It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Friend Conjured Up Something Bad. Please Help.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Im just looking for any advice on this. Recently a friend of mine was messing with a ouija board, then a few days later he performed a seance. Stupidly. He has no experience with this stuff and now he's seeing and hearing things in his house. He feels like something has taken over his mind and he can't think straight. And has been having strange, frightening dreams. There's more but im not sure of it all. I know he's really messed up with this one and let in who knows what. It's not good and I'd would really appreciate any help with this situation. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
he should probably either try to fend it off himself, or else go to a hands on healer as soon as possible. If not, he's gonna have to be real strong and try to banish it away through his personal will. Just tell him theres nothing to be afraid of, he is very,very much powerful than it is.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Are you sure hes serious and this isnt just an attention thing/joke/etc?

If you feel pretty confident that he is telling the truth, then..

If hes christian, take him to a church, explain to the minister/priest/whoever that he has been "dabbling" and feels like there is something in him. They should be able to "cast out" or "excorcise" or do whatever it is that they choose to do.. That should help.

If hes not christian, please post his religion and ill try to find stuff geared towards it.

As for the house, I suggest having a priest bless it (just ask one, they do it for free). Unless he isnt christian, in which case, ill get back to you when you post his religion

Good luck though, regardless.

[edit on 5-7-2004 by shidge.]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
: He did not conjured anything is all in his mind, perhaps so playful spirits trying to teach him a lesson, he needs to figured out what he was looking for and to visualize it, it is going to be ok. Stop the paranoia and stop telling him that evil is in his house that is going to cause more damage to his mind, he needs to relax and learn to mediate.

In all my life having experience with the other side I has learn that evil is in our mind spirits are as evil as you want them to be.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
i dont think he believes in any religion really. his parents are preachers but im pretty sure they're mostly the reason he's turned off to religion. lets just say they aren't the nicest most loving people ever. but thank you for your advice nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Well, if his parents are preachers, I think the anwser is pretty clear..

Just tell them that he has been "seeing things" and "felt weird". No need to explain the whole Seance and Quija board thing.. Just have him ask them to pray for him/the house.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I'd recommend just becoming spiritual or going to a hands-on-healer. I dont think they adhere to any sort of institutionalized religion, they are just spiritual for the sake of trying to connect with the Source of all things.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
alright ill pass the information on. thanks.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I'm going to side with Jamuhn here - some kind of spiritual journey needs to take place, allbeit that's not something that you can call and make reservations for...

Apart from that, how do his parents treat this? Are they ignoring his problem and suggesting that it must have been something in the milk? You mentioned they aren't very nice, so I doubt they're approaching this with any care or concern...

Do you have any family friends who are psychologists? This could be a clear case for third party early intervention.

It's good that you posted this problem tho, as it suggests you are looking for answers and that you care about your friend - if things get worse, make sure you know who you can go to for help

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
If his parents are religious then that will help, prayer with a group will take away some of the problem and will give him a sense of tranquility as a matter of fact all he has to do is to open his door and tell the spirits to take a hike that they are no welcome, that is what I do when I have a playful visitor that starts to annoy me, but then I have been dealing with this things since childhood.

I had a quija when I was a child and it still at home did not get me any trouble.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
yea i dont think he's very strong spiritually so im sure that makes him more susceptible to whatever wants to mess with him. and what ive gotten from it is when he tells people about it they say he's crazy or just dont believe him. im not completely sure but his parents might send him somewhere if he really told them about all of it. at least i have a feeling they may do something like that. i dont really think that would help anything. i told him to ask god for help with it, but i think he's apprehensive because of how he was raised. he probably associates god with church and his parents. which in this case isn't good.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Your friend is not crazy this thinks are very real, I hope he does ok, you should not play with things that you are not ready to face it took me many years to finaly face my fears and now I understand were everything comes, and is things out there that can manipulate with your mind to the point to make you crazy specially if you afraid.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
tell him to pray to jesus in ernest. it can't hurt.
it's easy. just tell him to say, 'i accept jesus as my saviour'.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Are you SURE it's not just his mind messing with him? Like he somehow made himself paranoid and he's starting to think about these "evil" things and they somehow manifested themselves in his mind. Because if this did happen then suggesting a blessing or something might make this condition worse.

If you're positive it's not in his mind, seek some kind of spiritual help immediately. If he's not that religious and did this in the first place he probably cannot fend it off by himself.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The poet-
holy crap- love the user name. for being such a poet, you better start posting in short stories and collaborative fiction or i just might have to say............chick-a-da china, da chinese chiken.

but as far as your friend, nope. no, i just cant go with this one. have you searched his drawers for tabs? ha! i know that was mean, but the opportunity was too perfect, you know i couldnt pass that up. you know it!

but as far as oiuji boards go, i dont get into them. if a spirit wanted to screw with us that bad, theyd come through toilets and shower faucets, not pieces of cardboard with letters on them

EDIT-
ok, my post was rude, im sorry i wasnt as considerate. if this really freaks you out, find a friend that knows how these things work, or if you dont have any (i know this sounds cheesy) but go to the library! the books you need arent open for the public though, you have to ask for them. i know this from personal experience, we had to ask them to unlock a case with the books we needed inside. try it, litrature always holds help for me, and you being the poet i never was, it would probably help you too

[edit on 7-5-04 by Scat]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I do believe that the boards are bad medicine, but try to be rational about things first. You say your friend has a bad relationship with his parents, and doesn't feel loved by them. The fact that you talk about his parents tells me that you are of a younger age, and this may be a problem with your friends mental outlook rather than a problem from the board. You don't have to answer, but if your friend seems at all depressed or has talked a lot about his family situation, I would follow that road first. He may just be looking for a way to express his feelings with out seeming too emotional. If he has been drinking or doing any drugs this would also be a sign that he needs some help. Depression can take many forms, and as his friend you should do whatever it takes to help him. If you can't go to his parents, then go to yours and have them help you. The most important thing is that your friend learn to deal with what ever problems he may be having. Too often we don't see the signs of a problem until it is too late. Just food for thought, hope all goes well.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
dont be sorry. although what im talking about is serious. im not going to be offended by your attempts at humor.
and im not a poet as the name would make you assume. it's the title of a song. i just like it. i wish i was a poet but im challenged in that area. thanks for everyone's advice though. i appreciate it.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Uhhh... don't know where to start... I could write paragraphs on this, lol.

First, having the house basically "Excorcised" would be ok, but I doubt it will have any affect if that isn't his alignment. If he has a thing against religions, it won't work... excorcism works on a person the same way that a ritual does. It helps give them the inner strength to fight off the 'demon'. The chanting and incense help out the person being excorcised to fall into a trance where the priest (or whoever) can get your mind and beliefs to follow his guide rather than the 'demon'. If he doesn't or hasn't really followed that alignment, the results could be less than wanted.

The comments about becoming spiritual and stuff is alot closer. Obviously if he was playing with a Ouiji board and had something like this happen, he has some kind of spiritual alignment that is fairly strong. Even Humanists have a strong spiritual alignment (albeit with themselves... we believe in ourselves as our own destiny makers and 'god' and don't rely upon 'god' to answer our prayers... although very few humanists I know will hesitate to call upon an entity once in awhile for some assistance in urgent matters
).

My advice is to sit down with him and talk (outside the house... in a comfortable place), and try to recreate what was going through his mind at the time. You will find that there was a single point that he felt when this entity passed across the realms. This point should be focused on, and only he will know how to control it. Basically the entity is only doing what he asks (as far as the entity can tell, or is concerned). If he can become comfortable with the idea that he has a new friend, it won't hurt. If he has fear, then that entity will follow his fears as wishes and try to 'help'. It's kind of complicated, but he should understand that this should be considered a friend. Good luck, and provide alot of support! He needs to lose his fears... think of it like a dog. A dog can smell fear and will act aggressivly towards that fear, but if you don't show the dog fear it will either walk away or become friendly with you. Hopefully you can understand this and help your friend understand this. Good luck!

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by popeye0314
I do believe that the boards are bad medicine, but try to be rational about things first. You say your friend has a bad relationship with his parents, and doesn't feel loved by them. The fact that you talk about his parents tells me that you are of a younger age, and this may be a problem with your friends mental outlook rather than a problem from the board. You don't have to answer, but if your friend seems at all depressed or has talked a lot about his family situation, I would follow that road first. He may just be looking for a way to express his feelings with out seeming too emotional. If he has been drinking or doing any drugs this would also be a sign that he needs some help. Depression can take many forms, and as his friend you should do whatever it takes to help him. If you can't go to his parents, then go to yours and have them help you. The most important thing is that your friend learn to deal with what ever problems he may be having. Too often we don't see the signs of a problem until it is too late. Just food for thought, hope all goes well.

well im 18 and he's 16. but he doesn't talk about his family much. ive just been around to see how they are. and it's not just the board that caused the problems. he did a seance which he definitely wasn't prepared for. he's weak spiritually and i imagine things out there would prey on that. but i dont think it's just depression. ive talked to him a few times since he did all this and he really seems troubled by it. i really doubt he would make it up. whats the point in that? he didn't really even want to tell me about it because he thought i wouldn't believe him. but ive had some strange experiences so im not so quick to dismiss things like that. but i can see where you're coming from. so thank you for caring enough to write something about it.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I have a question-

do you think hes strong enough, spiritually, to get through this on his own? Maybe things are preying on him not because he is easy to get to, but to make him stronger.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join