It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Gets Tells Truth On CNN! Says Wikileaks Deliberate Attempt To Close Down Internet!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
Originally posted by MrXYZ

I agree with all your points. WL disclosures has exposed some dirt on my country too, and I'm pleased it is being exposed. Out in the open those issues can now be subjected to public scrutiny, FOIA requests, etc. We need to keep shining the light on this 'secrecy' until they can no longer operate the way they are used to.

edit on 16-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

Fear became the ultimate tool of this government.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

Good evening, London. Allow me first to apologize for this interruption. I do, like many of you, appreciate the comforts of every day routine- the security of the familiar, the tranquility of repetition. I enjoy them as much as any bloke. But in the spirit of commemoration, whereby those important events of the past usually associated with someone's death or the end of some awful bloody struggle are celebrated with a nice holiday. I thought we could mark this November the 5th, a day that is sadly no longer remembered, by taking some time out of our daily lives to sit down and have a little chat.

There are of course those who do not want us to speak. I suspect even now, orders are being shouted into telephones, and men with guns will soon be on their way. Why? Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, think, and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillence coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame?

Well, certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now High Chancellor, Adam Sutler. He promised you order, he promised you peace, and all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent. Last night I sought to end that silence.

Last night I destroyed the Old Bailey, to remind this country of what it has forgotten. More than four hundred years ago a great citizen wished to embed the fifth of November forever in our memory. His hope was to remind the world that fairness, justice, and freedom are more than words, they are perspectives. So if you've seen nothing, if the crimes of this government remain unknown to you, then I would suggest you allow the fifth of November to pass unmarked. But if you see what I see, if you feel as I feel, and if you would seek as I seek, then I ask you to stand beside me one year from tonight, outside the gates of Parliament, and together we shall give them a fifth of November that shall never, ever be forgot.

OMG, they're recreating the movie in real life

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I agree. what is really known about Ron Paul. This is the state the powers that be have set upon humanity total confusion. Its getting harder to weed out the good from the bad.If you havent researched thoughrly your even less in the know. Theres no reason to believe that wikileaks is on the up and up since Assange has accepted the govt version of 911 and the media outlets that are to control what is actually leaked are corrupt........new york times, the guardian etc.....One thing we can all agree on is there goin for information control over the internet and dont kid yourself, they have been on this for years probably.Who knows what the goofs control on here including ATS and other well known sites. You cant trust much these days and one should question everything. Ron Paul included ,he sounds good , but is he good. Lets find out or at least try.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

What he meant by saying WikiLeaks is an attempt to shut down the internet is that it is a kind of false flag operation -- Have an organization with no ties to government (but actually is connected) leak sensitive documents, claim that they are causing all kinds of mayhem and get widespread support for tightening controls on free speech via the internet. Look at how many media outlets are on board, screaming for Assange's head on a pike. Do you think they really know what the hell they are talking about? They are told to say that, to get people to agree that they need to be regulated.

Sounds familiar, right? 9/11=Patriot Act -- WikiLeaks=Whatever regulations they have ready to restrict free speech. After all, the internet and the ability to exchange information freely is not conducive to absolute control by the elites.

Don't be fooled by the play, folks. It's an act on a stage, and they are hoping the audience will suspend disbelief and start clapping.

edit on 16-12-2010 by AwakeinNM because: Changed text to get rid of accidental smiley face

edit on 16-12-2010 by AwakeinNM because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Yeah, I really do appreciate the awarness he's raising on various issues and I always listen to what he has to say but I just don't see any changes coming out of it.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
this thread should be closed and tide off, i realize several others have told the op that ron paul did not say that wikileaks was intentionally trying to shut off the internet, I really dont care if you were in a hurry op as switching and twisting a mans words can get you killed in some countries, before you post again doubled check yourself as ron paul is about the only one fighting the good fight and it urkes me to hi heaven when people such as yourself twist his words

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
This was a classic hit piece on Ron Paul by CNN. They first set the stage by quoting his book out of context and cherry picking information to make him look crazy. This plants a pre-concieved notion with the viewers, thus when he was interviewed, people wouldn't take what Dr. Paul says as serious or true. Then, this tv-tabloid personality continues to make outrageous claims, only to cut him off repeatedly on his rebuttals to ensure that her point of view gets across while his doesn't. Then to close out the interview, she connects him with the "Tea Party", a movement that has been hijacked by the neo-cons and turned into the whole left-right paradigm because most CNN viewers are against the 'neo Tea Party' in the first place. This pretty much directs her viewers to wash anything that he might have said which could have possibly gotten through to them, so that they can then go back to sleep peacefully while the status-quo marches on.

If this doesn't underscore the point that CNN is simply a propaganda wing of the status quo, then I don' know what will and anyone who still considers CNN as having credibility, is pretty much hopeless (they aren't merely sleeping but rather in a coma). CNN is nothing more than a tabloid which spreads propaganda for those interests strangling this country to death. What a joke!

This was a clear attempt by CNN to put their viewers back to sleep in case they may have accidently been disturbed in their sleep by everything going on and the waves made by Ron Paul.

On another note and for whatever it's worth, I'm sure that Ron Paul will suffer from heart problems or even a plane crash before he forces any transparency in the Federal Reserve, unfortunately. The people are simply too fast asleep and too ignorant for this kind of change to come about, especially when CNN can do something as blatant as this and still expect to garner credibility from anyone. Just the fact that they realize they can do this and still appear balanced or impartial is telling in its own right.

What really gets me, is many people will go on and on about the North Korean, Chinese or Iranian media, though they completely fail to see that our media is much more effective at censoring news than in those countries. In those countries (listed above), at least they understand that their media is controlled. Our public is fooled into believing that they have a Fourth Estate, when we don't and that is the most dangerous thing of all.

Our mind is of three categories: What we know, what we don't know and what we don't know we don't know. Not knowing is unfortunate; not knowing that we don't know is tragic." --W. Erhart

--airspoon
edit on 16-12-2010 by airspoon because: Grammar and added last paragraph

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

Wow, from the current releases, what I see is that Brazil has a new generic drug for AIDS ready for the market - but the large US based drug companies (Merck's HIV drug Stocrin -scientific name: efavirenz) are pushing their heavy hand to block Brazil from releasing anything that competes with the large suppliers of non-generic AIDS related drugs.

This crap just goes on and on - worldwide! No wonder the World is angry - at every turn to help themselves and save lives - they are shunned financially and stone walled!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
They can't "close down" the Internet. Aside from being virtually impossible, not only our country, but all countries would economically collapse. Far too much business is now done on the Internet.

I could believe they want to mandate much firmer restrictions and control however, which is also very bad.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay Electronica
reply to post by wcitizen

Yeah, I really do appreciate the awarness he's raising on various issues and I always listen to what he has to say but I just don't see any changes coming out of it.

I know, change is what we really need and want to see..but we will see what he manages to do about the Fed now he has got that position.

second

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Though you and I don't always agree, I must say, I do appreciate your well thought out responses. Your above post is truly remarkable, by identifying the true nature of the beast. I have to fully agree, that CNN is nothing more than a televised "enquirer", and anyone who actually believes that CNN is unbiased is truly clouded.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The first thing they do is begin with Dr. Paul's views on the "Federal Reserve'. The pre-emptive smear campaign has begun. TPTB are preparing for Ron Paul's new legislative position and are retaliating before he can take his message to the people on an even greater scale.

And whom did they interview? A completely impartial "expert", former Fed Vice Chairman, Alan Blinder...seriously? Next they'll be interviewing the KKK on racism, to be followed by an interview of ex Nazis regarding Jews and lastly they'll be speaking to Israelis on the Palestinian issue...

Whos the female host? You establishment corporate media [expletive deleted]. My blood is boiling watching this [expletive deleted].

I love how they point to a nothing no one like Megan McArdle whos opinion on Ron Paul is about as valid as Daniel Pipes on Muslims, what a joke.

Ron Paul just buried her. Excellent of him to point out their attacking the messenger MO. Name calling. Thats right, discredit yourselves you government shills.

Dr. Ron Paul, what a professional, what a true statesman and gentleman, possibly our last one.

Goddam this host. You mother-[expletive deleted] [expletive deleted].

Thats right Dr. Ron Paul, the government lies, they are liars.

Fear. Thats how they operate, 100% correct.

Ron Paul 2010

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Originally posted by backinblack
Ron Paul did not say that.......
He said the Government was useing wikileaks as the excuse to shut down the internet..
Big difference though I think you just worded it wrong..

I'm thinking thats what the OP meant as well. Judging by the tone in the thread title, it would appear that his excitement got the better of him.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I would like to receive credit as well for calling out wikileaks from the get go

Please quote me atleast 5 months ago saying it was designed to take down the free web

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The USA is really CHINA/IRAN

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Jeanius

Wikileaks isn't an attempt to lock down the net.

Whatever “Wikileaks” is … at worst it’s always been psyop... at best it’s been hijacked by the same.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join