It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Shadow" New US Army Vehicle.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I prefer the BRDM

looks better and is amphibious

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberGhost
Arnold Schwarzengger will be the first one to get it!

Don't mock our governator

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Darkside that is another class of vehicles this is a scout or recon vehicle with some combat capabilities a stryker could be compared with your vehicle.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Koka:

If you think this is the worst part of the site, you are free to your opinion. However, if you don't like this part of the site, then don't post. Or, better yet, don't even view it. How about that, instead of flaming someone's else enjoyment?

-wD

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
Who gives a ****.

This is the worst part of this site, ****** like yourselves getting ******* about military hardware.

Surely there are sites dedicated to this sort of ****?

"Alien" was a far superior film to "Aliens", not so for the intelectually challenged.

I'm not surprised some of you think "Aliens" was the best of the bunch, you can't get passed the firepower aspect of the movie, without knocking one out.

There is a Weaponry section on this forum for a reason I you dont like it stick to the politics and scandals section or what ever your intrest are.

As for what aliens movie is better thats your opinion I like action in my action movies whats so bad about that. The fire power thing dont mean crap Predator 1 had way more fire power then the second one. Does that make the second movie better then the first because its more ''intelectually''. I think not that movie sucked compared to the first one

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Seeing as how I've just been penalised for giving my opinion, i'll refrain from giving another, the moderators are doing a stirling job of protecting those who still think they're talking about Tonka toys.

If I have an opinion on Weaponry threads, where would I be best posting it? Maybe BTS, in the jokes section...!!

And before a moderator decides to deduct anymore points. This is a reply to a question posed to me, I don't believe it is an offence to answer..!!!

[edit on 7-7-2004 by Koka]

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Man I know how that goes I got 3 warns in 2 days before and I didn't even say nothing I got one for making fun of the French just give it like a week and the mods will forget all about you

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I'm a light wheel vehicle mechanic in the army. It looks like a piece of crap just like the HMMV to me. Parts military vehicles are like something you buy at walmart they break within 24 hours. Except no take it back to the store we just send for a new one with your tax dollars. I've worked on HMMVS for 4 years and know they suck and break easy. This is due to lowest bidder parts. I replaced 3 radiators, 4 generators, 2 starters, and 2 fans, 1heater, and numerous other parts on our personelle shop hmmv 3 times in 1 1/2 years. This is just one of many. But you gotta think the hmmv's I work on were made in 1987 to 1990 or so. So they are about 14 to 17 years old. And that old with hard use is gonna make a crappy vehicle.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Lowest bidder is just the way the goverment works Everything is like that Nasa is the same way. The M-4 a person uses in the military is made by the lowest bidder as is everything eles. Ive driven a civilian H1 and I loved the thing I got a chance to take it off road and it was great. I never driven the military version so I cant really say how different they are.But I hear stories on how people in the military beat on their Humvees so im not surprised if they are breaking down alot. But would you really want a military jeep designed in WW2 over a Humvee?

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Lot of differences between the civilian and military really. You can safely climb a 60% grade with an army hmmwv and cross 30 inches of water with a kit and 60 inches of water with a kit. Now think 60 inches is up to my stinking neck and I am over 6 feet tall. Pretty awesome capabilities, sucky parts.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Yeah with all the water flooding into the cab of the military version when they cross water like that I wouldnt want that In my $109,000 civilian version the interior is just too nice in them for that.

Are the parts in the civilian version made better then that of the military since its not lowest bidder made?

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
hey can the shadow mount weapons like a .50 cal or MK19

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I would hope so or it wouldnt be much of a army vehicle. I think it would use something like is pictured on the british vehicle on the first page. A turret that can be manned without sticking your head outside the vehicle. The army has already tested designs like this on Humvees though Im not sure what the results were I would think a design like that would have some good advantages

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
That thing looks like deformed hummer! I'ts ugly.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 05:57 AM
link   
It says it in the website it can mount a 50cal in the top also AD I think it looks better than a hummer and it is more advanced by far than a hummer.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Actually, the Shadow is very good at ground clearence and if you look at the bottom middle of the vehicle you see it bent up, that way it doesn't get high centered as much as the Hummer. And yes it does have air bags so it drops itself down to be smaller and fit in a chinook helo. Plus this vehicle is a hybrid you can turn off the deisel engine and run on a very quit electric one for 20 minutes. Personaly I like it.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Good point on it fitting in a Chinook. I heard that US Special Forces had to buy a bunch of modified Land Rovers because the hummer couldn't fit in a Chinook but the Land Rover could.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Don't the spec ops use dune buggy's why did they get land rovers I would have gotten a Cadillac escalade no that is a war machine

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
what have you got against Land Rovers west point??

Land Rovers are both practical military patrol veichles and mobile weapons veichles

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Nothing really I just like big things and the Cadillac escalade is way bigger than the land rover its almost a tank so that is why I would have chosen it put a couple of 50cals on the Cadillac OMG watch the...out!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join