It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PROOF: Wikileaks is censoring & deleting cables!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

erm....peoples' lives are at risk. Why aren't you asking why your government hasn't given you any of it?

edit on 17-12-2010 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I thought I noticed this when wikileaks first started releasing the cables. as early as nov. 29th. here is a response I reposted from an earlier thread, you have to scroll down and find me to read it...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 17-12-2010 by semicolonsmile because: grammar

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
guys, guys, guys

dont get all upset now

WikiLeaks IS NSA / Mossad false-flag operation from the start... NO ONE in todays world cant leak secrets and stay alive.

Its the way that secret service works.....

edit on 17-12-2010 by anubisone because: text

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Who know's really which of the two is the real cable...
Only one of the two has a reason to lie.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

I'm with the OP. Don't you see now that they are attracting more attention they are slanting peoples perceptions with their redactions.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I have not decided yet 100%, but I do not rush to congratulate Mr Assange, because nothing of major/earth shattering importance has been released yet. Tarpley has decided - MK Ultra sex abuse puppet. Watch all 5 series. Particularly part 3/5.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
my conclusion on wikileaks...

Like the poster above me.

It's intelligence

these people are fooling PEOPLE all day everyday.

Inside work to get reason and support behind "cyber defense funding." /internet cencorship

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
They can be edited, they say that themselves, to protect people and the newspapers were given the own copies of the cables to work through...

sir do your homework

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by pforkp

it makes me laugh to see wikileaks fanboys still defend the guy after even more evidence that he's lying to them.
I guess thats just the way some people work.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazz87

Surely anons misguided actions would be the better reason for that.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I can show you something interesting.

Let's go to WikLeaks and see how many cables are released at the time of me writing this post.

Currently released so far... 1618 / 251,287

Now, Let's go to another favorite of mine it's called CableSearch.org which is actually a supported subsidiary of WikiLeaks.

Seccond paragraph on the main page.

This search interface is based on 1641 cables.

Goodnight Ladies and Gentlemen, I'll be here all week.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I'm still baffled at the fools who believe this to be a false flag operation...based on what a 10 day old character on here says. It's not even anything special for an organization to charge for information, Reuters/AP/etc. do it all the time, yet the OP pretends as if this is some giant revelation and makes WL look bad.

And what's the goal of this theoretical false flag operation? Shut down the Internet? You guys have no clue, you CAN'T cut people off in today's modern world. Even in VERY restrictive countries like China/Saudi Arabia they are able to access anything they want. All but the crazy neocons realize that they can't stop this, and it's mostly them who continue to whine about their countries being "dragged through the mud".

As for them censoring stuff: They said from the start the'll take out things that could potentially hurt someone, like the name of certain informants. Given the HUGE amount of cables, it makes only sense that they overlook something eventually and then have to change it post-publishing. It's how a lot of online organizations work, so don't act as if this is some giant revelation that makes WL look bad.

You can be pretty sure it's not a false flag operation because quite a lot of the info isn't nice for countries. In the UK for example, people found out that Libya was able to force the UK government to hand over the Lockerbie terrorist simply because they threatened to stop doing business with them. Doesn't make the UK look strong/good, and it's not something they'd ever want the people to know. Other countries have similar stories where there's no way they ever want that to come out.

So: STOP ACTING LIKE CONSPIRACY FOOLS!! Sometimes something is exactly what it looks like, and no 10 day old character should convince you otherwise...
edit on 17-12-2010 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Anyone reckon wikileaks could be an psy-ops by a country like Russia to make America look evil (which they are)?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnyc55

I've got an Idea!
Read the post above you...
edit on 17-12-2010 by ATLien because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnyc55
Anyone reckon wikileaks could be an psy-ops by a country like Russia to make America look evil (which they are)?

The Russian president was called Putin's "Robin"...if you know anything about Putin's ego, you'd know he would NEVER want anyone publicly stating that.

I still don't get why people are so focused on the US. Plenty of dirt on other countries emerged. I'm pretty pissed about some of the stuff they found out about my 2 countries. But instead of blaming WL or being angry at them releasing the news, I'm pissed at the politicians and companies who led it happen in the first place.

Instead of focusing on fighting the emergence of those news, the people should demand from their governments to fix what's WRONG instead.

Not surprised at all those "psy-ops" and "false flag" accusations though, especially given that many of the people making those accusations have been on these boards for only a few days/weeks mostly. The governments and other interest groups will do EVERYTHING to discredit Wikileaks.

People should STOP focusing on Wikileaks and Assange, and focus on the actual content of the cables. They highlight some crucial issues that NEED to be addressed, and WL did us all a huge favor because bringing those issues to the public puts pressure on politicians/companies to act. Only a dumb fool would be against free speech like this! Don't let patriotism blind you from what's right and wrong!

Let's not forget WL actually offered the US government to go over it with them in order to take out things that compromise the lives of operatives and people...the US government REFUSED! So for now WL has to do all the work on its own.
edit on 17-12-2010 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
Maybe Assange was 'impanted' during his 5 star prison star. Maybe he's a manchurian canidate now?

Yeah right! Man you read this site too much or something.

We all know that reptilian shape-shifting plasma beings who've arrived inside nibiru through the stargate cannot become manchurian candidates, DUH

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I believe that this is a ploy by the controllers of world to blame the internet on something. It's their next target to control

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Very nice attempt at derailing the thread. Here's the deal - ALL of the Wikileaks fanboys who have posted against the OP in this thread say that this is nothing new, Wikileaks said they would do this, and I shouldn't be trusted because I'm new.

First, just because I have only been a member for 11 days doesn't mean I'm 11 days old. I have been thinking for myself for AT LEAST 4 years
This argument has zero legitimate weight in this entire debate, and I'm ashamed to think that you would rely so heavily on this point as some sort of damning evidence.

Second, many responses have NOT read this entire thread - nor have they investigated this by themselves (as was recommended in the OP), which is key to the integrity of the OP. The content of the cables is BEING MANIPULATED IN WHOLESALE by Wikileaks AFTER their initial release. You can see the edits they've been trying to hide from you by following my instructions in the OP, or even reading the entire first page of this thread. There are 3 examples of how Wikileaks is editing (without reporting these edits to the public) entire paragraphs, and deleting entire cables. The content of these edits can be read using Cable-Diff, and it's not pretty - they are actively manipulating how some characters and countries in the cables should be perceived by the doe-eyed public.

Quit being an unquestioning fan, and do some investigative work for yourself before you honestly believe your position to be true. Wikileaks IS NOT what they claim to be, they are hiding parts of the "history" they are trying to portray and protecting specific geopolitical interests (namely, the US), and they DO NOT represent nor should be the flagship of transparency.

Don't just read the thread title, skim the OP, look at my avatar info then post. You are not basing your information on anything but emotional attachment to your side of the argument. PLEASE, READ THE CABLE DIFFERENCES FOR YOURSELF, and then judge.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I've just read the 1st 2 pages and this one..
All the documents mentioned so far are all as they were initially published to my mirrors.

The archive of cablegate-201012061400

Has them all.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by him777
I believe that this is a ploy by the controllers of world to blame the internet on something. It's their next target to control

WL isn't existing to give the government a reason to censor the Internet, it's just the a natural effect of it. Yes, WL is the cause some governments now want to clamp down on Internet freedom, but the alternative, aka not coming out with that important news, isn't a good one for the people. That's why we have to fight back at them taking away our Internet freedoms.

By the way, given how "successful" the RIAA is in "controlling the Internet", I wouldn't hold my breath. Keep in mind that most of our "leaders" are over 45 years old, they're mostly not experts when it comes to IT. That's why it comes at no surprise that they still seriously believe they can control this. Like Assange said, even if they take him out, it won't stop the movement.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join