It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Shadow" New US Army Vehicle.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   
The shadow is a new US army and USMC land vehicle which can be used for a variety of missions. The vehicle can be equipped in a range of mission variants including: forward observer, forward air control, reconnaissance, light strike, battlefield ambulance, air defense, logistics, personnel carrier, anti-armor and mortar weapons carrier. For a Command Post variant, the roof of the Shadow is extended.

The US Marine Corp and Special Operations Command are closely monitoring a new deep strike, deep reconnaissance vehicle program called Shadow. The Shadow is a Reconnaissance, Surveillance, Targeting Vehicle (RST-V), developed by General Dynamics Land Systems. The Shadow RST-V was developed for the Marine Corps Warfighting Laboratory, sponsored by the Defense Advanced Research Agency (DARPA) and the Office of Naval Research (ONR).

And isnt it the best looking combat vehicle you have ever seen

www.army-technology.com...

[edit on 5-7-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Impressive, i like it!

I'll take two.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Cool looks like a next generation Humvee I hope they make a civilian version like they did with the hummer.The thing just looks sweet I want one. Plus you can slam it to the ground its like having airbags in it too cool

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 02:06 AM
link   
One cool thing about this vehicle it has a motor or some kind of magnetic motor in each of its wheels so it is four wheel drive look kool and advanced but its lacking a little firepower and armament

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
There has not been much news about this vehicle for a while.

E_T

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 03:09 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I believe they showed that vehicle on Future Fighting Machines, its pretty impressive! The design is reminiscient of the APC from Aliens.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
here's a new British Army COMMAND AND LIAISON VEHICLE

www.army-technology.com...

thought you guys might like to see it

SORRY DIDN'T REALISE IT WAS FROM THE SAME SITE

[edit on 5-7-2004 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
pretty cool looking
it's pretty big too

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by rustiswordz
Impressive, i like it!

It reminds me of the craft used in Aliens Part II esp the wheels. Looks like it could kick some ass!

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
i have never seen that british vehicle in the battle field do they use that look kinda big how fast is that thing?

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   

It reminds me of the craft used in Aliens Part II esp the wheels. Looks like it could kick some ass!

I loved the APC they used in that movie the way the turret slid back for air transport. The only thing that didnt look good for it was its ground clearance but it was a movie so ill overlook it.

By the way Aliens 2 was the best one in the series though I have hopes for ALiens vs Predator this summer

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   

I couldnt stop myself from posting a pic of it sorry. The rims look kind of like that on the shadow

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard

dude that truck looks awesome.

E_T

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
The only thing that didnt look good for it was its ground clearance but it was a movie so ill overlook it.

Maybe it was designed for "urban" fighting where everyplace is leveled and paved.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Arnold Schwarzengger will be the first one to get it!

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Who gives a ****.

This is the worst part of this site, ****** like yourselves getting ******* about military hardware.

Surely there are sites dedicated to this sort of ****?

"Alien" was a far superior film to "Aliens", not so for the intelectually challenged.

I'm not surprised some of you think "Aliens" was the best of the bunch, you can't get passed the firepower aspect of the movie, without knocking one out.

[edit on 7-7-2004 by Koka]

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Looks like a cheap knock off of a humv. and the last pic loks like a jeep liberty. Not impressed at all. sorry.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
How about one of these:

It's the new Batmobile!

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
why do i picture these sitting out in front of the gap while thier yuppie owners shop?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join