It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PROOF: Wikileaks is censoring & deleting cables!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Uhm actually this thread should be labeled HOAX! This is proof of nothing. The thread title is both misleading and wrong. All of the cables came from Wikileaks hence they have been released to the general public in whole. They can then however after the release do whatever they wish because the whole cable was released to the public in it's entirety, before any deleting or editing has taken place. Therefore your point is moot and this thread is a HOAX. You wouldn't know if there was/wasn't material there or missing if they did not release it in the first place.

And your argument for withholding the insurance file is laughable. When you play poker do you just lay all your cards down on the table face up for your opponents to clearly see? Didn't think so!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
People should read this document that was typed up by assange when they talk about why wikileaks haven't done this or that, it gives you an insight in to his views on the conspiracy of information. cryptome.org... And i have not seen any censoring, i will need to read up a bit more rather than take your word for it.
edit on 16-12-2010 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

"This is proof of nothing."

It is proof of exactly what the thread title says - Wikileaks is censoring its material. GO HERE, download the torrent, and check for yourself. This torrent is updated as soon as more material is released/edited - it mechanically watches the Wikileak sight and chronicles any changes to the database and the words within the cables.

"All of the cables came from Wikileaks hence they have been released to the general public in whole. They can then however after the release do whatever they wish because the whole cable was released to the public in it's entirety, before any deleting or editing has taken place."

First, why does releasing the cable warrant future redactions or deletion? You assume that "the public" has either archived all of the cables themselves and are watching for changes. Joe Shmoe out there goes to the site (if he even does that), reads the cables in their present form, then thinks this is what has always been available. There is no obvious legitimate reason for many of the redactions and deletions that have taken place.

"You wouldn't know if there was/wasn't material there or missing if they did not release it in the first place."

Why are they changing it on the fly? Should I thank Wikileaks for initially releasing the cables, and then taking them away or altering information in them? Guess they should have gotten their disinfo right in the first place eh?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by pforkp
reply to post by SpaDe_

"This is proof of nothing."

It is proof of exactly what the thread title says - Wikileaks is censoring its material. GO HERE, download the torrent, and check for yourself. This torrent is updated as soon as more material is released/edited - it mechanically watches the Wikileak sight and chronicles any changes to the database and the words within the cables.

"All of the cables came from Wikileaks hence they have been released to the general public in whole. They can then however after the release do whatever they wish because the whole cable was released to the public in it's entirety, before any deleting or editing has taken place."

First, why does releasing the cable warrant future redactions or deletion? You assume that "the public" has either archived all of the cables themselves and are watching for changes. Joe Shmoe out there goes to the site (if he even does that), reads the cables in their present form, then thinks this is what has always been available. There is no obvious legitimate reason for many of the redactions and deletions that have taken place.

"You wouldn't know if there was/wasn't material there or missing if they did not release it in the first place."

Why are they changing it on the fly? Should I thank Wikileaks for initially releasing the cables, and then taking them away or altering information in them? Guess they should have gotten their disinfo right in the first place eh?

That is a daft reply, this Joe, (Em Wah) has only archived some material at the outset, if it is later altered WTF, do you see governments saying the second version is then the real deal, and not the first, by all the while emcompassing the idea that the cables are damaging and real. Noone has denied the cables, someone somewhere, outside of Wiki has access to as yet, unreleased cables. This is not even clever at all.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

I thought wikileaks was about transparency?

I thought wikileaks was about opening governments up?

I thought wikileaks was for the people?

I knew all along they were playing a game a game they are in ALL for themselves...

You just said it yourself now realize this don't be ignorant.

*If your playing a game of poker you don't lay all your cards on the table*

You don't play games and proclaim your for freedom of information.

WIKILEAKS STOP PLAYING GAMES WE ARE NOT YOUR PAWNS!!!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by pforkp

No, you sir are dead wrong. Wikileaks is covering up nothing! If they were they would have never released anything or they would have released edited information from the get go. Fix your title it is misleading and wrong. You have not proved anything, you will not prove anything, and you cannot prove anything because all of your information comes from the same one source! Wikileaks is that source, and without it no other place on the planet with the exception of the leaker would have the information!

edit on 12/16/2010 by SpaDe_ because: to edit

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

Please point out how Wikileaks is playing games without sourcing something that they released. When you go to do this you will quickly see my point. They released all the information that anyone has right now as far as cables go right? So please tell me if they released the whole unedited content then how is it possible for anyone to know anything is missing? It isn't!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
reply to post by SpaDe_

I thought wikileaks was about transparency?

I thought wikileaks was about opening governments up?

I thought wikileaks was for the people?

I knew all along they were playing a game a game they are in ALL for themselves...

You just said it yourself now realize this don't be ignorant.

*If your playing a game of poker you don't lay all your cards on the table*

You don't play games and proclaim your for freedom of information.

WIKILEAKS STOP PLAYING GAMES WE ARE NOT YOUR PAWNS!!!!!

I nearly forgot, you want TPTB to "bug" his mother, actual meaning of bug not stated.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FalselyFlagged

Um... How would it serve as insurance if they released it all to the public before hand???? You understand how insurance works, right? What incentive would there be not to kill him, if the info was all released?

Why would a website that is supposedly based on transparency withhold documents? If they are labeling them as insurance, then the assumption is it contains damning information against a person, group or country. One would think it would go to the top of the list to release, as opposed to keeping it secret and using it as extortion and blackmail.

As people here ake the argument the Government has no right to withhold information from the people, what gives wikileaks the right to do so?

Since they started, this whole chirade of theirs is chocked full of contradicitions, confusion and revenge. What has happened so far?

- Pvt. Manning is in custody for supposedly accessing and sending classified info
- A Naval reservist has been in custody for trying to seel classified info to undercover FBI agents.
- Thousands of Iraq documents released, with no effect based on the intended release.
- Thousands of Afghan documents released, again with no effect based on intended release.
- Thousand of Diplomatic cables that are embarrasing to the US in the sense they were compromised and released, but so far no major backlash, and if anything some of the countries named are suffering more so than the US is because of the release.
- Talks about cables with UFO conversations, but again nothing definitive.

To date, Assange and wikileaks have failed to meet any of their stated goals, and if anytthing has had nowehere close to the reaction suggested.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

Please point out how Wikileaks is playing games without sourcing something that they released. When you go to do this you will quickly see my point. They released all the information that anyone has right now as far as cables go right? So please tell me if they released the whole unedited content then how is it possible for anyone to know anything is missing? It isn't!

I agree with you here. I feel you're being defensive about something I haven't questioned you on. The only reason that we know that something has changed is because Wikileaks released the docs in the first place - I get it. The point that I feel you're missing is that Wikileaks is altering (or completely removing) their information after they have released it. So on to your next point:

Wikileaks is covering up nothing! If they were they would have never released anything or they would have released edited information from the get go. Fix your title it is misleading and wrong. You have not proved anything, you will not prove anything, and you cannot prove anything because all of your information comes from the same one source!

They need to be able to change the "history of events" as new events unfold and the global political climate changes. If some disinformation does not meet their political agenda, or conflicts with other stories in the MSM, they cover their tracks by redaction. Many redactions take out information that shows the DPRK acting civil and responsible, we can't have that as it conflicts with the current US smear campaign. Other redactions mention that several countries have critically analyzed the situations in both Iran and DPRK and found them to not be nearly as dire as the MSM is making it out to be - taken out to give more legitimacy to the TPTB's claims. Further redactions take out particularly damning information about the actions and suggestions of US allies that could be politically damaging.

Please, look for yourself and you will see that the redactions are used to further belittle Iran and DPRK, and protect the interests of the US and their allies. The information from my "same source" (Wikileaks) is BEING CHANGED OR DELETED BY WIKILEAKS. This goes against what Wikileaks says they stand for. They are altering history, they are altering opinion, and they are disinforming. This is the point of this thread.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Why won't you people realize that you have been conned"

Wikileaks is a Cass Sunstein operation endorsed at the highest levels of the Obama administration and at the behest of George Soros and the Rockefeller crew?

These people hate our guts. They want us dead.

Put your brains in gear...stop acting like schoolchildren!

You have been duped. This was a false flag op from the start.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pforkp

I am not trying to be defensive, but I am sort of because of this point. If Wikileaks had never released anything we wouldn't even be having these conversations. My other point is they are doing exactly what they are expected to do. They are releasing these documents in whole without edit and they are getting massive amounts of attention drawn to them which is exactly what needs to be done. Now I don't know why they are edited after the fact but I am certain of one thing, and that is, if they can live up to just getting through the first 2 things (releasing, while drawing attention to the documents) I am sure they are doing the third for good reason.

If they were being underhanded about anything they would be releasing edited information, and withholding the information (in this case cables) that they didn't like. Instead they are releasing them allowing people to copy them form their servers, then after that they are editing and removing for whatever reason.
edit on 12/16/2010 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
OR THEY ARE BEING HACKED.

Or some of you have just downloaded the newest: superbottrojan.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by misfitofscience

I think if they were being hacked, there would be a much more visible sign, rather than hundreds of precision edits. Plus, Wikileaks would be quick to tweet about it or post something - we all know how they LOVE their media drama

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
please ...mirror CIA sites ...... if Wikileaks is a psyop then it would be logical to create mirror sites that spread disinformation trying to discredit the source ??

and what about the file not in Wikileaks data base that were published? Where and how did tehy get them? oh they were leaked like cables on wikileak yet the fact remains that the words of the cables we have been given ....take them with caution and incontext of all available info.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by pforkp
To any Canadians interested, I found one quote recently redacted from cable 08OTTAWA918 (the entire third paragraph was censored on Dec.14th). Here's the censored paragraph:

3. (S/NF) Responding to Dr. Cohen’s query, Judd said CSIS had responded to recent, non-specific intelligence on possible terror operations by “vigorously harassing” known Hezbollah members in Canada. According to Judd, CSIS’ current assessment is that no attack is “in the offing” in Canada. He noted, however, that Hezbollah members, and their lawyers, were considering new avenues of litigation resulting from recent court rulings that, Judd complained, had inappropriately treated intelligence agencies like law enforcement bodies (refs A and C). The Director observed that CSIS was “sinking deeper and deeper into judicial processes,” making Legal Affairs the fastest growing division of his organization. Indeed, he added, legal challenges were becoming a “distraction” that could have a major “chill effect” on intelligence officials.

Yea. Screw the law, it shouldn't apply to intelligence agencies!
Pretty scary stuff coming from the then-Director of CSIS.

I remember reading this one. It's nice that we still have an independent judiciary in the Supreme Court, and glad they tie the hands of the megalomaniacs at CSIS.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The op has shown that wikileaks is in fact fudging the data to meet their own agenda that is the goal of the op to show you wikileaks is NOTHING they say they are..

Wikileaks is a sham.

The thing people hate the most is hypocrisy that is exactly what wikileaks is.....

They have shown their true colors assange is in this for the fortune and fame and you fanboys eat it up like it's candy... Pathetic and shame on you...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

please ...mirror CIA sites ...... if Wikileaks is a psyop then it would be logical to create mirror sites that spread disinformation trying to discredit the source ??

That's some deep reverse psychology right there
Thing is, the site I linked to posts an updated dump of Wikileaks files that have changed or are not found since Wikileaks' last update. It does this by running character-by-character comparisons between Wikileaks' current database and every database that was posted since day 1 of Cablegate.

This is ALL Wikileaks' doing (and whoever is behind the whole operation, obviously). This is really the only tangible proof that we have so far that Wikileaks is publishing disinformation.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FalselyFlagged

Originally posted by thecinic
This is becauSe wikileaks is disinfo propaganda.....

If they were so transparent they wouldn't be keeping the insurance to themselves.

Um... How would it serve as insurance if they released it all to the public before hand???? You understand how insurance works, right? What incentive would there be not to kill him, if the info was all released?

The issue is that they say they're for letting people know the truth but instead of letting everyone know the truth they're keeping it all hidden away. If they really cared they'd sacrifice themselves by putting that info out there, not keeping it from the very people they want to inform.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
More evidence in support of the theory I have been pushing since April.

Assange is a puppet and Wikileaks is a giant mousetrap. The government has used the cheapest of cheese, "leaked secrets" that were neither secrets nor leaked, to draw as many technophile-skewed domestic threats into the trap as possible. Look at what has happened in just the past month... out of all of the cables leaked, aside from the *somewhat* surprising revelation that China is ready to bail on North Korea, what has been exposed that wasn't already widely known? Even the China "leak" was very likely intended more as a "See what we can do to you Hu Jintao, if you continue to jack with us?" than of any real value to the public knowledge sphere. That's huge red flag one: information of little value being treated by the powers that be as if it were Grandad's secret BBQ sauce recipe.

Strike 2 was the little nudge the business world gave to Wikileaks following very public comments from Congressmen and Senators which lead not to the most direct solution for a government actually wanting this site shut down (Simply pull the freaking plug on it! They knew where the servers were that held the information and have the technology to stop it... but instead they made a spectacle and pretended to be helpless against it in front of an otherwise ignorant and doe-eyed citizenry) instead there was a carefully conducted systematic redirection composed of minor roadblocks and inconveniences which ultimately lead Wiki supporters unknowingly right in the direction the government wanted them to go in.

All those helpfull idiots that hosted mirror sites and information represented the first wave of what the powers were really after. They answered a question we all know they have been wanting an answer to for quite awhile now: "Who should we list as immediate threats if a situation X occurs or we need to go into lockdown mode someday? Who is out there who will quickly go counterstream to the government and media and work alongside those we have deemed "threats?" Don't kid yourselves into thinking that every single individual who hosted a file, publically shared a link to a mirror site, donated money to Wikileaks, or actively campaigned and spoke online in support of the "rogue" Assange wasn't catalogued, traced, and meticulously added to a list in some dark cavern run by an alphabet agency.

Lastly, and I haven't decided on whether this was an accidental gift to the authorities or something they were hoping for or expecting, is the exposure of Anonymous and other hackers. This was over their heads, big time, and they stupidly stumbled right into it. You can take down -a- website and escape back into your spider hole for awhile to stay under the radar. What you cannot do is fight simultaneous battles against multiple targets. Before the first hundred DDOS messages were sent to legitimate customers, I'm willing to bet that Mastercard, Visa, Paypal, and every attacked institutional network were beginning the process of comparing IP number sources, triangulating locations, contacting providers, and running everything against databases of previously known assailants. By day 2, the supposed "smart" hackers who were using hotspots and other "untraceable" locations were likely already beginning to show trends. This going on for over a week was absolutely the early Christmas gift these agents could never have dreamed they'd see. Hacker Joe assaults Visa & the Swiss news agency at 8:30 AM from the NYU student union common room, then at 10:35 they get another attack from the NYU Starbucks which lasts for 12 minutes, then at 4:50 the third attack traced back to the NYU campus dorm rec room is recorded... the 'G' Dorm, let's say. Repeat this for 5 or 6 days with a couple of different locations on campus or nearby and suddenly they have a relatively good profile of either a single suspect or, possibly, multiple ones... but the point here is they are far closer to identifying the suspect than they have ever been during previous mass-hack efforts.

So yeah, the OP here comes as little to no surprise to me. Wikileaks isn't disinfo, it's simply "No info." The feds have all the data and people they can efficiently digest right now, so they have entered a (likely) temporary slow down mode. When they have finished processing all they have, I'm sure we'll see another round of Wikileaks complete with "startling revalations" like Obama believes the Earth is round, Bush considered outlawing hard pretzels larger than his trachea, and Hillary was born a man.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join