It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God has a name

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I have three bibleversions and only one of these three has a name in it for God. The two others only refer to Him as Lord. The pocketone names Jehovah. I have more feeling with the book where His name is used. It reads easyier and when I open it I come upon more interesting parts to read. It's a 1995 translation, I haven't got the copy with me now. ofcourse..

So here my name for God is Jehovah. Almighty souvereign Lord God Jehovah.

njah, that's about it? Super thread ain't it.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

I thought his name was Yahweh?

Isn't it?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

yep, Yahweh, that's also the name I was told to use when I was a kid. We learned it in school. Yahweh sounds more friendly. Something tells me to keep using that name. I bet i do.

So almighty souvereign lord God Yahweh is the name.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
For prayers, Jesus taught us to use 'Father'.

should we..

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
There's a whole long list of different names that are used in different scriptures and things here

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
nice names. Elohim, EL...ELO, ELOHIM

Adonai looks like a real friendshipname.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
There's a sci-fi short story called the " million names of God" or the "billion names of God" something along those lines ( can't recall the author.) In it the Buddhist monks believe:"once all the names of God are written the universe will end". In the story ; there's A monastery full of monks who've been working on it. They finally collect enough money to have a supercomputer built and installed to find and list the"billion names of God". They are gathered around it eagerly watching as the computer is finishing its task. As it prints the last 5 names early in the dark morning the stars in the sky start to go out one by one .

edit on 16-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
You poor deluded souls the being or beings you refer to as god, lord, yahweh, jehova, whatever is but an alien with technology beyond ours. Who in the past enslaved mankind and forced our ancestors to submit and worship to them. my questions to you the faithful believers who follow in "blind faith" is this: does it matter the name of god? what has said deity done for you? what miracles have been performed for your faithfulness? whats in it for you? what is your "gods" energy source? what created your god? what are your gods weaknesses? what are his strengths? why did your so called god create us? was he she it bored? my questions are endless and I have posed them to priests, monks, and the faithful like yourselves all without answers. well I am seeking truth not blind faith so sorry if i have offended your fragile ego's with my questions perhaps you can derive strength from your belief in an external god. but the truth which is rarely ever pretty is GOD IS WITHIN. a force, energy, source that exists within every single being the spark that is life. is god so worshiping aliens with superior tech and hidden agenda's is just global madness which we call religion. Your own bible states the kingdom of heaven is within. are you all contradicting your own faith by looking for and naming an external god? look within. if you don't find what your looking for or don't like what you see, look deeper.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

"The Nine Billion Names of God" by Arthur C. Clarke. Cool story indeed!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
God is love, right? And as The Source, he fills us with life? So obviously, God's name is Phil. Phil Storge, I believe. He has hockey jerseys with that on it and everything. Canadiens jerseys most likely. The number on it is 1.6180339887...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
There is only One name for God And you can find it in "every version" of the Bible

Exodus 3:13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?

Exodus 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Jehovah is not a word, as it was a error that someone added the vowels incorrectly to the Tetragrammaton in the 13th century. The correct way should be YHWH..Which is a verb.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Science can never find what god is for he is that he is. It is a too broad field where God has His hand in. As I told before, his ways are too many to get an all encompassing explanation for what he is.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

I got is, we speak Gods name daily while we breathe!! Breathe and thy shalt be a follower! YHWH, YH in and WH out!

Breathe and feel love, feel loved. Feel loved on your own and go into the world and make friendS. The Lord is inside of yourself.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
For those who still wonder, sing along:

iyeahehe

top topics

join