It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen Girls Getting Pregnant For an Audtion on MTV's "Teen Mom" ??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Well played sir .....

Are you still going to audition for MTV's True Life " I'm a woman in a mans body" episode.

... do you see Misoir .....

Do you see what these show's are doing to us !!!!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Well I could have if you didn't steal the darn spotlight at the auditions.

They had to call the whole thing off because they found their "Perfect star".

edit on 12/25/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Actually, a few days ago, it was announced teen pregnancy has hit a record low, and that the MTV show Teen Mom is a factor in the decrease of pregnancies.
So no, the show is not increasing the numbers of teenage mothers, it's doing the opposite.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by joshysway

Actualy that has to do with the economy, ... and not the show.

www.google.com...

Who's to say it wouldnt be lower ??

The show is not causing a marked increase of teen pregnancies, .... the point is, there are cases of girls getting intentionaly pregnant to audition for the show.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Actually, if you also do a google search of Teen Mom, you'll see all the articles that came out a few days ago, giving credit to Teen Mom for contributing to the decrease in pregnancies.
I'm sure there are some fame-starving girls out there willing to do anything to get on TV. But the studies suggest the show is helping.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

lol .....

How could it even be proven if a TV show was an influence in the decrease of teen pregnancies when it has already been attributed to the economy ??

I think its just MTV's publicists putting a positive spin on it.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

lol .....

How could it even be proven if a TV show was an influence in the decrease of teen pregnancies when it has already been attributed to the economy ??

I think its just MTV's publicists putting a positive spin on it.
How can iteven be proven girls are getting pregnant just to go on the show then?

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

According to hollywood insiders I.E. = producers, casting agents, ....... who are probably the ones dealing with these kids,

... yes, it would be a fact.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
reply to post by hotbakedtater

According to hollywood insiders I.E. = producers, casting agents, ....... who are probably the ones dealing with these kids,

... yes, it would be a fact.
Well, if you want to believe a probably situation, consisting of unnamed supposed Hollywood Insiders, be my guest.

I went to HS with plenty of girls who got themselves knocked up, and this was over twenty years ago and well before TV influenced these girls. Like I said it is not a new phenominom, and I dont believe girls are getting knocked up on purpose just to get on TV.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I do believe that is happening. To get their 5 minutes of fame. I think they forget the reality of having a child to raise for the next 18-20 years!

It happens in Australia due to the governments 'baby bonus' payment. Have a child and get $4-5000 (cant remember exactly how much) Young girls getting pregnant to cash in. There has been shows about it and girls admitting it and a lot of the time the money is gone within days on junk, new TVs, stereos etc.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join