It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Annomylous line criss cross the Moon (Power Lines)?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
No, I do not know what it is, thats why I asked open minded people on this forum to consider it.

How does this one line up to your theory? Lets try and keep things in context, okay?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
No, I do not know what it is, thats why I asked open minded people on this forum to consider it.

How does this one line up to your theory? Lets try and keep things in context, okay?
Well that's a pretty big clue I gave you and both the left and right sides are many many miles long. Can you guess if the sudden color change on the right hand side is a mosaic effect? It seems pretty obvious.

Regarding your last post, that's not a perfectly straight line, it's only 1 kilometer long (less than 1 mile) and it looks like it's not a solid line, remember this?

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
So yes there are boulder tracks, but they aren't hundreds of miles long in a perfectly straight line like the photographic/mosaic artifacts that I believe the OP is referring to.

The boulder tracks are caused by boulders, the mosaic artifacts are caused by the mosaic assembly.

The resolution is too poor for a firm identification, but that last image doesn't look like a mosaic effect to me. In order to determine for certain whether it's a boulder track, we may need higher resolution images from the LRO:

Lunar Boulder Tracks

Limitations of existing data

Although most of the present images showing boulder tracks exist in Lunar Orbiter photographs, less than 1% of the lunar surface was imaged at the high resolution necessary to resolve these tracks. Typically, 1-5m resolution is needed to obtain useful data. High resolution coverage by the upcoming Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter will enable more tracks to be identified.
That link has a list of dozens of known or suspected boulder tracks and that 26N 3E image isn't listed, so I'm not sure what it is. But the higher resolution images we get from the LRO may help us identify it.

edit on 19-12-2010 by Arbitrageur because: fixed broken link

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Thank you for your opinion, it appears honest and well intended.

I have also noticed that some of the "Lines" are actually not there. What I mean by that is that something was there at one time, and there long enough to discolor the surface, but then removed to leave a discolored shadow of itself.

Some of the lines appear to just stop and then some distance later pick up again. Some appear to have been damaged and some of the damaged parts left to lay about. In some areas it looks like the lines were actually moved over a certain distance leaving only the shadow effect of a missing line.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Soooo has anyone pulled the original images yet? No? Okay see ya after the holidays

www.thelivingmoon.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mcrom901

Very nice contribution, thank you.

But as mentioned elsewhere in this thread, what is seen in these photos are not the result of rolling rock trails. But still fascinating in its own right

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
With out looking at the actual negatives and the orginal prints with a magnifying glass, it is impossible to
determine what we are looking at. I am thinking scratches on the negatives emulsion. What do I know?
Well I actually have a BFA in photography and cinema. So without proof it is all conjecture.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

attached is the "swath" of hi-rez data from that recent mission. Granted that photo-stitching was needed for the REST of the lunar image (you can see the obvious vertical banding below the hi-rez swath).... I thought this new imaging was done on several orbits longitude-wise.... thus any "banding" would be parallel to the swath. Would we DO see are several recurring "things"... on the north end of the strip you can see all those yellow thumbtacks in a row? Those are an almost identical series of objects... and a very even spacing for 100s of miles. Same on the bottom edge... a "complex" of spots and subtle shapes... that recur evenly... (many with those long lines going past them)

I brought into photoshop about a half dozen of each "thing" that was a clone.... and overlayed them... SAME general shape, but all slightly morphed, but very natural looking. I'm trying to look for image manipulation.

Also note the repeating series of blurry circles in a row that you can see here beginning in the center and continueing to the right. No craters underly those shapes... thus it COULD be some kind of digital screw-up on the part of nasa. That's the only other explanation.... that the image processor people messed this up and have hairs and dirty blotches ALL over this region of the moon's image.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Maybe someone at NASA can explain these too "holes"... 100s of miles apart... not really holes tho

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Here are several examples of this repeating pattern of objects... you can see the subtle feature at the yellow arrow. It seems "imbedded" in each of the subsequent repeats of the complex. It varies a bit, but is it REAL or is it some bogus digital artifact. It's it is a REAL psychical thing up there.. we are in trouble! There's a complete network of these things crossing all those "nazca" lines!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by billyjosquire

No, those aren't holes, those are dust (or other small particles) on the scanner.

Lunar Orbiter photos have many of those, besides the original developing problems that created white/withish spots on some photos.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by billyjosquire

Those are more interesting, but the repeating makes me think that they are related to the scanning process.

Without any location reference I do not know where to look.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Those lines are from the explosion pulses of the Project Orion military spacecraft that followed Apollo to the moon.

When it got too close to the moons surface it left a trail of craters in a line behind it.

NASA has images here:

history.nasa.gov...
history.nasa.gov...
history.nasa.gov...
history.nasa.gov...
history.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Only the first photo shows a string of craters, so what are we supposed to be seeing on the other photos?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I think he's probably just referring to the boom antenna that's in the shots, and may believe it's some kind of feature on the surface. That's something that happens a lot.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Those lines are from the explosion pulses of the Project Orion military spacecraft that followed Apollo to the moon.

When it got too close to the moons surface it left a trail of craters in a line behind it.

history.nasa.gov...
One of the leaders of Project Orion was Freeman Dyson. He was interviewed in a BBC special about his role in the project, and he admits to being the one that ultimately ended up killing it by promoting the atmospheric nuclear test ban treaty. Here's an excerpt but you need to watch the full video:

It was a cool project, and they did build some models which are seen in that excerpt, but they never made anything full scale.

So whatever caused those craters on the moon, it wasn't project Orion.

Originally posted by WilburWheately
I think he's probably just referring to the boom antenna that's in the shots, and may believe it's some kind of feature on the surface. That's something that happens a lot.
I think you're right.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
and what is the process behind the main ones?

hamptonroads.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mcrom901

That's a good question, but it doesn't look like the same process could be responsible for the creation of lines and of the Carolina bays.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

reply to post by ArMaP

That's not a "Boom antenna".

Project Orion had a piston/spring setup on it's blast plate. Coca Cola designed the device that dropped out soda can sized nuclear bombs...and the piston/spring set up received the blast and turned it into forward motion.

You don't know about it because it never made it back home. NASA has the pictures there tho. Look at them closely. Now do you know why India, China, and Japan are being bought off not to release high res images of the moon? There's body parts laying around.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
sorry
edit on 24/6/11 by mcrom901 because: delete

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

reply to post by ArMaP

That's not a "Boom antenna".

the proper term is a helical antenna
en.wikipedia.org...

You don't know about it because it never made it back home.

It was never even launched....

although a manhole cover may have made it into space as a result of a nuclear explosion!
www.radiochemistry.org...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join