It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by MrXYZ
Wow, Ron Paul makes a lot of really dumb statements recently...
Wikileaks is pushing for freedom of speech. What's the alternative? NOT pushing for it and being a sheep? Nothing was ever accomplished by being a sheep and not making a stand. WL is making a stand, and I applaud them.
Also, lol @ "closing down the internet". If the recent Anonymous attack showed anything, it's that no one has enough control to "shut down" the internet. Even in China, people are able to circumvent the blocks...
Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by wcitizen
If that's what he meant we fully agree ofc
The funny thing is:
1) Assange is only wanted by Sweden for QUESTIONING. There's no formal accusation yet...however, the media and US government already portray him as a rapist.
2) He didn't rape anyone. Let me ask people this: If you have sex with a woman, and the condom breaks (happens), why would the woman not stop the guy if it bothers her? If she tries and he resists, it's obviously a problem...but even if that's what happened, why did both of them wait 2 months (!!!) to report it only after there's no more evidence, and why exactly right when Wikileaks started releasing the cables?
3) It wasn't Sweden who appealed the bailout, it was the UK!! Wouldn't be surprised if some US official pulled a few strings. The court pretty much appealed their own decision...laughable, what a hoax process.
4) If they go after Wikileaks, they also have to go after the NY Times, the Guardian, and pretty much everyone who ever clicked "Like" when someone linked a WL article on FB. In my case, that's around 70% of my friends.
5) The US can't even find enough grounds to accuse him of treason, lol. What he did is protected by the government assured right of free speech.
And lastly, do they really think they can stop this by arresting Assange? If the latest Anonymous attacks showed anything, it's that this is way bigger than they expect. Welcome to the 21st century, the information age
Originally posted by Jeanius
The others are doing the rock on devil's head, or at least it seems bush was. lol
Originally posted by TWILITE22
reply to post by Billmeister
I went temporarily insane,my apologies,I was thinking that this man(Ron Paul) could be our last hope for the American people,oh well,back to reality.
Originally posted by Ahmose
If the internet gets shut down~
there will be a revolution.
Originally posted by Jay Electronica
reply to post by Somehumanbeing
For a politician, Ron Paul tells the truth alot but I don't trust him or any other politician with occult connections e.g. his dad is a freemason, his wife is a eastern star, his children are rainbow girls, and he has connection to a few jesuit universities.. to me it sounds like he's controlled opposition.