It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Annomylous line criss cross the Moon (Power Lines)?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Personally, I think if there is any sort of anomaly on the moon, it will be on the dark side. Where we haven't been.

Hell, we aren't going to get conclusive proof of anything until we go back to the moon. Funnily enough, we haven't been back there since. I wonder why that is? What is stopping us?

Budget cuts? Pah!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RaKais
Personally, I think if there is any sort of anomaly on the moon, it will be on the dark side.

There is no dark side of the Moon

What is stopping us?

Obama... he told NASA they won't get money to go back to the moon. but they can get money to go to asteroids if they want

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Personally, I think if there is any sort of anomaly on the moon, it will be on the dark side.

There is no dark side of the Moon

What is stopping us?

Obama... he told NASA they won't get money to go back to the moon. but they can get money to go to asteroids if they want

I meant the far side. The one always turned away from us.

Secondly, I don't think it's budget cuts stopping us going back to the moon.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Well what is it then that you think is stopping another trip to the lunar surface?
No budget means no trip.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
Well what is it then that you think is stopping another trip to the lunar surface?
No budget means no trip.

Well maybe the Lunarians got fed up with these "NASA bombs the Moon" missions and put in a call to the real PTB to put a stop to it..

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
There are some tracks on the moon, from boulders rolling around, but these are exactly what you said it's obvious they're not, seam lines. You can prove it by looking at the original source images that Google moon used, and to do that you have to look at images from sources other than Google moon.

Heavy things like boulders do not roll around if there is hardly any atmosphere and consequently no wind surely? Unless there's something or someone on the moon rolling them around there should not be tracks, no erosion, no weather or surface water.

Unless of course what we have been told by NASA about the moon is not true that is...

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

You forget one thing:

Heavy things like boulders do not roll around...

Gravity. Slopes. Heating/cooling cycles. Expansion, contracting from heating/cooling cycles.

Things can dislodge from those influences....and rarely, tumble down a slope.

Another possible trigger could be seismic in origin. Just a suggestion. Micrometeorite impacts.

SO, no....objects don't move "horizontally", there has to be a vector force of gravity in some manner, since it is present all the time. Just a matter of some object that is somewhat precariously balanced, and then "letting go"...

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

Those photos look like Lunar Orbiter V photos, some had those lines across them.

I will take a look.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme

No budget means no trip.

Budget is not an issue with America. If they wanted to do something to further their sphere of influence/power, money won't be an issue. If we could man on the moon in the 60s, why can't we do it in a time we are more advanced in everyway?

More to it, me thinks.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I gave you a star because of your logical argument. No, things just don't move around by magic, there must be a force behind it. But then again I am one of those that believe even magic has some type of unknown, but not unknowable force/ technology involved.

I do not believe these lines are caused by rocks sliding about on the moon, I believe they are cables, hoses, power distribution lines or maybe even water hoses. The problem with this is what is their genesis, and who put them there, and when.

Our ancient history here on earth tells us many stories about Gods of the past flying here and there. Is it really that unbelievable to discover maybe their is truth to some of these tales? Maybe they just left a bit of their "Magic" lying about intentionally for us to find one day? Who put these lines there? Maybe, it was "The Man in the Moon " www.rhymes.org.uk...

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Another possible trigger could be seismic in origin. Just a suggestion. Micrometeorite impacts.
Or meteorite impacts (resulting from larger meteors, as opposed to micrometeors).

Remember that with no atmosphere, or weather to erase boulder tracks, they can remain visible for a very long time after the boulder rolls.

www.moonzoo.org...

Boulders associated with Impact Craters

These are impact craters that have rocks and boulders scattered on the inside walls and often around outside the rim of the crater. These types of impact craters are young as the boulders haven’t been eroded by micrometeorite impacts and turned into regolith.

Boulders associated with craters occur when bedrock is broken apart and thrown outwards with other materials during the formation of a crater.

In some instances these boulders may roll down crater walls, leaving behind a boulder trail. Such tracks, when seen in LRO data, represent locations where meter-plus sized boulders have rolled down slopes and left behind wide tracks. Boulders that rolled down the slopes of the North Massif were sampled at the Apollo 17 landing site, providing geological samples from otherwise inaccessible geological units.

So yes there are boulder tracks, but they aren't hundreds of miles long in a perfectly straight line like the photographic/mosaic artifacts that I believe the OP is referring to.

The boulder tracks are caused by boulders, the mosaic artifacts are caused by the mosaic assembly.
edit on 19-12-2010 by Arbitrageur because: fix typo

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

You may wish to apply some more logical analysis to this:

I believe they are cables, hoses, power distribution lines or maybe even water hoses..

Well....if "cables", how thick then? What diameter? Same with any of the other (suggested) examples.

Because....you need to consider the altitude of the camera, for each photo, and the focal length used. AND resolution capability, per pixel.

If you want, could compare to Earth satellite photos. Try to find known, verified "cables, hoses, power distribution lines" or "water hoses" in the Earth images, to see how visible (or not) they are from space.

Google Earth is unique, since the "zoom" feature allows you to translate to the aircraft images, for greater detail and resolution, not available (yet) on the Moon......

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Are you stating the following photo is nothing more than a "photographic/mosaic artifact"?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye

Are you stating the following photo is nothing more than a "photographic/mosaic artifact"?
Source of photo?

Coordinates?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
How old are these moon black and white photos? The black lines could be a scratch in the negative's emulsion.
The scratch would be a long clear line, when the photograph gets printed this results in a black line. I am not saying this is what we are seeing, however, it is a possibility.
If they were real, I would say they are not natural, nature doesn't make straight lines. An intelligent force makes straight lines. They could be electric power, sewer, gas lines, or maybe a sprinkler/irrigation system?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Oh yes, of course there could be erosion. Thanks for that.

I did consider gravity and rolling down a slope. However, I can't imagine many tracks that have been made by a boulder rolling down a slope being visible on orbiter shots and also be straight or shaped like a race track.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The lines could be caused by spacecraft landing, taking off or crashing.

Just adding that into the mix alongside roads/power lines/irrigation etc

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Soooo has anyone pulled the original images yet? No? Okay see ya after the holidays

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Coordinates are 26 36' 44. 23" N 03 02' 19.08" E The image was taken from the Google earth/ Moon program.

Depending on the altitude and zoom, they come from the NASA / USGS / JAXA / SELENE , NASA / ASU programs.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye

Here's a clue. The artifact you pointed to is on the left end of the blue arrows. What's that on the right end of the blue arrows?

Compressed image (overview without scrolling):
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f4ed91f8d5ac.png[/atsimg]

Full image (need to scroll):

Does that give you any ideas?

You don't think that's a power line on the right, do you?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join