It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC interview wheelchair user and police victim Jody McIntyre. BBC scum defend the police

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Well it looks like it may all be about ot kick off for real.

I just heard a few minutes ago on the local news that in some of the "rougher" areas of glasgow it will now be ILLEGAL to stand in groups of any more than 2 people!! No that is not a joke. Police can come and break you up & if you refuse arrest you!

I havent been able to find any links yet, but I did just see it about 5 minutes ago, its also possible this wont be made "public" and will only be shown on our local news! (so more people dont start joining the dots, well more dots)

ILLEGAL for more than 2 people to be standing together, in glasgow, In the United Kindom, a supposedly "Free" country, I knew this was coming, just didnt expect it this fast, was hoping to get my fitness up a bit before it all goes to #, guess I'll just have to make do.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I just registered my complaint with the BBC. Quick and easy.

You can ad your voice here: BBC Complaint Form

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I can only discribe this in one word: disturbing. It is disturbing how the police behaved, it is disturbing how the reporter kept trying to slant it in favor of said police, it is very troubling times we live in indeed.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by S3ns1bl3

I think this is why it is impotrtant to understand the difference between legislation and law. These acts and statutes they keep bringing in are nothing more than legal contracts and as such require our consent.

Know your rights: The Peoples United community

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
this is why we have guns in the US

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Someone i used to have time for was bbc newsnight anchorman Jeremy Paxman - out-spoken, but not necessarily partisan. However, the recent stitch up he chaired upon the spokesperson for the protesting students was shameful.

Didn't give her a chance to make any point, just berated her for the actions of one idiotic individual who tossed a fire extinguisher off a rooftop.

It was less journalism and more a politically opportunistic ambush to villainise a group.

BBC journalism took a dive after they barely survived the bbc radio 4 andrew Guilligan debacle, after which their interrogation of government members took a noticeable step towards subservience. I feel now they have all but rolled over under the specter of a merciless tory government with a self-appointed mandate to cut anything it like in order to save us from the legacy of the bankers (to cut anything except the bankers bonuses, of course!)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia
Let me put it like this; With protesters, it's a few bad apples spoiling the bunch. With the police, the whole tree is rotting. You might get a few good apples from that tree, but the tree itself is generally buggered.
Understand?

No.

Because the whole tree is not rotting.

Ask the people who need someone to come to their aid at 3am when some fool has broken into their house.

Ask the rape victim who sees some form of justice after what they have endured.

Ask the family who get their stolen goods returned.

Ask the victim of a violent assult who sees his assailant arrested and sent to prison

Ask the people who want protection from some nut with a gun who is on the rampage. Who do they expect to put themselves in harms way to protect them?

It is not me who is generalising. Its me who is being real. Condeming a whole group for the actions of a few is - frankly, stupid. Its stupid when people do it about ethnic minorities, its stupid when people do it about protestors and its stupid when people do it about the Police.

link   

Originally posted by aliengenes
this is why we have guns in the US
yeah but so do your cops. I doubt you could get too raukus before they started to open fire. And that helps nobody
Just end up as a full scale war.

link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

Totally agree, its also worth pointing out that police officers are trained to detach themselves from the "humaity" of their work, this is important for obvious reasons, like informing a family of the death of a loved one, or even showing up to the scene of a bad accident, it would a big problem if large numbers of officers crumbled under those sorts of preasures.

The flip side to this is that, in their heads, all they are doing is fighting ciminals, NOTHING MORE, this is the kind of detachment that drives fully grown men to attack a heavily disabled, effectively harmless man without a second thought for thier actions! This is the prorblem, its NOT CRIMINALS, its kids, teachers, housewifes, we just want a fair deal, basically the new set up means only the rich people have access to universities and colleges, its basically KEEP THE POOR, POOR. Not only have the stolen all our money, now they want to ensure most of us & our kids will have NO CHANCE of getting any back!

link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish

Originally posted by lifeform11
reply to post by JonoEnglish

yes we are slamming the police for brutality and violence, or are you one of those people who condemn the protester for violence then excuse the police for doing the same thing?

if the police should not be call out for violence then why should the protesters?

if violence is wrong, then any violence is wrong is'nt it?

i take it you have never heard of reasonable force
edit on 14-12-2010 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

Maybe you think the Police should be armed with feather dusters to tickle those naughty violent protestors.

When you are outnumbered, facing an angry mob, without a clue what they are capable of doing, I'm sure your rationality will stay in tact and treat every person in front of you with utmost respect.

It would have been easier to wheel the guy out of the way dont you think?

There are very clear rules of engagement for both police and military, the police have gone far beyond protecting the public they are on the offensive. Kettling is an aggresive act designed to get an aggressive response. You have police one side saying move out of the way and on the other barricading in. The students wanting to avoid trouble had no choice but to sit right in the middle.
edit on 14-12-2010 by PRSuk because: Repair quotes

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthOccupant

Left wing - right wing, all invented to keep us busy and divided.

It is disturbing though that state television does not question state's behaviour.

Actually it seems pretty standard. I dont know if they truly thought out the timing on this one though.... It seems the uptight citizens brigade of the UK have been waging street warfare against the police lately, and now this?

Is it just me, or does it seem like we have seen MANY videos of bad police lately?

It must be a bad time to be in law enforcement in the UK....or any form of "authority" for that matter. Even the precious royal family has felt the wrath of dischord. I dont have anything personal against law enforcement officers, actually yesterday I was lucky enough to be spared a stint in jail by one...

I might be wrong about this, but from what I understand from my friends across the pond, people actually PAY for the BBC network? You mean people willingly pay for state MSM outlets?

Now thats just brilliant.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Welcome to your friendly State television. This is really worth watching. It's an absolute disgrace of an interview. That people can claim the BBC is left wing is beyond me
edit on 14-12-2010 by NadaCambia because: Edit: Added raw footage

why was the news reporter asking if he was a revolutionary??? what does that have to do with the incident on the streets? the guy is bound to a wheel chair without the ability to move himself...revolutionary or not the police were rong.

the reporter is just trying to get him to admit to something that is frowned upon so he can try and make people think what the police did was justified

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Damn a new low. There are so many points I would like to make I don't know where to start. Yes being at a protest can put you in harms way both with the police and other protesters. However, one of the many things Jody said made a lot of sense, it seemed as if the police in that clip went after just him in an effort to provoke a confrontation with the crowd. They according to Jody had already assaulted him 45 minutes previous. Did it really take a gang of officers to subdue him after all he didn't appear to be struggling with them? Folks need to realize with each mass protest the cops are going to up the ante to create the riots they need to use deadly force. I'm sure there are quite a few instigators place strategically within the crowds to edge people on for that end result. I theorize the other day the Prince and his wife may not have known what was going on but I think it was police officers who did all the surrounding and rocking of the Prince's car leaving a knocked out window, why else would the royal guard not do anything?

It's only just begun and it appears more crazy singling out by officers will occur.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

thats what i'm talkin about

you brits need to learn make guns

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Let me put it like this; With protesters, it's a few bad apples spoiling the bunch. With the police, the whole tree is rotting. You might get a few good apples from that tree, but the tree itself is generally buggered.
Understand?

No.

Because the whole tree is not rotting.

Ask the people who need someone to come to their aid at 3am when some fool has broken into their house.

Ask the rape victim who sees some form of justice after what they have endured.

Ask the family who get their stolen goods returned.

Ask the victim of a violent assult who sees his assailant arrested and sent to prison

Ask the people who want protection from some nut with a gun who is on the rampage. Who do they expect to put themselves in harms way to protect them?

It is not me who is generalising. Its me who is being real. Condeming a whole group for the actions of a few is - frankly, stupid. Its stupid when people do it about ethnic minorities, its stupid when people do it about protestors and its stupid when people do it about the Police.

Okay, I've been robbed several times. The police have always turned up the next day. Infact I once had to let a thief go because I got tired of restraining him. Where were the police? Giving tickets to motorists and harassing kids.

Never, ever, seen my stolen goods returned. This is England, not CSI Miami. If you get robbed, the likelyhood is you aren't getting anything back. The implication that there's detectives out there trying to get back stolen goods just doesn't ring true. Maybe if you own a Ferrari but for the common man, no.

I was the victim of a violent assualt, and was given a 2 year suspended sentence and 100 hours community service for fracturing the chavs root canals and breaking his jaw! Hooray for justice.

Again, I live in England. The last nut with a gun on the rampage did so because some copper was seeding his missus

Most rape victims don't see any form of justice, either. The public by in large feel the police are incompetent and refuse to go the legal route.

Regardless, non of what you said is relevant. You're citing incidences that could and should be taken for granted. I could spew the same nonsense rhetoric about the British troops and all the good they do. It wouldn't erase or change the fact they're fighting illegal wars for elite scum.

The Police enforce anti-Democratic laws and serve a corrupt and criminal government. The reasons you gave are the reasons the Police are a corrupt organisation. They follow orders. They do what they're told. They don't act independently, the act under command.

Which all goes back to my point about individual officers not being the issue, but the Police Force as an organisation. Your analogies about ethnic minorities and protesters make no sense. They're individuals. The Police aren't.

What country are you from? I bet nationalism is rife isn't it. I can tell
Go the Troops! Go The Police. haha

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
On a lighter note, if this is standard operating procedure for the BBC now, I very much look forward to Ben Brown meets Charles & Camilla.

"WHY WERE YOU DRIVING THERE?" - 'Well, one was-' - "IS IT TRUE YOU BELIEVE IN HEREDITARY POWER RATHER THAN DEMOCRACY?" etc.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I saw this on TV this morning on breakfast TV... i gotta say i was shocked by the action of that Officer pulling him out of his wheelchair, dragging him across the street and then throwing him down on the pavement.... there was no need for that.... why didn't the officer just get hold of the wheelchair and push the guy to the side of the street?

This is the second 'wrong' i have seen today on thse boards and elsewhere...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
So if the guy's in a wheelchair it's always someone else's fault?

No one saw what he was doing before this video was made, and those videos are grainy and horrible, there was no detail. But OF COURSE that must mean the guy in the wheelchair was right! No one should be allowed to disagree with him or warn him for making inflammatory remarks at the police who are ONLY DOING THEIR JOB.

These are students we're talking about here. I was a student myself not long ago and let me tell you, these protests are just a great way for people to get together in some kind of drunken haze, in order to cause trouble and pretending to sound like you have a point. Too much of students lives are wasted ingesting alcohol and drugs, I've been there myself and I had to work every now and again to afford to go out, but that I did and I NEVER felt I was struggling and I didn't come from a rich family.

SO.... all this protest lark is not justified and I applaud the police for fighting the outbreak of violence caused these last few weeks.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by aliengenes
reply to post by Acidtastic

thats what i'm talkin about

you brits need to learn make guns

Oh please. Guns are for the weak. Any idiot can pull a trigger, it takes much more bravery to stand empty handed against a police mob.

Please stop with the gun comments, most of us don't wanna hear it. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
hi just throwing my views in here, im unsure whether this thread is being aimed at the bbc or the police or both. Firstly watching the video i was shocked, no matter what they are doing a person in a wheelchair is in it for a reason and should be dealt with alot of respect as you may never know what kind of condition they are in.

Im ashamed at the bbc too even though alot of news channels and reports are carefully made up andw e are told not to believe in what they say. as for the police, it gives off a very bad image for the police that are normal and treat their job with pride. I think its bad as sometimes police get slated on this site as its a very rare majority they are a disgrace to their uniform. I work with police officers and have been stopped a few times but they have been fair and reasonable friendly and they do the job because they enjoy it. I also understand that alot of people have views of the police being a type of authourity (spelling?) to stop us from doin what we please. But lets not forget about the police they have saved lives, whether its jumping into a river to save someone or pulling someone from a burning car criminal or no criminal.

However the way the guy in the wheelchair was treated was a disgrace and police officers involved should be dealt with. I hope to not cause any arguments with this reply its just my opinion

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join