It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If North Korea fired a nuke at south Korea or the USA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Question. Does anyone think a nuke fired by North Korea would ever reach it's destination?

Question. Does anyone else think The U.S. has the capability to intercept a nuke before it even leaves North Korea's airspace?

I believe the U.S. has technology way beyond what we know about. If NK decides to push the button, millions of their own will perish.

Please discuss. I would love to hear everyone's opinion!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I agree with you about the US and their capabilities, the sad thing is who knows what they would do. We all saw what happened on 9/11, but I would like to think they would not let a nuke go off on our soil. Even if North Korea does not attack the US I still see us getting involved because of how close we are with the south. Lets hope it never escalates to the nuclear level.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SheSellsSeaShells

I agree! Let's hope it doesn't come to that extreme, but if it does I find myself excited at the idea that the U.S. has that capability! Not to mention seeing footage of this "defense weapon" in action.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I don't think NK has intercontinental capability. only a samll few on earth does right now.
plus that would be just a bad idea on their behalf.
and I seriously doubt that NK would get chinas support pulling such a card.
but who knows...

it'll be interesting to see how Kim junks son will handle NK. apparently he needs to touen up in the eyes on their leader.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
id love the america we see on the news to get nuked ant let all you genuine yanks out cos i love americans just hate america and no disrespect to your armed forces

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SheSellsSeaShells

I read an article today that NK has said if war breaks out they are going to make it nuclear and spread it beyond the Korean peninsula. Let's hope not.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

I have contemplated what would happen once one of the NK Nukes gets thru the defense shields and detonates somewhere. Remember this is my opinion only the North Koreans blew up a South Korean Navy ship and shelled a SK Island Killing many individuals. Let me ask you did you see any retaliation on the part of SK or the U.S. when this happened? None, only negotiations and so goes a sign of weakness perceived by NK. So NK sends a Nuke somewhere and it detonates would the U.S. retaliate I say no they will negotiate. Remember if Ronald Regan was alive and still President what do you think would of been the response to NKs actions just recently I think you all know, instead of please don't do that. ^Y^

edit on 17-12-2010 by amari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Annonymous coastal freighter, EMP super weapon at 40 miles high - both Iran and NK could and would do that - it would be the end of the US!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

It would NOT be the end maybe for you if your to dumb to live without electricity...

I'm sure we will think of something COME ON WE ARE AMERICA STILL YOU KNOW....

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by amari

I really don't believe the U.S. would unleash such a secret weapon on a minor skirmish. I believe it would take a major event for us to bring out such a defense. Interesting none the less! Thanks for the reply!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

If I'm not mistaken, The device to create such an EMP that wipes out all electronics in the US would in fact be way too massive to even get airborn? It's been a while since I've researched such devices, I could be wrong. But if that was the case, Why hasn't anyone with such a weapon wiped out every other country in the world's electronics? Being Disturbed, as I am. If I had said technology, every other country in the world would be in the stone age. I'm just sayin.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
There is no benefit to taking and "holding" NK (as in resources, etc). So it has to be assumed that NK would become scorched earth if they ever fired a nuke, successful or not.

And by scorched, I mean most likely conventional air, but possibly minis in strategic locations.

No one wants to invade NK or slog through a very ugly conventional war with them. There's no benefit. So what is really dangerous about NK is the only benefit to them having nukes is to sell them.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisturbedToo
Question. Does anyone think a nuke fired by North Korea would ever reach it's destination?

Depends on the target.

If the destination is South Korea, almost certainly. Japan, probably. Alaska or Hawaii, maybe. Continental USA, probably not.

Question. Does anyone else think The U.S. has the capability to intercept a nuke before it even leaves North Korea's airspace?

Depends on the destination. If it's going to S Korea, there's less chance of interception. The short range missiles are more reliable and they have more of them. Most likely they'd fire dozens of conventional missiles to use up the Patriot interceptors and then mix the nuke in the next volley.

I believe the U.S. has technology way beyond what we know about. If NK decides to push the button, millions of their own will perish.

Indeed.

DPRK is revolting.
edit on 17-12-2010 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

If I'm not mistaken, The device to create such an EMP that wipes out all electronics in the US would in fact be way too massive to even get airborn? It's been a while since I've researched such devices, I could be wrong. But if that was the case, Why hasn't anyone with such a weapon wiped out every other country in the world's electronics? Being Disturbed, as I am. If I had said technology, every other country in the world would be in the stone age. I'm just sayin.

Well looks like your'e in luck then! - you don't imagine for one second that A'jad and Kimmy are not having wet dreams thinking about such things, or that Russia and China would not find such an action highly advantageous!

Super-EMP weapons

Last but not least, senior Russian EMP experts warned the EMP Commission that “brain drain” from Russia enabled North Korea to make what the Russians call “Super-EMP” weapons.11 According to Russian open sources, these are small, low-yield nuclear weapons that can generate extraordinarily powerful EMP fields, many times more powerful than the E1 EMP from a multi-megaton weapon.12 Both of North Korea’s nuclear weapons tests that produced low yield “fizzles” look very like what would be expected from a “Super-EMP” weapon. According to open source reporting, South Korean military intelligence claims North Korea is receiving Russian help developing “Super-EMP” weapons.13

Moreover, the EMP Commission discovered from its investigations that, as noted in the Commission’s unclassified Executive Report, “Certain types of relatively low-yield nuclear weapons can be employed to generate potentially catastrophic EMP effects over wide geographic areas, and designs for variants of such weapons may have been illicitly trafficked for a quarter-century.”14

On a related matter, Dr. Butt incorrectly asserts that “due to the fact that the super-EMP weapon will be directional, it is unlikely to effect a large part of the country.” In fact, a “Super-EMP” weapon can be designed to be directional (the more challenging design) or to cover broad area (the simpler design). The simplest design of a “Super-EMP” nuclear weapon, configured for broad area coverage, could generate extraordinarily high EMP fields over the entire contiguous United States. www.thespacereview.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
What makes everone think a nuke would be

delivered by missle. An artillery shell could

the trick for both north and south.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic

It would NOT be the end maybe for you if your to dumb to live without electricity...

Pfft. I remember when New York suffered from a city-wide power outage years ago because of a glitch in the power grid. Millions of New Yorkers swarmed the streets, looting was rampant, martial law was pretty much in effect... and it only last a day.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

The Ronald Reagan Test Center at Kwajalein Atoll tried to shoot down another missile a few days ago.

It failed again. I don't think we could intercept their missiles.

We're not only dealing with NK. They are a proxy for other players.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Well, if NK fired a nuclear rocket at the USA it would land a few thousand kilometres short. If they fired a nuke at South Korea you can expect rather alot of people being killed if it was not intercepted.

The reprecusions for NK would be short, sharp and result in a rapid regime change.

Personally, I would like a rapid regime change in NK. One less country ruled by morons who show nothing but contempt for their people would be progress in my book.

Regards

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This is part of a comprehensive article debunking the report of a commision designed to look into the EMP threat - it basicaly tears it apart as being a misleading and factually incorrect bunch of BS - Fact is the US is wide open to an EMP attack that NK and Iran have been preparing for yrs - and you have no-way to stop it - this is a NWO op and you have been deliberately mislead and set up for it.

Second, Dr. Butt recommends relying on presumed foreign ignorance of DSP satellite capabilities to deter an “anonymous” shipborne EMP attack, even while acknowledging that DSP could not really identify the attacker. Dr. Butt: “Furthermore, the US certainly has data, via its DSP satellites, on the infrared (IR) signatures of the rocket exhausts from the missiles of various countries. Though these signatures are probably virtually identical for the Scud/Shahab/No-dong family of missiles, the nations which may entertain such attacks do not necessarily know whether… the DSP data can discriminate between a KN Nodong versus an Iranian Shahabs…”

The DSP satellite was designed to provide early warning of Soviet or Chinese strategic missile launches, from their known ICBM fields, not to identify the national origins of short- and medium-range missiles. Any competent foreign intelligence service with a public library card would know this, and much else besides about the capabilities and limitations of DSP. In fact, the “signatures” of medium-range missiles from such countries as North Korea, Iran and Pakistan would be virtually identical, as they are all based on North Korea’s Nodong, which itself is derived from Scud missiles of Russian design. Over 30 nations worldwide possess Scud missiles, all virtually identical, that could be used to make an EMP attack.27 Anyone can purchase Scud missiles on the world market. Terrorists in North Yemen have them. Prior to 9/11, an American collector purchased a live Scud, with dummy warhead, for his museum.28

Large Phased Array Radars (LPARs) are the best tools the United States has for meticulous threat assessment against an incoming missile. An EMP attack, because of its abbreviated trajectory, especially if launched from a ship, leaves too little time for warning, let alone identification of the exact make of the missile. An EMP attack launched from the Gulf Coast would avoid LPARs entirely, as there is no radar facing in that direction.

If a rogue state were really concerned about their ship-launched missile being identified as to national origins, they could always buy someone else’s missile. Many of Saddam Hussein’s Scuds and other missiles are missing from Iraq. Some 100 Scuds belonging to the Taliban are missing in Afghanistan, unaccounted for.29 These and other missiles can probably be purchased on the black market.

www.thespacereview.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic

No electricity... not so hard to live without.

No communications... getting harder to live without.

No transportations... how is all the food going to get from the farms to the people?

You are probably looking at 75%+ of the US population dead within the first month, mostly from starvation.

You should read "Without Warning" by John Birmingham. It is fiction that addresses just this scenario.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join