It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Reveal Secret Climate Talks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Diplomatic cables released by Wikileaks last week confirmed suspicions that the U.S. and Chinese governments held secret talks to undermine worldwide climate emission agreements. According to the cables, in May 2009, Senator John Kerry told the Deputy Prime Minister in Beijiny, Minister Li Kequiang, that they would draw up “a new basis for ‘major cooperation‘ between the United States and China on climate change.”

The cables happened prior to the U.N. climate change conference in Copenhagen that same year (COP15), by all accounts considered to be a failure from an environmental standpoint since both the U.S. and China would not commit to enforced emission reduction targets. Secret discussions between the two countries to resist emissions targets began under President George W. Bush, and helped ensure that no lasting impact would be made by the Kyoto Protocol in 1997, the first attempt to institute worldwide emission reductions, particularly from industrialized nations.

Of course deals are made behind closed doors. Of course everyone serves their own agendas.

But we just speculate; Wikileaks has proof.

Thank you Wikileaks.

edit on 16-12-2010 by Crakeur because: removed petition link. we don't allow recruiting on ATS

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Thanks for posting this.

Another "of course" is that if these documents said something about people holding secret meetings to enforce the "UN agenda" of reducing emissions, this thread would have 8903765 flags and responses making fun of Al Gore and those arrogant scientists.

But because this leak actually reveals the complete opposite, of course all it gets is awkward, uncomfortable silence...

*sigh* I used to have so much faith that one day conspiracy theorists would rise up and change the world. I now realize most of them are even bigger sheep than all the regular sheeple

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Hi sofi ... listen, do you think you can link the story source and the relevant cables for review?

Originally posted by mc_squared

But because this leak actually reveals the complete opposite, of course all it gets is awkward, uncomfortable silence...

*sigh* I used to have so much faith that one day conspiracy theorists would rise up and change the world. I now realize most of them are even bigger sheep than all the regular sheeple

It happens a lot ...

Trying to incorporate this kind of real info into the NWO green agenda requires time for logic twisting and the like ... they'll try though, you'll see.

But hey, next time someone talks about the big man made climate change fraud, just link this and ask them to explain how the two most powerful countries in the world are secretly colluding to evade compliance when that is supposedly what their secret agenda is. But get ready for 'this is all part of their double reverse secret plan to trick us.'

edit on 16 Dec 2010 by schrodingers dog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Thanks SD. Unfortunately I've already tried all sorts of logical and critical thinking exercises on them that challenge their misguided notions of what the real fraud in the climate debate is.

I've shown them highly provocative and informative videos like this one that really expose how much the Bush White House conspired to deny climate change:

Google Video Link

I've shown them leaked memos from the American Petroleum Institute that clearly state their agenda to generate "uncertainty" on climate science amongst the general public.

I've shown them videos of the most prominent skeptic scientists admitting in their own words they are funded by the fossil fuel industry.

And yeah - pretty much every time I do, I either get told how much more brainwashed this all makes me, or just shrieked at like I'm some kind of witch doctor trying to show them voodoo magic or something.

"He's trying to think independently of the herd! Let's get 'im" *cue torches and pitchforks*

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
This is just NWO disinformation using reverse-evidence. Do not buy it, this is fake and will make the NWO control the internet and poke you while you sleep (sexually).

Oh, and Ron Paul is a 1/3 reptilian, 1/3 space-dolphin, 1/3 human hybrid so be careful with what he says.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

would that be because we have all said that climate change is real and just don't like the fact it's man made climate change very big difference isn't it. Especially when volcanoes are pumping more gas out than we can produce in a decade. Sheesh unreal you still believe that we have caused it wake up to wahts going on it's all a money making scheme another way to make us have no money again. Go look at where it started we all serve the U.N who i believe strongly is the NWO and it's getting harder and harder to get away

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Oh good lawd. Here it is, from eMagazine:

Wikileaks Reveal Secret Climate Talks

Also see Der Speigel

...will try to find wiki cables.

edit on 17/12/10 by soficrow because: to add

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Great catch!
Kerry has never been the brightest to begin with...

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
We need to get more programs like wikileaks. i think more people need to step up and start truely (sp.) helping humanity.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by zeon9010

Me too.

fyi - there are a number of new sites that say they'll do the same thing that Wikileaks is doing. Plus, there are Wikileaks mirror sites. So now, all we need to do is figure out which ones are real and which aren't...

new topics

top topics

join