It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Character attacking thread titles

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
my approach dear

You really think a hoary 64 yo dude from Ontario is a 'dear'?

I am sorry... it must be your avatar, I am right-brained and the pictures mean alot to me. It must be that you have maturity in your posts and speak unbiased so I figured you were a older lady I guess... it was just your tone and I was taught to respect women. ( I was raised by 4 of them)

That's what I mean about your approach. It sounded condescending and belittling. You have your venue here in the board business forum where you can air your concerns. No problem with that at all.

But attacking an entire country while doing so is a bit overzealous, don't you yhink?

well I am not necessarily attacking but more like stating that I do not like a particular "group" America is bashed to no end here so I consider this within the T&C... You though do give me hope for the peoples of Canada, I just wish more Canadians spoke like you.

Peace...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

well we could alter the bet then so I may be able to win some of my money back, I wage differently then betting that the majority of the Mods are Canadian.

I think you are ok though... I am sorry I am dissing your country but the majority of your people up there have some serious communication problems and are very rude.

I do not hide the fact that I am Canadian. How much more prevalent can I make it for you.

As far as being pompous well I beg to differ. As a matter of fact, we are giving out free hugs till Christmas and you are more than welcome my friend.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/91d3831fb531.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by gallopinghordes
reply to post by masqua

Can I get on some of that action; I need to finish Christmas shopping.

oh gosh ! I will never be mean to you, I will always read every post you make and say "yes dear" to anything you wish...

I DO !

that's some avatar...

edit on 12/15/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
Good Lawd.

All this pomp and stance over a mere few rightfully actioned off-topic posts?

No need to hoist one's self on their own petard over that.

As was mentioned or alluded to by fellow members Very early on in the replies...

Thread titles insinuating or asserting personal opinion(s) with regards various groups, beliefs and/or organized associations and what not are perfectly fine ... with the exception of those having a 'stormfront-type' mentality and/or approach, mind you.

apologies... I was not speaking of you and I hope I did not get you reprimanded in any way, the topics you removed of mine were discussed in U2U and I understood your reasoning. I am just still too new but this thread is clearing alot of stuff up for me.

I still do not believe you quite understand where I was coming from making the 3 like-worded topics opposing the ones I complained about. I seen it at the time as the right thing to do I guess, and yo could also say yes I went off... but not terribly enough to get banned I suppose.

I will just wait now for new topics to appear and do that... so I do apologize, I was jumping the gun as they say.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

You have started several threads calling evolutionists ignorant, insane, boring and childish as your thread titles..

these were responses to threads calling Creationist ignorant, insane and silly-childish... the same exact opposite were my topics.

I do not think you were around for this, so you may sniff my post history all you want but you just weren't there man !

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2Faced
Would you mind telling us what forum you have been on for the past 12 years? I am trying to imagine how a " small group of like-minded people" have discussions on various matters.

of course not... we share a hobby and all have different political views and yes alot of times political discussions come up but they go rather well, even with slander because we know eachother that well.

Maybe if I get to know you and we have similar interest I will send you an invite.

By the way, I am not a Canadian, I just remote my machines from different locations. My mood changes so often, it's hardly worth mentioning.

well that's good to know, I will be able to tell trust me... I have been trained and beaten with hockey sticks well enough to have learned by now.

edit on 12/15/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

" I am just still too new but this thread is clearing alot of stuff up for me. "

and that's a good thing.

We all start somewhere and go from there.

... that you are open to, can consider and possess the ability to realize or appreciate potential for personal growth says a lot about your character, being and approach to life/things.

:clap:

Welcome to ATS.

edit on 12/15/2010 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

much respect, I will never hide the fact that I am American either...

the Canadians I am hearing from in this thread have shed some light and are being just normal, much appreciated and Happy Holidays to you.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
And just for the record folks, I am a person who believes in the theory of evolution but I also believe in God, I do not see anything wrong with my stance... even though some may wish to pin something on me, I believe in alot of stuff simply because...

it is better to believe.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

reply to post by masqua

I was talking about madnessinmysoul character... the Darwin/Obama dude that everyone would just love to reach thru the screen and yell some sense into his head.

I would just love to close or trash this useless thread but I've posted in it already. Us "lords" have rules and one of them is that we don't action in a thread we post in. As the Stones say, "You can't always get what you want."

Reminds me of the ever-famous: "I'm takin my toys and goin home" tantrum.

You could always buck your ego and just not post again.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I would just love to close or trash this useless thread but I've posted in it already.

You'd be doing the OP a favour if you trashed it. The longer it stays open the worse it makes him look.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Personally, I don't blame the mods for trashing those threads. All I am seeing from the OP is a whinger, someone who doesn't like to have threads deleted and therefore comes and whinges to 'mummy' when things go wrong.

Just for clarification, I have just finished wading through 6 different threads by the OP - ALL of which are on the topic of Evolution, ALL of which are underhanded insults and ALL of which are basically the same thread just reworded to make it appear different.

Bloody whingers, they'll be the death of us someday.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Oh and I forgot to mention........

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/79ce6f26d818.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/503416bbb037.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Stay clear of these obvious scientology threads (is creationism a sign of a disturbed mind etc). Perhaps make a note of the authors for future reference. You'll find that there are a few members who wish to bar the internet from the 'mentally disturbed'. Now they wish to diagnose those according to belief or ideology.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by starless and bible black

Stay clear of these obvious scientology threads (is creationism a sign of a disturbed mind etc).

Obvious scientology threads? Whaaa? Methinks you may have had a little too much Kool-Aid....

Just because someone is against creationism, doesn't make them a loony (which is what you were inferring by your 'scientology' comment was it not? Nice try.) it simply means they have learned to use their brains for logic, reason and intellect rather than believing in a magical man in the sky who makes rainbows.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by starless and bible black

Stay clear of these obvious scientology threads (is creationism a sign of a disturbed mind etc).

What?

I'm sorry, but I'm clearly opposed to Scientology. Hell, I've picketed one of their buildings. I actively despise the organization and its leadership.

Perhaps make a note of the authors for future reference.

Yes, because making lists of people who disagree with isn't a warning sign...

You'll find that there are a few members who wish to bar the internet from the 'mentally disturbed'.

Did anyone say "LET'S KICK CREATIONISTS OFF OF ATS BECAUSE THEY'RE CRAZY!!!!11!!!"

Nope, the thread was asking if creationism should be considered a sign of insanity (it should).

Now they wish to diagnose those according to belief or ideology.

No, this is based on a belief that clearly goes against reality. Creationism requires individuals to reject multiple fields of well-established science in support of their claims

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This is not the forum to debate creationism, please carry on in the O/C Forum. The topic of this thread has been clarified and it has run its course.

Closed...

Springer...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join