It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friend / Rival label?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Just curious about something.

I seem to recall under ATS v1 that if you Friended or Foed another member, then refreshed, that you would see that new label on that members existing posts.

Since that no longer seems to be the case, does the label not activate until that member adds their next post?

That is what I seem to be experiencing. No biggie, just wondering.

Thanks and nice job on v2. I'm back and "lovin' it."

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Nah... I think it's because that feature has been disabled temporarily. There used to be a green or red line above the avatar, but with the 2010 updates the green line turned into a green-tinge in the post box. That feature is not activated at present, so for now - you won't see a distinction between friends/foes and other.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Good to see you back posting KK

LadySkadi is right; the new colours for friends and rivals should be here soon.

The new ATS wiped the original Foe list and I'm now down to an embarrassing 3 rivals and one of them is banned.

That list hit a respectable 14 earlier in the year, but some withdrew their objections and it went down to 9 or 10. It's a sorry indictment on my posting style that so few members get militant enough to put me on their rival/foe list.

Just yesterday I told an old Asian immigrant lesbian American Republican war veteran at a UFO conference that 9/11 was a good thing and that everyone who posts on ATS is attracted to livestock. Did I ever tell you how much I admire the CIA? I'm applying for citizenship in Mexico and pray to Allah whilst kneeling on books about global warming.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
...everyone who posts on ATS is attracted to livestock. ...

Who told you of my attraction to wool?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Will our foes be tinted red? That'd be ace.

I quite like the green 'tinge' of friends, so i think a red foe would be great too.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
It seems like it has been a couple of weeks since they disabled the green tinge.

I would have thought that could have been resolved by now. I know who I respect here anyway, and I am pleased to say that all of the above posters fall into that category.

Happy Holidays!

Oh crap, I didn't see you there, Mr Lizard.

edit on 21-12-2010 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
It seems like it has been a couple of weeks since they disabled the green tinge.

I would have thought that could have been resolved by now. I know who I respect here anyway, and I am pleased to say that all of the above posters fall into that category.

Happy Holidays!

Oh crap, I didn't see you there, Mr Lizard.

edit on 21-12-2010 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

Ha ? Does that mean you do or you don't?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Oh, that was just a jab for fun. You all have my respect!

Happy Holidays to you and all of yours!

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by mr-lizard

Oh, that was just a jab for fun. You all have my respect!

Happy Holidays to you and all of yours!

You too sir

All the best.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
So does this mean for the time being that friends and foes can't be added? I can't seem to find a way to do it.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by PsychNurse

if you click on "member" in a person's mini-profile, you'll see "add as friend" or "make rival" among the options.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I believe you can still add them to your profile. They just aren't labeled as before in form posts.

I'm guessing since mone aren't.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Thank you. When I click on member in the mini profile the page refreshes to the top of the page I'm on in the thread. I don't see an option. Is this supposed to be a drop down menu where the downwards arrow is next to the word member?

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I apologise for the loose inaccuracy of "click on". I should not have said that.
In fact the drop-down menu appears when your cursor touches on the word "member", and you just need to scroll down to the relevant option.

edit on 30-12-2010 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Perfect... thanks!

edit on 30-12-2010 by PsychNurse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
PLEASE ATS - Please bring back the green tint for friends, and maybe a red tint for foes, that would be perfect,

top topics

join