It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police may ban future marches to prevent disorder

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by shakennotstirred

Not only that but from what I understand many are corupt, afiliated or members of masonic lodges in the UK.
It is really the establishment that this kids are trying to fight off. The police it's self is a corupt institution.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
With the current approach of front loading the cuts, I have wondered how long before the police themselves start to protest the cuts they'll face?

Police Face 15% funding cuts

There have been claims that up to 18,000 police jobs will be lost as a result of this 20% cut in Whitehall funding.

tho the numbers being thrown around are in dispute, what should not be disputed is the police are stuffed should these protests grow in strength and numbers.

edit on 15/12/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

Why should they be stuffed? just call in the Army for our own safety of course!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

I don't stereotype them as such though as I have a few friends that have gone into the Police and I am certain they are good people.

It is of course a power structure and the idea that a secret members club could have influence on who rises this power structure is deeply worrying.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
It seems like the UK keeps losing rights and is becoming or has become nanny state. That is just my outside observation, I have yet to visit the country.

I do want to know if there water supply is flourinated like it is here in the US. There is a little of talk on here about Americans becoming 'soft' and complaint to a lot of things and I can't help but wonder if that has something to do with it.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet

The Crown owns the streets and all of the UK

“Queen Elizabeth II the largest landowner on Earth.”

Queen Elizabeth II, head of state of the United Kingdom and of 31 other states and territories, is the legal owner of about 6,600 million acres of land, one sixth of the earth’s non ocean surface.

She is the only person on earth who owns whole countries, and who owns countries that are not her own domestic territory. This land ownership is separate from her role as head of state and is different from other monarchies where no such claim is made ... www.whoownstheworld.com...

Actually, The Crown does not signify the Queen, that's another trick played on the people. The Crown signifies the Vatican Crown, therefore the Pope. Apparently, centuries ago, the Vatican claimed ownership of everything on earth...all the land, the possessions of the people including their bodies and their soul. I believe the Queen holds them (us all) in trust for the Vatican, lol!

edit on 15-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

I do believe there are many similarities today to that situation that led to the rise of fascism in Germany. Look how the US has "put away" the fellow that made the leaks. Julian Assange is "put away" for something that doesn't even count as a crime under British law.

We are in the early stages now of an attempted swing away from democracy and towards a totalitarian corporatocracy.

Did it not occur to anyone to question whether the heavy handed police tactics that are draining their budgets are even remotely valid or proportional to risks? If they didn't try to corrale or "kettle" protesters they might not have such a dire situation to deal with. They need to look internally before they seek to void more freedoms.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by PRSuk

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
With the current approach of front loading the cuts, I have wondered how long before the police themselves start to protest the cuts they'll face?

Police Face 15% funding cuts

There have been claims that up to 18,000 police jobs will be lost as a result of this 20% cut in Whitehall funding.

tho the numbers being thrown around are in dispute, what should not be disputed is the police are stuffed should these protests grow in strength and numbers.

edit on 15/12/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

Why should they be stuffed? just call in the Army for our own safety of course!

Well for one it would be a game changer.. the British Army policing the streets of Britain! how close to civil war would that put us?...

I'm not saying it won't happen.. I just feel the way things are going that approach would put the elite's necks on the line, which I can not see them being happy about.. (especially the bit about their necks being on the line)

I feel sure if we where going down that route some external conflict would be much more preferable to them than getting the British army to police the streets of Britain.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

we lost our steam in 1970, we lost 4 to TPTB enforcers, i think that was the last hura, since then it has just been riots nothing more nothing less, some might say the mil man march was it, to me no, for it was not a march for all, but one. if there was steam left were is the anti war anti establishment marches? i may have Benn 5 years old at the time, but i knew what was happening, unlike now.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by muddyhoop

Surly they cant do that?

I think its bad that they have to agree to a certain route for the protests as it is. Shouldnt protests be about doing something to make the govt listen to us? They cant tell us how to protest.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
It seems like the UK keeps losing rights and is becoming or has become nanny state. That is just my outside observation, I have yet to visit the country.

I do want to know if there water supply is flourinated like it is here in the US. There is a little of talk on here about Americans becoming 'soft' and complaint to a lot of things and I can't help but wonder if that has something to do with it.

No actually our water is not. There was a quietly effective campaign against it - mostly by women in their 60's. I'm not that age yet - but I hope when I am I still care as much as these women did. They were so effective at targeting their protest even though there was only a few of them involved (it hardly made a mention in the press - but they still put a stop to it) - they drew on their life experience. That's what we must do.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

Articles 114, 115, 117, 118, 123, 124 and 153 of the Constitution of the German Reich are suspended until further notice. It is therefore permissible to restrict the rights of personal freedom [habeas corpus], freedom of opinion, including the freedom of the press, the freedom to organize and assemble, the privacy of postal, telegraphic and telephonic communications. Warrants for House searches, orders for confiscations as well as restrictions on property, are also permissible beyond the legal limits otherwise prescribed.

This is the text of the Reichstag Fire Decree passed in response to the parliament being burned down in 1933. Article 123 was the freedom of assembly. These people love the NAZI's - they study the NAZI methods and they understand how Hitler, with a minority, was able to transform a nation of 63 million seemingly overnight. It is unabashed evil.

How is this any different to the patriot act and various other executive orders?

different country though

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sentinel412
reply to post by wcitizen

People in the U.K. are not sheeples. They already know what is going on in the background. Same happened in my country, similar odds, similar tactics... then we've won against the TPTB.

I don't know what country you're from, but I'm glad you guys won against TPTB. It is what needs to happen in every country.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Wow, they really are doing all they can to piss these students off.

you think they are rioting now, try taking there freedom to march in protest away.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The only reason the police force is "strained" is because they orchestrated it that way. The only reason the events are considered "violent" (bit of a stretch by the way) is because they organized it that way.

They are literally straining and "starving" the "army" if you will, so they will become frustrated, irritated and aggressive. Compounded with the media spin, and the corralling and provoking techniques at rallies. All of this will cause what they want it to cause; an unorganized, hectic revolt of which they can throw all their force out and claim "I win".

The world is steadily shifting to a plutocracy, corporate fascism, and total warmongering. They will exploit the have-nots to no end to achieve their goals. Including the youth, and their education. They want a dark catalyst for more of their plans.

I don't really know what the best plan is here. Pretty much going to lose either way, so might as well stick to the demonstrations and hope people open their eyes before it doesn't matter anymore.. not that it really does anyway.

At least we can all leave a small footnote in history, footnotes that say people resisted and cared. So that people several generations from now can read it and weep about their abysmal existence.
edit on 15-12-2010 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
What people will say in the future:

"I didn't protest the removal of the 2nd amendment rights because I didn't own a gun."
"I didn't protest the removal of my first amendment rights because I didn't have much to say."
"I didn't protest the removal of all my other rights, because I couldn't protest anymore."

Check mate is soon...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
All right America. You ready to lose your 1st amendment rights? Well ready or not because here it comes.

THE TIME TO PROTEST IS NOW.

The pressure is rising, and we are about to become criminals for voicing any negative opinions about the poeple running the show.

THESE MEN AND WOMEN ARE CRIMINALS.

This is their final plan to take away true freedom. Any of you who believe this is for your own safety should pull your head out of wherever is is and realize what they are going to do!!! By now theres been people predicting this for at least the last 4 to 5 years and yet none of us have taken any steps to prevent it.... In fact we've helped them push it right along because of APATHY and LAZINESS, BUT MOST OF ALL FEAR.

Our brothers and sisters in Britain are fighting a battle that will soon come here. We must act now before it's too late for us. GOOD LUCK BRITAIN.

It's time to shed fear and stand up for ourselves. Very soon people like me are going to be labeled as criminals because I choose FREE WILL and LIBERTY. Very soon the government will try to put people like me behind bars for taking a stand against corruption. Very soon they will do the same to you.

Do you like being able to think how you want to think and act how you want to act? Can you be responsible for your own life? Do you want the government to help you put your diapers on every morning? DO ANY OF YOU REMEMBER THE TASTE OF BEING FREE MEN AND WOMEN?

THE TIME IS NOW. I don't know how many times we have to go over it for it to stick, but we are running out of hours to make something happen. Each day that goes by is another day wasted. We need to get out to DC and tell them we aren't playing by their rules any more. We need to remind them that the PEOPLE, not the politicians or the banksters, are the ones who run this country. AND WE MUST MAKE A REAL CHANGE.

I am pleading with you America, I am begging you to WAKE UP. SMACK YOURSELVES IN THE FACE AND OPEN YOUR EYES TO THEIR CORRUPTION.

Our Bill of Rights was given to us by the founders of our country as a reminder that WE ARE SUPPOSED TO DO OUR DUTY AS FREE MEN AND WOMEN; WHEN THE GOVERNMENT STARTS ACTING LIKE IT'S ACTING NOW, WE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR TAKING IT BACK AND MAKING OUR COUNTRY SANE AGAIN.

PLEASE HELP ME TAKE A STAND.

I can't do it alone. If we got together with one UNITED VOICE, and told them WE ARE DONE WITH YOUR TYRANNY, they would be forced to listen. WE MUST DO THIS. WE WILL HAVE NO FUTURE IF WE DON'T.

edit on 15-12-2010 by W3RLIED2 because: (no reason given)

I hear what your saying. Im standing by you. However I have one issue with your timing. The keyword here is "timing" my friend. If we start this to early we loose. We must be patient this is critical to our success. Let them utter just one word of control, then we take back our freedoms and lives. Please Please be patient. The time is near.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod

They lost their rights when they let them take their gun rights

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty
reply to post by muddyhoop

Surly they cant do that?

I think its bad that they have to agree to a certain route for the protests as it is. Shouldnt protests be about doing something to make the govt listen to us? They cant tell us how to protest.

ever hear of NWO? Europe is the head of NWO, america is standing next to them quietly siding, helping with them, once they set it all in motion america THINKS it will happen here....

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Free speech - protests - precludes the alternative - civil war. I think it is a bad idea to put a cork in the soda bottle that is the free world. Oppression only works in Muslim and communist countries because of the sheer, animalistic brutality of those governments. Is the British government ready to go there?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join