It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can we CoExIsT?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Ever since I found G-d again in my life. I have taken a new found respect for people of differ religious and non religious views. I try my best to respect others. How can we work together to work toward peace for our differences?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Snickersman

we cant islam is so new comparitivly speaking that it has to find its place we had the crusades then grew up what hav they got

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

its very simple...

kindness, humility and respect.

I do not think you are just speaking of Muslims right ?

We would not have half of these communication problems if it were not for the liberal/atheist/NWO biased media. I can remember a time when it wasn't this way.

turn off... tune out... then get in the pit and try to love someone !

edit on 12/17/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

It's easy, we recognize that everyone in the world is human. We all deal with hardships, we all deal with suffering and pain. We all experience joy, laughter, friendship, and love. We're all people. There are more similarities in our lives than differences.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

To reply to the OP, this is less of what we need. This post contains the sort of bigotry that polarizes the debate.

It's not about atheists or theists. It's not about Christian or Muslim. It's about human and human. We're all people, we should all just try to get along.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

To reply to the OP, this is less of what we need. This post contains the sort of bigotry that polarizes the debate.

It's not about atheists or theists. It's not about Christian or Muslim. It's about human and human. We're all people, we should all just try to get along.

Absolutely false, what CA stated is very accurate. The media'/TPTB divide and conquer strategic program has a great deal to do with this.

I hardly watch T.V. anymore myself.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

...he just mentioned something about 'atheist' media. The media isn't particularly kind to the majority of atheists. In fact, it hardly acknowledges us.

I think my statement is far more useful, let's just acknowledge that everyone is human, we all suffer and rejoice. We're human, let's get along.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
(snip)

DOUBLE POST, my bad. Must have been a wifi hiccup.
edit on 18/12/10 by madnessinmysoul because: DOUBLE POST.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Snickersman,

It is great to find God in our lives and it sure does change us. Some say those who have found God, Faith based they call it is a closed system. Yes I agree with that. We have found the answer that satisfies the longing and no further search is needed. The other belief systems may be open to find further and further but never find what they really need.

You have found the right path and there is admonition "walk ye in it". Well it is straight and narrow to all of the world and that "strait" gate rakes off all the excess baggage we have that isn't needed.

Congradulations my friend.

Truthiron.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

which country do you live in Madness ? If I may ask...

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Snickersman,

Forgot to add to the question, How can we coexist? Well sir we do so by being civil and making our testimony back and forth and hopefully all will grasp a deeper understanding although no ones opinion may not be changed radically.

Truthiron..

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I live in the island republic of Malta. It's a nation with a 98% Catholic majority, with the other 2% falling into various other religions. I previously lived in the USA. I have citizenship in both nations.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Perhaps "Atheist" is a poor choice of words.

I'd submit "anti-God" media.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I live in the island republic of Malta. It's a nation with a 98% Catholic majority, with the other 2% falling into various other religions. I previously lived in the USA. I have citizenship in both nations.

interesting, I do not know how the medias work there... and by Media I do not mean just the 'news' Media is any forum of entertainment or daily news or news papers and even Magazines related to anything we are even talking about here, it's all 'media'

Here in USA if you can remember it works like this (specially out in Hollywood)...

If one has enough money to be their own God they can pursue their own agendas because we have Freedom of Speech here. If one has enough money they are allowed to spew their own rhetoric and ideals into movies and magazine articles and even on the evening news.

Try doing that in most Arab or Communist countries!

Most of these said Lords have so much money they think they are their own God and that everyone else should be like them, (sound familiar?) they then proceed to spew their godless/androgynous agenda on to you through these said media channels... Some people really bite hard following these Gods blindly without even seeing what is going on. This is blind faith taking a mans word for the truth.

Most of these said producers and controllers are so stinking rich they are usually homosexual or bisexual because they have no values in life... and they totally believe they are not like you and I, they have a social engineering agenda and they push it in their movies and and the end results of this usually comes out in the young adults music. (cause and effect)

I would just love to see you mention anything like you have in your post history if you lived in a country like Saudi Arabia, yet some still believe that our way of life is controlling.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

yes it was quite the wrong word, but atheist are the ones who are usually anti-god, heck they are anti everything.

why don't atheist attack Satan or Buddha or Vishnu or Allah? they always seem to be attacking the most successful God, the God of Christianity.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Morality is taught through religious channels... So basically what you are saying is (you) want a free-for-all with no stipulation on rules/humility ect, This sounds just like some Hollywood producers version of how the world should work, (for them) and for them only really so they may bask in their sin and immorality.

try looking in the mirror and saying that 10 times every morning when you wake, also try actually listening to the lyrics of the song I posted, If you think this is less of what Humankind needs I question your better judgement.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

yes it was quite the wrong word, but atheist are the ones who are usually anti-god, heck they are anti everything.

why don't atheist attack Satan or Buddha or Vishnu or Allah? they always seem to be attacking the most successful God, the God of Christianity.

Because He interferes with their sexual desires, while satan, buddha, vishnu and allah don't.

"For myself, as no doubt for most of my contemporaries, the philosophy of meaninglessness (Evolution) was essentially an instrument of liberation. The liberation we desired was simultaneously liberation from a certain political and economic system and liberation from a certain system of morality. We objected to the morality because it interfered with our sexual freedom." ~ Aldous Huxley, "Confessions of a Professed Atheist," Report: Perspective on the News, Vol. 3, June, 1966, p.19.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Morality can be taught through philosophical channels. We have a bunch of societies and their morality is not contingent upon their religion. In fact, the majority of morality on a societal level is entirely separate from religion.

We all have our own ideas and we all have our own religions or lack of them. And we're all people.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Morality can be taught through philosophical channels.

most every religion is the philosophy of morality... to name a few that are (not) would be Satanism/Atheism plus others but these are most notable.

We have a bunch of societies and their morality is not contingent upon their religion. In fact, the majority of morality on a societal level is entirely separate from religion.

this is what religion means, and where religion came from... a bunch of dudes sitting around back in the day trying to figure out what is moral, right and wrong... what goes against life.

We all have our own ideas

yes usually when we are young, we want no rules but our own... some people take this into adulthood and that is where things get really funny.

Unfortunately the World does not want Atheism only a small minority of evildoers that do not only want sexual freedom but lawlessness in general.

edit on 12/18/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Did you just claim that Atheism = Satanism?

Satanism/Atheism

Tell me!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join