It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean State Media Announces Preparation For All-Out War

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
They've been saying this for a while.
Not only that.. The translation says "prepared".

So are most countries.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Hmmmmmmmm...yet another boast of the preparedness for war. I'd give it more thought and attention if statements such as this were not made every other day.

I'd be surprised if they went to war in the next decade. Statements in their respective countries such as this happen very, very often, shelling or not. If something was going to happen, it would have happened. War doesn't build up slowly after an attack like it seems to imply is happening. War is more often than not abrupt, reactive. These countries have been talking the talk for over 50 years. They each take a step or two, but fail to walk the walk.

link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Originally posted by fordrew
Could result in the destruction of the world

Okay.

Truth is: North Korea is a paper tiger. It has only a handfull of nuclear weapons and even those are fireworks that would struggle to destroy a hospital, let alone a city. Sure, it has an enormous army. But so what? In the modern age firepower talks, not numbers.

All North Korea does is posture; that's all it will ever do. It hides behind China, making threats like a child stood beside its big brother. But it's laughable to think China would risk war with the US over it's annoying little sibling.

I think its stupid people like you that underestimate north korea. You call north korea "best korea" or little korea and you describe north korea as if it were a little temperamental child. Get real KID. A nuclear device is a nuclear device. Do yourself a favor and quit describing north korea as if it were a little kid.

China still has north korea's back.
news.yahoo.com...

Guess what happens when north attacks the south or vice versa. All the allies will come out to play. World War 3 comes. And guess what it is inevitable as long as Korea is divided. Or droves of North Korea military personnel surrender.
edit on 12-12-2010 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

link   

Okay.

Truth is: North Korea is a paper tiger. It has only a handfull of nuclear weapons and even those are fireworks that would struggle to destroy a hospital, let alone a city. Sure, it has an enormous army. But so what? In the modern age firepower talks, not numbers.

BS. Technological superiority is only superior if war is fought in optimal conditions, like in a computer simulation program. If a technologically superior army is guaranteed victory, then why is the US still fighting armed farmers in Afghanistan and Iraq for the past 9 years?

North Korea is, in my opinion, the most powerful defensive army in the world (with Israel close behind). By defensive, I mean they have the capability to repel any invaders in North Korean territory while being able to push offensive forces into South Korea (after bombarding it with massive amounts of arty fire).

Anyone who believes that North Korea is a walk in the park has probably watched too much American propaganda, and probably believed the same garbage about the Taliban having anything to do with 9/11, or Saddam having WMD that can be dropped on the US "in under 45 minutes". Note how Iraq had an old, rusted out army that didn't even recover from the Gulf War, yet the American media and government had no problem portraying it as a serious threat when it wasn't.
edit on 12-12-2010 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Fox you are so correct, while in Iraq I have a buddy who is in the airforce, an F16 fighter pilot. They were flying back after a mission and noticed a trail way above them, well not 5 minutes later they were told to disregard what they had seen by there commanding officer. We have weapons that korea cannot even comprehend. So war breaks out, we will have there nuc sites demolished along with major vital targets before the war even officially starts. I know in the recon we sometimes work alongside seals, delta etc...we were in iraq days before the war officially broke out on cnn. Nothing to worry about here, korea knows they cannot hang.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Guess what happens when north attacks the south or vice versa. All the allies will come out to play. World War 3 comes.

Let's get back to reality, shall we? North and South have been attacking each other for decades. No World War 3 as of yet. Y'know why? Because it's not worth it, and the US, Russia and China know this.
edit on 12-12-2010 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarineSniper12Kills
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Fox you are so correct, while in Iraq I have a buddy who is in the airforce, an F16 fighter pilot. They were flying back after a mission and noticed a trail way above them, well not 5 minutes later they were told to disregard what they had seen by there commanding officer. We have weapons that korea cannot even comprehend.

Correction; Your military has weapons that YOU cannot even comprehend. I think a military state like North Korea, which has a significant intelligence branch, can figure out other nations' capability better than you or me.

And what makes you think that North Korea doesn't have weapons that you or your military doesn't know about? In case you haven't notice, North Korea has a massive underground network for their military and civilian population. Why? Because underground facilities avoid satellite surveillance, which is really the only way that the West can observe North Korean weapon capabilities. Don't be surprised when the West's estimates of NK forces goes to crap when they roll out of the tunnels.

And you speak of high altitude, secret weapons? I remember a bunch of high-altitude, white dots that flew over Iran. The Revolutionary Guard didn't know what they were, but they shot them down with their non-American "inferior" weapons and they turned out to be some kind of new Israeli drone.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Okay.

All North Korea does is posture; that's all it will ever do. It hides behind China, making threats like a child stood beside its big brother. But it's laughable to think China would risk war with the US over it's annoying little sibling.

Well I don't know about you but most big brothers protect their little brothers.
The situation is perilous to say the least with millions that stand on the brink
of the abyss even if it is a "limited" war. (Billions if it become theater/world wide).
Let's just hope all sides keep their heads on straight and know what they are
doing eh?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Read the art of war. They will get in close fast to keep us from using nukes. Mao said he could send 300 million of his people anywhere on the asian continent and not miss em. Do not think for a minute that your only fighting the north koreans. Keep your eye on the South China Sea if this goes down.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Seeing how I am in the military I USE these such weapons. Get out of your fantasy world, obviously your not in the marine corps. The weapons N Korea put along there border last week lmfao missles from the late 60's. Korea does not stand a chance hence the reason they wont back up there bark. I know nothing will happen, if something was going to I would have already been briefed, all sf would have. Just like earlier this year with iran, we were briefed and ready to go over there than got the stand down. Get some experience before you try and correct me.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Just read this on CNN.

N. Korea: Exercises bring war 'closer'

Seoul, South Korea (CNN) -- North Korea warned Friday that planned U.S. and South Korean military exercises beginning this weekend bring the Korean Peninsula "closer to the brink of war," according to state news agency KCNA.

"The situation on the Korean Peninsula is inching closer to the brink of war due to the reckless plan of those trigger-happy elements to stage again the war exercises targeted against the DPRK," the report said.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I think the DPRK should realize that it is not only a war with the South but also a war with the US, which is not an alarmist talk... I think even China can not dare to say they are prepared for an all-out war.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Another South Korean boat just sank.

I wonder if there is Noth Korean involvement?

South Korean boat sinks off Antarctica
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This could be North Koreas 30 minutes of fame.
edit on 13-12-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by skyvia

Correct and star. China will not get involved, too much at risk. North Korea is not going to do anything people or we would have been briefed.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarineSniper12Kills

Seeing how I am in the military I USE these such weapons. Get out of your fantasy world, obviously your not in the marine corps. The weapons N Korea put along there border last week lmfao missles from the late 60's.

I guess North Korea did it's job of confusing jarhead American marines like you then. If you think NK is going to place the best of their weapons in plain sight of your recon systems then you really overestimate your own capability. Pride will be your downfall in this conflict.

PS: I don't care if you're in the marines. Does that make your opinion more important than mine? We're both humans and this conflict could result in a world war, affecting us all. And it's not like you really know who I'm involved with anyways, so assume all you want.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Why is it every time there's a thread about NK and SK so you americans come in and say how the US will destroy NK??

G
Does the US have to get involved in every war?
Do you think if you help SK no one is going to help NK?

Just sounds like the usual "amereica is the best" crowd..
But I guess they are the best at war..Plenty of practice...

IMO though, if the US starts with NK, take plenty of yankie body bags...
It won't be pretty...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

It won't be pretty...

Is it ever?

We are fully prepared to invade and occupy North Korea for all eternity or at least until your peasants agree to toil in mass production factories to produce blond princess barbie dolls, so that we can convince our daughters that the white race is Superior to slant eye, limp dick, communist devils like yourself.
edit on 13-12-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Lmao amen

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

In most cases when it comes to war yes.. most people would rather take advice from someone who has fought it than someone who has gotten all there facts from cnn. NK can't even barely feed there people yet they can afford to manufacture/purchase all these special weapons that will dominate the usa. Get real, what's next paraguay? Lmfao Go watch more cnn

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

NK in the korean war lost 30% of its population alone to the us...god I cannot imagine now. We would bomb them to dust before cnn could release the first war headline

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join