It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to Leave America (even be it naked)?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I can understand why the OP would consider leaving with the way this country has gone downhill, I to have been very disgusted and have felt it hopeless. I will never leave though. I have spent over a half of a century here and I will die here. This is my country and I for one will fight and die for it if and when that time comes and I do believe it is coming. Will we be able to take our country back? It's doubtful, but there is always a possibility. It all depends really on how many people are awake and helps out at the time to take it back. The future will answer all these questions.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by machines4200

You're right, I would send my wife and children some place safe, if something were to happen.

I myself would stay and protect others who can not leave, who will be taken to camps or killed.

I WILL NOT LEAVE!

MEN and WOMEN fight don't be cowards.

Yes you will be allowed back, that is the beauty of the freedom we fight for, but if you are an able body and are running to protect yourself, I have no respect for you.

I never said I want to be president. I do not want anarchy, I want our country back and our government to respect our rights as men.

I do not want violence and feel we can win without violence (at least for now), but I will not cower if it means protecting our rights, and our children's rights.

What kind of country do we want our kids living in?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

This "new America" sounds wonderful...however, HOW are you going to get from point (A) where we are now...a miserable country drowning in debt...to point (B) the new and wonderful dreamland of America?????? You will need a huge army to take over this mess and I just don't see people putting down their *joy sticks* or whatever they're called these days...getting off facebook long enough to actually deal with anything or taking time away from the kardashians tv programming to come up for air...you see my point...people are too dumbed down and think that fighting the govt is really worth it. Most people can't comprehend what's happening. They won't even know or believe it's happening when it does...it's called the normalcy bias.

I want to go to protect my family...I have two little ones to think of..and if it means turning my back to a revolution and not being able to return than so be it.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

just cause we can all agree that the debt is bs... i dont think the people to whom the debt is owed will just forget about it.

Dont get me wrong dude you have heart and thaats good.. i just think its to far deep to dig out of. the gov' will never let people fight back. If you even so much as start seriously planning to over throw the gov' then your a terrorist. and you will go to jail for conspiring against your gov.

Trust me there is nothing more id love to see then this "New America". Then the entire world would be a better place. Then maybe i wouldnt be pissed off every time America drags Canada into their issues.

If this was happening id gladly be part of it any way i could.. even if its not my country.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Leave? gimme a break. A couple hundered years ago, when the crap got bad, our forefathers decided to dig in and make them better. That is what is wrong with people today. They run away from their responsabilities. Stay. Stay and do what is right. There are enough people in this country that care about it, that nobody is gonna run them off.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I'm not going anywhere. The question is, what are the street signs that will tell you the road is going off the cliff, and you might want to get off that road.

If Bromm had stayed to fight to make Germany a better place in 1938, she would have been gassed, burned or starved. Does that make her unpatriotic that she was smart enough to get out while she could, when we all know she couldn't have affected any change because it was too late?
edit on 15-12-2010 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by machines4200

just cause we can all agree that the debt is bs... i dont think the people to whom the debt is owed will just forget about it.
Who cares what they think? What are they going to do, come and repossess the Capitol building?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift
reply to post by pirhanna

Now, if our own troops turn on us (no, not Kent State level), it's time to hit the road, but until then, I think I'll ride this one out.

When, not if that happens, it will already be too late to leave, and unfortunately, that time is swiftly coming

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by vivalarevolution

Now, if our own troops turn on us (no, not Kent State level), it's time to hit the road, but until then, I think I'll ride this one out.

When, not if that happens, it will already be too late to leave, and unfortunately, that time is swiftly coming

There are a lot of the troops that will defend the Constitution, but I'm afraid that there are more that would fire against the people, and yes the time is coming swiftly. Be prepared.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

LOL.

Na, im not even American and i want all those things for you. like i said dont get me wrong.. id love for your gov' to eat @#$% and die so good hearted people can have their country back. Hell i would even want that for Canada and Canada doesnt even have many problems. But i wouldnt look down on someone for leaving. Some may be leaving for their familys.. some may not be fighters.. you cant expect everyone to gladly take a billy club to the head for their country. I have never once looked at someone who brought their family here from Iran or Iraq or other places that were in deep political problems at a time (before the problems now obviously) and considered them cowards or pussys for not staying and fighting..

Family first man.. if you wanna die for your country and leave your wife and kids without a father then so be it.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by machines4200

[the gov' will never let people fight back]
I agree with you on your post. I think the way to go against
the gov is with the law.
The city people need to hold town hall meetings. With their
appointed sheriff. He has the power to deputize the whole county.
Therefore you are behind the law and doing it legally. Your
sheriff has a lot of power.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 19rn50

only problem is the law is just as corrupt if not working with the gov.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee

Originally posted by vivalarevolution

There are a lot of the troops that will defend the Constitution, but I'm afraid that there are more that would fire against the people, and yes the time is coming swiftly. Be prepared.

What troops are trained to do is follow orders, no questions. So, though I'd like to think our brothers and sisters in the military would stop the ptb, I really don't think they will. They will be an instrument for rounding us up in the name of national security.

So where are those troops now? The Constitution has been trampled, spit upon, run over, and is lying in a grave in tatters. What military men and women are standing up saying, hey, you can't silence freedom of speech. You can't stop journalism (wikileaks), you can't close off accounts for political reasons (amazon, paypal, mastercard). Where are those people?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

That there is a real good suggestion but before you go tossing around ideas like that you may want to add in a few "clarifying" statements. For instance your need for nakedness should be directly related to your hotness, misshapen people and those with "weirdness" ie: a third nipple should NEVER be naked in public.
Also, it is not a good idea for an entire city or village to get naked at the same time. Imagine walking into Starbucks and seeing you granny naked, that is the kind of Freudian disaster that gives folks nightmares!
Just trying to be helpful.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

You don't have to physically leave the geographical location. You can leave from right where you are. All you have to do is click the heels of your ruby shoes and say "I waive the benefits and I opt out."

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel

. And I stand by my statement that it's the run and hide mentality thats gotten us into this mess. And it doesn't matter what I am doing I am not the one contemplating on giving up on my country and leaving or even entertaining the thought there of. Too many people have given their life for the ground you stand on and what freedoms you have.

'Run and hide' mentality? Really? Somehow I think we missed the part about 'self-preservation' along the way. And I believe you should say 'freedoms you HAD'...not have.

This planet is EVERYONE'S planet. Why think of yourself as solely 'American' when thinking of yourself as 'Human' is so much more liberating? Why settle for willingly being compartmentalized and branded socially or politically as one thing and then choosing to support the system when it's obviously becoming a hardship on your life? Sometimes, no matter how you hard try, things simply aren't worth the time and energy to try fixing. There are some giants you simply cannot stand against.

Being stuck in one's own country and not experiencing the rest of world is akin to a slow,lonely death. Once you have traveled and lived outside of your own country,you are able to see things from a much wider perspective and come to better understand who you are,what the world is about and what your choices really are. True liberation comes from this wider perspective which is achieved through exploration and self-education.

Live the life you want to live even it means leaving behind the one you know. Those who came before us and fought for us would surely approve if you chose to use said freedom to leave in order to pursue a better life no matter where that journey takes you. Sometimes the best strategy is to regroup and retreat and it doesn't always signify defeat. There is no shame in forging your own destiny. There is no shame in going against the grain and taking another path. There is shame however in not knowing when to move on and then paying a price for it. Live for YOU. Be yourself and the world will love you all the more for it. You are not a flag,a political party, a mindless service job,200 channels of generic,brain-rotting cable or a creaky,outdated currency system. The world awaits you. What will you choose?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
A "marker" would be standard of living. That would probably be the biggest.

It may be subjective, but it's the most accurate generalized meassure of your "happiness" when living in a country.

Originally posted by pirhanna

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
In reply to the OP, the marker when you know it is time to leave a country is when you no longer feel any pride or patriotism towards it. You may love your town, your state, your neighbors and family, but how do you feel about your leaders, the way the country is being run, the laws that are being passed?

I for one am an American, and I can't wait to leave this country. I can't do it right now for financial reasons but as soon as I have enough $$$ saved, I will leave without a second thought. The U.S. was once a place that inspired awe and love and patriotism, a symbol of prosperity, and look at it now. Corrupt politics everywhere, inefficient presidents time and time again, wasteful wars, literal poisons in our food, controlling corporations, a controlled mainstream media, multiple (legal) invasions of privacy, the state of the economy, and the list goes on. As much as I wish there was a way 'fix' this country, I know things have gone too far to EVER be reversed.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Unless you have a. Usable job skills / degree
b. Job or job waiting
c. Funds to support yourself more than 90 days
d. A place to stay
At minimum when you show up at any customs and immigration checkpoint in the world they will laugh reject your entry and send you back to your country of origin.. It takes time and preparation to relocate to another country and the requirements are getting stricter all the time. So if you think you can just pack up and move and get welcomed with open arms in another country.. Think again..

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Where will you go ?

I understand that America can never return to it’s “American Dream” days, but this is not just America, seems it is the whole world that has lost its soul.

So, Where can someone go ?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join