfood because: Typo's

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lovesfood

I know exactly what you're talking about, as I too just joined here in hopes to shed light on this topic. These things are viewable from my house every single clear night so far. I see many people online say that they catch a glimpse of these lights and ask what it was...they are definitely not anything explainable by what we know. I cant stress that enough. I've been watching them for quite some time now, I'm just working on getting some good video together to post. They travel all different speeds and all different directions. You can even clearly see them kind of pulsing different neon colors. Words don't describe how other worldly these things seem, and they are incredibly real. You should all double check the skies at night for some twinkling lights. If you don't know to look for it, it will seem just like an ordinary star, but if you look you'll realize it is slowly bouncing around. You'd probably even think that your eyes are playing tricks on you, but they are not. I believe them to be some sort of HUGE craft due to the fact they are so high up in the sky and still appear about the size of the stars. In binoculars you can really see just how much they are moving. On the ground the movement seems slight, but sometimes in binoculars you can't even keep them in the frame. I swear I can make out other lights on them, but its too high to tell.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join