It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sexist Female Oppression? Cleavage In The Workplace

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

if they're that tight and revealing that they distract their coworkers and in general make them regarded as less professional for it, yes. work is work, it's not playtime, it's not sexytime, it's not attract the sex you're attracted to time. that is unless you work in a job that requires those things. it certainly isn't oppressing to require people to dress as their profession requires. nor is it sexist.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by janon

Originally posted by Aeons
As long as it doesn't effect his work I don't care about it. I'm competent, and if he's not capable of working with me due to his thoughts that will be on him.

Since this is about "at work" so long as he doesn't allow it to effect his work I don't give a flyin' ratspatootie....I'm not there for his friendship.

So it is his problem that your clothing choice is a distraction? I just want to make sure I'm reading that right.

So it would be okay for me to play death metal on my mp3 player at full blast all day long even if it was a distraction because you should be able to control yourself?

Again - please feel free to scour the interwebz and post us some pictures of big breasted women dressed "appropriately" for your "non-distracting" standards.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Point taken... being that you enjoy your tights....

Now last time I checked... clothes were man-made... we weren't placed in this world via evolution or religious, with Armani and Gucci. You're just programmed to think clothing is essential be it professional or casual.

People are programmed to think of woman as a precious higher standard so they want to cover them up and keep hem private. No cleavage. No short skirts. No daisy dukes.

Give me a break. If you don't like what you see. Look away. This my thinking. Whig in my opinion is deep thinking, in contrary to your programmed thinking.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Again, we are talking about all women, not just big breasted women. Also way to dodge a question.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal
reply to post by Aeons

if they're that tight and revealing that they distract their coworkers and in general make them regarded as less professional for it, yes. work is work, it's not playtime, it's not sexytime, it's not attract the sex you're attracted to time. that is unless you work in a job that requires those things. it certainly isn't oppressing to require people to dress as their profession requires. nor is it sexist.

Hmmmm....I'm thinking that there might be tactical disadvantages to putting all the male security types into burqas.....

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   

reply to post by Aeons

Again, we are talking about all women, not just big breasted women. Also way to dodge a question.

I'm not dodging it. Cleavage is more apparent in larger breasted women. And if you tried to find those pictures, I'm sure that your "standard" could be better illustrated to tell us what *IS* acceptable to you.

That none of you will do it is the answer by the way. Those who tried realized they can't find anything, and the rest of you know that you'll not find anything.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Also, it's easy to find nicely dressed professional women on the internet. Google images of "female politicians" for starters

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Also, it's easy to find nicely dressed professional women on the internet. Google images of "female politicians" for starters

Please, post the nice looking one's with breasts large enough to be an issue so that we can see these examples of women appropriately dressed so as not to entice you.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

So it would be okay for me to play death metal on my mp3 player at full blast all day long even if it was a distraction because you should be able to control yourself?

that question

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Please, post the nice looking one's with breasts large enough to be an issue so that we can see these examples of women appropriately dressed so as not to entice you.

Large enough to be an issue? Have you been reading this thread? This is about CLOTHING not breast size.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by janon

You are the one avoiding the heart of this discussion. Auditory noise and your sexual arousal instinct aren't comparable and you aren't asking because you want an answer. You want to control the conversation away from what you don't want to talk about.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Oh my mistake death kron i did not realise that you would be easily angered or offended. I will try to be less subtle as you are from the North of England. however i do believe that i did ask for tolerance upon missunderstanding. Hmm it would appear that this simple request is far too great for you.Ahive got it i will appologise for you and to you that way you may just feel in control or better about yourself.There is no need to thank me or for you to reply and be evasive,just except thatyou are what you are somebody who's special and unique.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

reply to post by janon

You are the one avoiding the heart of this discussion. Auditory noise and your sexual arousal instinct aren't comparable and you aren't asking because you want an answer. You want to control the conversation away from what you don't want to talk about.

The distraction is the same thing and if you can't see how a female obviously attempting to showcase her breasts, like the OP stated, wouldn't be a distraction then you are lost. I don't believe you really understand what this thread is about because you keep bring up large breasts. Large or small doesn't matter. We are talking about making the correct clothing choices in a work environment.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I dont have a problem with women showing cleavage at work, for some this is hard to avoid.

What really gets under my skin, is when women with large breasts wear shirts that are low cut to display cleavage and then get mad when they catch a guy looking at them.

If your gonna display them dont get mad if people look.
edit on 17-12-2010 by Topsy_Cret because: spelling

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Boom I think I got rid of her. Anyway, here is a page with a lot of nicely dressed females and a few not so professionally dressed also. Still SFW

www.glamgalz.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Most of the jobs I have had the ladies wore pants, and being a 'leg' man, that really helped me to keep my mind on the job in hand, the 'superstructure' was always covered too, another blessing, although from all these posts, what have I missed during my working life?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Jeez being a male i prefer a woman showing off her assets..........good on ya gal

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I have to laugh at those who say large chested women can't help but show their cleavage or that they have to wear baggy shirts. Not true. I speak from experience. Button down blouses may be slightly more difficult but a thin tank underneath remedies that.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Feminists are the worlds biggest hypocrites. This is one of the silliest posts I've ever read. Ok so you want to "showcase" (thus draw attention to) your "big breast assets" which, are a part of the body which obviously have sexual appeal to the opposite sex (or you wouldn't consider them an "asset" unless you're a professional baby breast-feeder or something because thats the only other function of breasts), but you don't want to ever be negatively judged for that in a work place which is not supposed to be about sex/sex appeal.

So basically you want to flaunt your sexual asset breasts with low cut tops but its "sexist" and "a conspiracy oppressing women" for the opposite sex to notice them and find them a distraction and in some cases (I say in some cases because I'm sure plenty of risque dressing woman have also been promoted because a boss enjoyed the show) a negative distraction that may count against you in the office place...? ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHH. The hypocrisy is so ridiculous.

If men have to wear suits or other professional COVERING attire instead of white beaters to show off their big biceps, then why shouldn't woman be expected to do the same and simply wear a non-low cut top (no ones saying you have to tape the suckers down or anything)? You want equality, then you got it, wear professional, COVERING, attire in a professional office just like we do. But no, most feminists dont really want equality, they want all the benefits of being a woman with none of the disadvantages and they wan't men to worship them at the same time. Woman have all the legal rights men do, shutup already and stop trying to blame men for any issue you have. Not to mention I bet your tone would be alot different if men were walking around the office with tight elastic pants on so you can see the full size and definition of their penis or testicle "assets". I'm sure that would be "sexual harassment" or a "conspiracy to oppress woman through masculine flaunting".

Bleh, barely even worth wasting my breath, pathetic.
edit on 17-12-2010 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I completely disagree with your interpretation. It is merely your employer covering their collective ass in the event of any possible sexual harassment allegations arising from copious cleavage.

That being said, why is it a big deal to be asked to to something like this? Breasts are distracting to an enormous percentage of people.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join