It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you prepared for an "EVENT"?!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

Not Superman. I just work HARD for a living. You'd be surprised at what I can do. Once again, I see that you're assuming... Is that a national sport over there!? His truck doesn't weigh 6000 lbs. The GVW of the truck is 5100 lbs. Nearly 1/2 ton difference. The come-along is capable of pulling 8000 lbs. Where do you see a problem in that? As I said before, you haven't been out in the woods with me so you can't tell me squat about what I KNOW. I've actually seen him do just what you're suggesting he cannot on prior videos. I'd be willing to bet you're one of those people who are constantly negative, and jinxing other people. The first time you'd do that in my survival situation, I'd just go ahead and tell you to find another place to be.
edit on 16-12-2010 by ReinkDuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
Always leaves me stunned just how much like the sheep the folks on ATS really are. As soon as someone like my dares to give an alternate opinion I am flamed like I have just told you all I like to shoot puppies. Something I have a feeling this guy might actually enjoy......

Guess what not everyone on ATS has the same views as the rest of you sheep (because that is what you have become) so don’t start getting all high and mighty with me because I am against guns. Guns are primarily designed to kill, killing is evil hence guns are evil as are the people who use them to kill. Now you all going to tell me about how its self defence, no guns no need for self defence and I hardly think that the guys shooting up school fall back on the self defence argument for a plea of innocence.

Kevin?
Seriously?
Youre going to get varied opinions on an opinion based subject now why act surprised, and then resort to insulting someone that you dont have any data on?
Sheep?
Sheep can be led, and of course 'your' opinion is just one of two shepherds,
that's fine if you want to follow 'the meek shall inherit the earth' flock,
it's a trusting and vulnerable flock, no doubt very outwardly peaceful in action and appearance,
Dont assume I or others who simply want to protect and provide for ourselves and our loved ones are some type of no tooth cordite sniffing nut bags, dragging our knuckles to the watering hole that we also pee in,
far from it.
In fact I'd offer that by taking a more proactive position that I show great ownership and responsibilty to my own survival and loved ones lives.
If I had to bet, I'd go with the choice that the man in the video shows compasson to puppies and would probably be more affected by one in pain than to cause one pain.
Your attempt at equating an extreme situation such as a mentally distrubed person shooting up a school or any location for that matter with a person displaying autonomy and basic earth touching survival skills doesnt validate or add integrity to your position,
it adds contrast, extreme contrast, but doesnt show connection.
A repeated general example would be,
responsible good driver safely going from point A to point B , and the disturbed individual deliberate wreckless driver, drinking to excess, or abandoning the safety aspect which he's supposed to adhere to and harming others without care or thought.
It all boils down to responsibilty and choice, and the individual.
Yes guns are designed to kill, so are knives and spears and swords, but guess what so can a car or a hammer or even a rock.
Can we regulate and add control prior to any and all situations?
Of course not, not unless we shackle ourselves to a very limited and observed and montored cellular existence.
I dont want that for myself, or for anyone else for that matter.
So I guess the best we can do, is our best to survive,
to open doors for eachother, extend hands to eachother, to help eachother become less fearful, less afraid, and more in communication.
To see more of our similarities and less of the fabricated differences.
Yet until that time, I do reserve the right to protect myself, my loved ones, and even you Kevin should I come upon you being harmed.
I wont negotiate with those hurting you Kevin,
I'll terminate them with extreme prejudice, dress your wounds, then feed you,
and then no doubt go back to listening from you how I'm crazy.
That is how it should be Kevin,
and if you never have to find yourself in that place, and never have to act in such manner,
be thankful that there are those that can and will, and be considerate of the choice they made, that they alone will deal with, for possibly taking a life to insure that they, or their loved ones, or yes You Kevin, have a life to continue enjoying.

edit on 16-12-2010 by HappilyEverAfter because: sp

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReinkDuser

Not Superman. I just work HARD for a living. You'd be surprised at what I can do. Once again, I see that you're assuming... Is that a national sport over there!? His truck doesn't weigh 6000 lbs. The GVW of the truck is 5100 lbs. Nearly 1/2 ton difference. The come-along is capable of pulling 8000 lbs. Where do you see a problem in that? As I said before, you haven't been out in the woods with me so you can't tell me squat about what I KNOW. I've actually seen him do just what you're suggesting he cannot on prior videos. I'd be willing to bet you're one of those people who are constantly negative, and jinxing other people. The first time you'd do that in my survival situation, I'd just go ahead and tell you to find another place to be.
edit on 16-12-2010 by ReinkDuser because: (no reason given)

OK, first. You dont know your ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to me. I havn't assumed anything. You have taken offense to a few jokes that I have made and some commentary. I havn't been negative one bit about what they guy wants to do. In fact, most of my posts are basically saying more power to him than anything else. And I can assure you I am far from a negative person. Id suggest to you to go back and read your posts and the way they come off. Talk about judgemental and assuming...well there you have it bud.

It is boggling to me that someone with experience (apparently by your own words) would argue against having a winch. A come-a-long wont cut it. It would be slow, and time consuming and one hell of a workout to be able to come-a-long your truck out of any situation UP a grade..regardless of the weight. If you dont get that theres nothng more I can say. Ive been 4wheeling enough to know that.

As far as being in a any kind of situation with you, well I can assure you, that would not happen. Your so defensive that Im sick of it just sitting here reading your lame ass comments over the internet. And btw, your defensiveness SCREAMS of insecurity. Which tells me your not the most capable and your not someone Id be caught dead with or if I did happen to fall into such a predicament thats probably exactly how Id be caught..dead along with you. No thanks.

So go ahead and keep your money. You might need it for your military grade batman suit to go along with the rest of your happy horse #.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

A winch does make a stuck situation very very easy, but a comalong works very well as well. I found it nice to have both (that winch cable is only so long). A good wench is spendy, and the cheaper ones are just that "CHAEP" your better off buying a few good comalongs then spending it on a cheap wench.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Patrioitinsheepclothing

Well thats fine. I agree a come a long can work well in certain situation, but the premise of the thread is an event. Therefore, time and ease of use are of the utmost importance.

Having to dig out a comealong attach it to the truck and tree and then work that thing to get out of a stuck situation is neither time saving or easy..especially being on an incline upwards of 15% or greater. The come a long just plain loses.

A tow strap attached to another truck would probably be betteter than a come a long. But your more than likely by yourself.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Dude, really?! Playful comments? Do you really want me to go back through this thread and quote each and every one of those "playful" comments? I think having a come along is great when in a pinch, especially if a winch is not an option for the moment financially. In order to incorporate a winch into my truck, it would take some welding, etc. Not just the cost of the winch. Not sure as to why Mike doesn't have one, however, I know why I don't. Anything else, sire?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

2001 hunting trip
2000 Jeep Wrangler, 33" BFG Mud TA's, 3 inch Old Man Emu Suspension and lift, front & rear lockers, KC Dayliters x 8, Banks Exhaust, KN Air Filter, Dual Battery, Over Size Altanator, Warrior Roof rack, 9000lbs Warn High Speed Wench and a come along.

I was stuck in a high horse shoe valley, 4 hours off any many road, and about 50 miles from any help at 9pm at night.
Flat out, the wench Jammed, the only thing that got me out was 2 come alongs and some damn back breaking work. You put all your eggs in that one basket if you like, but comealongs are not huge, they story easy, and were used long before wench's ever came along

For those of you who look for other options other then a wench or come along, you can also use a Highlift Jack in the same mannor.
Before you go bashing comealongs try chatting with the guys who do the Camel Trophy race and see what they think about them, willing to put money that you wont hear a bad word about them

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Patrioitinsheepclothing

Well, now, here is the great thing about this place. You discuss your problems and someone will come up with a solution. What you need to do is get rid of that wench, (wench: n. A young woman or girl, especially a peasant girl. A woman servant.) and go out and get you a nice strong winch (winch: n A stationary motor-driven or hand-powered machine used for hoisting or hauling.) You don't have to totally get rid of the wench I guess but at least take her off the bumper of the truck.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReinkDuser

Dude, really?! Playful comments? Do you really want me to go back through this thread and quote each and every one of those "playful" comments? I think having a come along is great when in a pinch, especially if a winch is not an option for the moment financially. In order to incorporate a winch into my truck, it would take some welding, etc. Not just the cost of the winch. Not sure as to why Mike doesn't have one, however, I know why I don't. Anything else, sire?

Yes. Quote them. Understand them in the context they are written. Not what you want to read into them. Quote the entire comment.

And here, let me quote myself.

Well thats fine. I agree a come a long can work well in certain situation, but the premise of the thread is an event. Therefore, time and ease of use are of the utmost importance.

Do you see this quote? Read it carefully now. Can you get it? Do you understand? I know theres different dialects in the south that may not mesh with us Cali types, but plain english is plain english.

Never did I say NOT to have a come-a-long. I said if you are 4wheeling in the mountains it is a pretty good idea, in fact a great idea to have a wench. Havng a come-a-long is fine and works well in certain circumstances and as a back up. Having a winch is better. For whatever reason you don't like that, I could care less. You have your opinion. I have mine.

Id bet if dude that made the video didn't spend all the money he did on half that crap he could afford to get a decent winch. Its cool though, when he gets high centered and is scavenging through all that other crap to get to his come a long, Ill be happy to pull his ass out.

edit on 16-12-2010 by open_eyeballs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

2001 hunting trip
2000 Jeep Wrangler, 33" BFG Mud TA's, 3 inch Old Man Emu Suspension and lift, front & rear lockers, KC Dayliters x 8, Banks Exhaust, KN Air Filter, Dual Battery, Over Size Altanator, Warrior Roof rack, 9000lbs Warn High Speed Wench and a come along.

Swet ride, but Ill take an 84 CJ-7, or my 72 GMC 383 8" spring lift th400 tranny and np203 transfer case wih 38" mud tires, DANA 60 front end and DANA 70 rear end any day...

dont have a winch on either, cant afford it
, but I have been pulled out by a winch. And Im not preparing for a russian invasion either...
...but as Ive said before..to eachs own...

you go bashing comealongs try chatting with the guys who do the Camel Trophy race and see what they think about them, willing to put money that you wont hear a bad word about them

Jesus Christ almighty...bashing come a longs?
You guys are a match made in heaven,eh?

Here just for you...:

Again, plain english, no ambiguity. Simple to understand,no?

"Before I bash com a longs"...
...oh God, why I entertain this is beyond me...

edit on 16-12-2010 by open_eyeballs because: to fix quotes

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I got rid of my wench a long time ago way too bitchy to ever be *given* or shall i say gave a gift the gift of my crafted wood woven into that cozy cave.
edit on 16-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
So we're not even in a bad situation and you guys are spending energy attacking one another?
Gentlemen, please
you do realize that isnt good I'm sure.
So were we actually in a condition you guys flailing around arguing would no doubt bring something unwanted.
THIS is why I like the 'alone' approach.
Calm and quiet sees another day, panic and pride gets you blown away!

carry on.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I would say that from this point, things went south: "your genius is inspiring..." So what context was this written? Look, I'm not on here to have an online pissing match with someone I don't even know. Criticism is fine, and can be well taken, but when you approach someone with this attitude, no matter where you're from, it can only be taken one way. So from this point, we'll just say a winch is a good idea, to go with the come-along, and let this dog die while we're ahead. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

cinic, congratulations on your successful separation from your wench. I've tried, but she keeps coming back and I guess I've kind of gotten used to her.

Typos. Can we not forgive others for typos? Or is it Tiepoes? Tipos?

Gentlemen, I never leave myself to only one option, and suggest you give that idea a turn or two.

What works best for one person may not work best for another. The needs of one are not the needs of another.

To share ideas is the guiding principle here. Sharing ideas.

You can ignore them all, use the ones that you can actually use, or adapt them all.

The name of the game is preparation. Something that no matter what lengths you'll be able to go to, will at the moment of the 'event' - never be enough.

A fox never trusts himself to just one hole.

Before slamming each other for nuance items or ideas, our time here may be better served by sharing ideas constructively.

Here's one from me. Get a couple pure .999 silver one ounce ingots, and keep in the bottom of your canteen. Silver, being nature's most effective non-toxic antimicrobial, will purify your water, and filed into tiny powder-shavings, will keep a wound infection free.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ReinkDuser

He had a come-along. You do know what that is, don't you?

thats what I thought. Good idea.

star

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Just so ya know, that was a legitimate question. Don't know what it is things go by where you're from.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

well i for one have learned quite a bit from this guy already.

the burlap sacks over the windows tip in the first video was a biggie. i would have been sittin out there in the woods with a fat glare on my window saying "HERE I AM"

just ignore the shills. they get paid by the page.

lets not make this thread their Christmas bonus.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

Ker2010 , Most people can see how things are going with the dismantling of America and the Global conspiracy now coming to fruition . Yes it will not be Good . And then there is the population reduction thing that the global bunch wants (eugenesis ). It has been slow and benign up till now , but it will befall the world suddenly soon .
My point is that few people see these events as being tied to the bible and the Jews . Why ?
The Fed is 12 privatly owned banks owned specifically by Jews . These same Jews are involved with the World Bank , Bilderbergs, IMF and Global Government Movement. They can manipulate economies at will and do . Did they create the situation that we are in today ? Absolutely !
The Jews were the chosen of God . Also Judas Iscariot was chosen by our Lord knowing he was a Devil and was to carry out the betrayal . Mosses was chosen to fulfill the plan of God as Paul was chosen.
There is a major attack coming on Israel and Israel will be almost over run at which time in desperation Israel will use their nukes . The situation in the rest of the world will be the worst case scenerio at best . Possibly a limited Nuclear exchange or worse . Those events are told about in the Bible . The current events and latter times prophecy actually prove each other out .

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

dude seems cool enough to me.

i cant see him being as defensive as others are in this thread about my comments....
...and i dont know about all that ice age and chemtrail stuff. im not a big conspiracy theorist to be honest.

so i dont expect there to be some crazy Alex Jones
style martial law and or russian/ chinese invasion (and to be clear before someone reads to much into that, I dont know if home boy in the video believes that either, i dont presume to know his intentions or reasoning to having all that stuff, other than having items he believes that prepare him for anything), and as I have said before, all the power to him, if thats what he enjoys (all the gear and stuff, i know a few gear heads myself).

id be happy to play with it all thats for sure!

id throw him a beer if his stash got low
, and even if I didnt like you id pull you and your rig out if you got stuck.

at anyrate, having a come along is just as important as having a winch, never said it wasnt. BUT IF I were preparing for some "event" where I was running and hiding from some militant force in the mountains or woods and knew I would be up there for an extended period of time and knew there would be some heavy off roading involved I would include a winch as part of those essentials. That is, if indeed, your rig is the way you are getting around.

Im not even convinced that is the best idea in the first place...but that is a whole other can of beans all together.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join