It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police may ban future marches to prevent disorder

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

You see if you think the government owes them the money for a University Education , that is the problem. People are used to handouts and have come to think the world owes them everything. It is in essence saying people you don't know owe you money just because you exist.

I grew up with no Grants, no government guaranteed loans and I paid my way by working, the same way generations have before mine. It was hard, but if I can do it so can these kids. All it takes is the desire. Desire is the difference between success in life and failure. Going through life living on handouts is insane in fact.

The Government has no money. They take money away form those who produce it through hard work and innovation and then give it to others to buy votes or support. It's a simple thing. When kids start thinking money comes from thin air and do not understand that behind it is hard work and productivity, it is child abuse in my mind. You teach them that lesson by actually Parenting them.

Don't just hand them money, make them earn it. I praise my Father to this day for teaching me to work for what I get. He was very generous, but I also had to help in the Orchards and Fields to get his generosity. I started my first business at age 9. I hauled vegetables, berries and fruit around the neighborhood in an old Radio Flyer with wood sideboards. Later I sold to roadside stands. I made as much as some adults by the age of 12.

It never occurred to me I could not go to a University because my Father died and we were very poor. I just went out, found a job and paid for it myself. Then nobody expected the government to be their Mommies and Daddies.

Now if they were protesting for something real like a less intrusive government or lower taxes and more freedoms, that would a noble thing. This rioting for welfare is not. Like I said, what part of there is no more money don't they or anyone else for that matter, understand.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I am sadden by the unfolding events in UK, a civilised nation that had brought and taught much of its ways to the world, despite the rapacious greed by some of the forefathers.

The disorder must end. Protests or baning of protests by the police are NOT the solutions. Everyone needs to go down to the root of the problem inorder to end disorder and resolve the problem.

And the root of the problem is money, or more precisely, the lack of it. UK had no lack of this resource, and yet it readily succumbed to insidious demands by the Masters to curtail its circulation, cut spending, pay off the bankers while leaving the masses to starve.

By doing this, UK leaders had lost the mandate to rule over its people, for they were empowered by the masses to lead in progress and evolution and assisting every citizen to achieve common aims amongst its diverse people.

Many of them claim that it will be short term pain with the cuts, and the nation will right itself as time goes on with this direction. But unfortunately, NOT MANY will survive even in the short term under such policies. 2.5 million unemployed and rising, Corporations fleeing UK to robbed less well off nation's human capital resources while being paid with bailout funds, the list goes on.

And thus the protests.

A nation's greatest asset is its human capital. If that bond and trust between the commoners and the rulers is lost, only chaos will reign as seen. And such chaos are not caused by the lack of money, but only by greed from the elites. The Queen alone, just another equal human, holds much wealth that could have eradicated debt and paid for stimulas to create technically advance jobs in technology, services and health industry, not to mention the many more obscenely rich briton elites.

But instead, they decided to burn books, to deny children of funded education. Even an uneducated poor farmer knows how important education is. Education is not just about getting the best paying job. It is about uplifting the lives of others with improvements in the various needs of a society. Money is only a piece of paper and brings not happiness in the long term, for we came into this world with nothing and will leave it with nothing. This is what education is all about.

Governance is all about winning hearts and minds, to fight and live united for a common goal shared by everyone so that none gets left behind. After WW2 Japan's economy collapse and owed huge debts to other nations. The Japanese buckled up and work hard as a nation united, EVERYONE, both rich and poor suffered together and within 7 years, they paid off their debts, and the rest is history on the developement and evolution of the Japanese people.

It's all about hearts and minds, and European leaders with Authoritarian hang ups, had failed miserably as proven....
edit on 15-12-2010 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

The only money government has is the money they take by force from their citizens. It's a simple fact. The people have less money so they cannot give out as much candy to the takers, because the producers don't have it to give.

You can go to a dry well all you and wish all you want, but if there is no water?

The problem is the Politicians have bought us and addicted us to letting them control us. The more you take from them, the more they own you. It is the plan all along. Addict people to handouts and then when you take it away, you own them. They no longer know how to survive on their own. They no longer teach their children how to survive. We become totally dependent upon them.

One thing that amazed me is how cheap Universities are in the UK. They must be heavily subsidized already.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

In order for a society to thrive, 'handouts' are most certainly needed. No one citizen is a soveriegn state.
Could you have paid for education on your own?
Could you build roads by yourself to travel on?
Could you pay for private guards and how many to protect you?
Could you pay for the doctor to take care of your health?

I can go on, but you are an intelligent man and would have understood my point.

We NEED TO SHARE everything, from wealth to poverty, if a nation is progress and evolve. No man can do it alone, not even the rich unless he enslaves everyone, which is an impossibility itself for no human will want to remain a slave for himself and his generations. Humans do not enjoy living under a yoke.

What binds us all is for the achievement of common goals in life - peace, prosperity, equality, justice and progress, not only for ourselves but for our loved ones and those who loved us, despite our many layers of differences that seemed to divide us.

Pay taxes is the only way we can share wealth, transparently, as well as the sale of whatever products or resources we have, in order to take society to greater heights. But when such wealth is hoarded and selfish kept by the few and our common goals thrown out the window, that's when disorder arrives, as is happening in Europe and soon to the rest of the world.

May the elties within TPTB wakes up before its too late...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kolcath

Americans had two huge protests in Washington about the bankster bail outs, etc. They did not commit violence. But they protested. It did not do much good.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sara123123

It did much much more than you realised.

The elected got that peaceful message. They owe their living to the masses. If they failed this time, there won't be a next time to sit in their presently comfortable chair, or if things still continue for the worse, they may be physically booted out of that seat. There are limits that cannot go beyond the endurance of mankind and their loved ones.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by truthseeker1984

You see if you think the government owes them the money for a University Education , that is the problem.

Not once in my statement did I say that. I stated that the kids have grown up knowing that they would be able to go to University for very little money, and now the UK government is pulling the proverbial rug out from underneath their feet. It is wrong and you know it.

People are used to handouts and have come to think the world owes them everything. It is in essence saying people you don't know owe you money just because you exist.

Some people think that way. I can think of many in the USA that think that way: 3rd generation Welfare abusers. I agree with you on that point. I don't agree with you that these students don't deserve what the government has been giving them for years. At the very least, continue the current tuition rates for the students already enrolled. Don't punish them for the government's lack of foresight in their financial matters.

I grew up with no Grants, no government guaranteed loans and I paid my way by working, the same way generations have before mine. It was hard, but if I can do it so can these kids. All it takes is the desire. Desire is the difference between success in life and failure. Going through life living on handouts is insane in fact.

Well, I can tell you that for my education, there were not enough hours in the day to work and go to school and pay, in full, every semester for my room and board. I took government loans. I have to pay them back. Does that make me a bad person? I respect you for earning your education the hard way. Not enough people do that anymore. But it still doesn't change my views on the situation at hand.

The Government has no money. They take money away form those who produce it through hard work and innovation and then give it to others to buy votes or support. It's a simple thing. When kids start thinking money comes from thin air and do not understand that behind it is hard work and productivity, it is child abuse in my mind. You teach them that lesson by actually Parenting them.

This has nothing to do with parenting, in my opinion. This has everything to do with the UK government taking away a long standing program, which for many students, may be the only way to pay for a higher education. When was the last time that you saw jobs available anywhere in the world? Especially jobs that would pay for a college education? This is a program that has been in place for a long time. This money should be considered an investment in the future. The same people that you say work hard to produce the money for the government, probably also went through the same program in the UK: cheap education to further the education of the populous at large. How many of these students will have to drop out of University now because the UK government has "no more money?" How many of these students would have been the "movers and shakers" of the world? You see, this is a lesson in fiscal responsibility. Just as in the US with all the money spent on unjust wars, the UK did the same. Of course, this is only part of the problem. Both countries spent outside of their means, and that is just plain stupid. My question is why a group of people (the students) should be punished for the fiscal irresponsibility of an out of control government?

Don't just hand them money, make them earn it. I praise my Father to this day for teaching me to work for what I get. He was very generous, but I also had to help in the Orchards and Fields to get his generosity. I started my first business at age 9. I hauled vegetables, berries and fruit around the neighborhood in an old Radio Flyer with wood sideboards. Later I sold to roadside stands. I made as much as some adults by the age of 12.

Great. I'm glad to hear that you could do that. Nowadays a kid tries to open up a lemonade stand, and you have the IRS pigdogs showing up two hours later, and then the FDA, and the Health Inspector's office showing up an hour after that.

I think you're judging these students without even knowing them. How do you know that they don't help with a family business, or try to make money to pay for the amount of money that the UK government doesn't give them to go to school? You don't. You view them as spoiled, and just because you had a different set of circumstances in your life, makes their plight no less important than yours when you were growing up.

It never occurred to me I could not go to a University because my Father died and we were very poor. I just went out, found a job and paid for it myself. Then nobody expected the government to be their Mommies and Daddies.

Once again, that's how you grew up. It was a much different time in the world. These students have known nothing else, so therefore are justified in being angry about the rug being pulled out from underneath their feet. This doesn't mean they aren't working any less hard, or feel like they are entitled to something.

Look, I agree with less governmental controls in both the UK and the USA, but once you set a plan in place, and one as long standing as this one, it needs to be phased out over several years. Not all at once.

Now if they were protesting for something real like a less intrusive government or lower taxes and more freedoms, that would a noble thing. This rioting for welfare is not. Like I said, what part of there is no more money don't they or anyone else for that matter, understand.

This is "something real" as you so eloquently put it. Need I recite my case again? This isn't welfare in my opinion. This is a long standing program that I'm pretty sure their parents put tax dollars into to support. If I'm wrong then, by all means, correct me.

How would you feel if when you reach retirement age the US government says: "Sorry, but we're out of money that you put into your Social Security account over 40 years of work, so you won't be receiving social security benefits. Tough luck, but that's the breaks." This is basically what the UK government is telling this large body of students based on tax dollars going into this program. As I said before, if I'm wrong on this angle, then by all means, correct me.

Thank you for the lively debate, but I think we've gone off topic enough.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Your synopsis of the reason behind protests is spot on. While the economy has been in a downward spiral, bringing financial ruin to middle and low income people, the ultra rich have been thriving and getting richer. They are benefitting from everyone else's downfall.

That is unacceptable. Since our government is led by the nose by those uber wealthy there is no option but for the rest of us to protest and even riot if necessary to weild back some influence and control.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
This is just ridiculous. I only found out a few years ago that to strike, you have to organise it with the company you work for first, and give them notice. What ever happened to just giving them the good old two fingered salute?

They can try and stop these (mainly) peaceful protests, but there's going to come a time when it will erupt in all out violence. Just think back to the riots in Toxteth in the 80's, people will fight back if they are feel like they are being oppressed

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I keep telling everyone.

Governments will continue to abuse of our rights and freedoms.

Life will continue to be harder and harder during the next 5-10 years.
And there will be more and more social, political and economic unrest.

But eventually, by 2020-2025, we will see a massive wave of uprisings, revolutions and conflicts, which will result in a societal shift so big, that will be comparable to before and after WWII, probably for the better. This is a 84 years cycle that you can easily trace back.

You can read more of what I have written here.

edit on 16-12-2010 by segurelha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by muddyhoop

They wish to ban marches to prevent disorder, but I think if they do this they will find out what disorder truly looks like.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join