It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They are lying and the world is dying

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

The heroes today that we hear about are the sportstars or moviestars,the real heroes are unheard of because they are in places no one wants to know about..We have become complacent and predictable,like certain farm animals.
How can i help when i dont really care anymore ,well i care but not enough to risk my status quo.Can anyone honestly say they would help without thinking about whats in it for them.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

It is not always easy to talk about this issue, especially when the topic is very broad. It will never be solved if we hack away at the lies with a chainsaw, some of the truth will go with it as well. If you have any great suggestions, please share. I clicked your thread hoping to find some, and found none. Stay strong though, keep being honest with yourself, and lend a hand in your community.... That's a start.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
The people that thionk they control the world are too stupid to realise they whilst they are killing the planet in the pursuit of profit they too will be killed when the planet dies.
They cannot take the profits with them but still want to gather as much wealth as they can.
Stupid stupid people , and they talk about trying to rid the world of the unintelligent or undesireable.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Think of it like the movie fight club. If one man went from capital to capital in every state to gather thousands for a one particular day revolution we would have this country back. Wouldn't you agree? Instead of a one man army, you would have hundreds of thousands of people standing up for the same thing. But most people want to live the (ha ha) American dream and not open their eyes to a tyrannical government.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   

I have always known that the truth will set you free, but until now I did not realize that because all world powers are lying, that is what is killing our planet.

Everybody lies, it is why peer review is such an important process in the scientific community to check and confirm the facts from the fiction. There are problems and issues in how the world is managed due to corruption, incompetence, lack of resources and many others.

The truth sets you free and saves the planet.

The truth avoids errors and wasted resources in endeavours undertaken. Performing actions based on false information will under perform compared to truly understanding the situation. Garbage In = Garbage Out. This a computing term that means if you put garbage into a processor you will get garbage out of it. Good information in get good information out. This principle works for our brains as well.

So are we going to go along with lies?

No, but some matters are very complicated and it is our responsibility to understand the situation and where the problems are before acting.

Or are we going to try and save this planet, which means all people living on this planet?

Yes, liberty and self determination are basic rights. Murder and pollution are crimes.

Are we going to risk a bit of # from others and go on anyway?

No matter what happens the world will keep spinning and life will continue, we all have a part to play in how it will unfold. This is a complex world and there are many risks. You have a great tool for understanding at your finger tips and there are going to be many ongoing challenges. Just remember, one step at a time. If a challenge does look to big, start on a smaller piece of it.
edit on 19-12-2010 by kwakakev because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
NO truely good deed goes UNPUNISHED..........Its true!
So, it would be well for the prospective do gooder to think about the act which he/she/it is about to present to the world as a" good deed."
Truth is a two edged sword, and can rebound on the speaker with uncanny accuracy.
I totally agree with the OP that truth between peoples, cities,states, and nations,will form the basis for long and fruitful relationships of an uplifting nature,as long as it is tempered with real agape love between those who share it.
When extolling the virtues of the unadulterated truth, we seldom take into ac# the fact that truth is also a heavy battleaxe, when wielded without compassion and understanding.In fact the truth invariably does hurt, someone or something, as well as enoble others.
The situation is far more complicated than blindly sticking with the lowest common denominator of the precept of living truth day to day.
Wisdom, on the other hand is in far shorter supply than truth.The truth of that matter being, with wisdom comes heartache.Few people can stand the longing and the sadness which is gained with every increment of increased wisdom.
Truth is imperative, but true wisdom is the key to wielding such a devastating weapon effectively in a positive way.And the agape love for which the world longs is the bottom line for peace, and human progress, spiritual or otherwise.................................
The main deterrent to the spread of true agape love, is the use of fear by those who would divide and conquer us.
Through this device alone,we are enslaved to the ones who hold out the remedy for such fears.
I think i understand where you OP are comming from, but i dont think you have a thorough grasp of what you are moving towards yet.(sokay for me to say hey? im thousands of miles away shrouded in anonimity.)
The point being, i do think i agree with your heartfelt sentiment.and i am unsure when how or if, the world could be moved in the direction you are looking.
peace out.......s

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

My addressing was to all, not personally. I myself? Responded to a house explosion and donated to the Animal Shelter.

We should all try a learn one new thing each day, and try to help someone, somewhere with some-thing they need.

Imagine if we ALL did that!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join