It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean State Media Announces Preparation For All-Out War

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

North Korean State Media Announces Preparation For All-Out War

www.businessinsider.com

From the official media organ of the DPRK, word that the country is prepared for "all-out war" with its southern neighbor.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
After reading this article it leaves me wondering if there is anyway out of this situation without having a war.. The population on both sides of the border of the Korean peninsula must be scared to death, I sure would hate to be in that position, and my thoughts and prayers are with them, and the men and women serving in our military..

www.businessinsider.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
It's a scary situation alright. Hopefully, it's just the new kid trying to establish some authority with his subjects. If not, then this world is in ALOT of trouble.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
S&F but this is nothing new, they've been prepared for war ever since the armistice which was over 40 years ago!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Not good at all. God help us if a war does break out (or should I say continue as the war was never technically over...simple cease-fire).

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotsPride

The above-said war confab made it clearer that the warship sinking case and the Yonphyong Island shelling incident cooked up by the puppet group and the U.S. imperialist warmongers were aimed at sparking off an all-out war.

The NK is always ready for war..The majority of their GDP is spent on military..
But it's interesting to see they are still not taking responsibility for the sinking and shelling..
I was always a bit suss about that myself..

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

The problem is The West and others are backing North Korea into a corner with sanctions and displays of force,
This is like backing a wild dog into a corner with no way out. Although it knows it can not win, It will attack.
Could be a potentially volatile situation which has the ability to escalate into a huge conflict. Lets hope it does not go that far and the leaders on all sides realise it is just not worth it and return to dialogue. One can only hope
Take care regards

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
sorry to break it to anyone who thinks that there is a nice way for this to end but there isn't. War is inevitable. War is inevitable unless all of north korea's troops defect. Hell, they still got nukes, so who knows they will most likely use their nukes without a doubt. Sorry to break this to anyone niave enough to not think this.

there is no peaceful way to end this. Korea's unification will result in the death of many peoples. Could result in the destruction of the world.
edit on 12-12-2010 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
S&F but this is nothing new, they've been prepared for war ever since the armistice which was over 40 years ago!

I was gonna say the same thing... they have been prepared for all out war since armistice!

link   
I honestly can't say that I'm surprised. They've been posturing back and forth like two cats for months now.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

well this is new

South Korea resumes artillery exercises today
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
The bad thing is countries previously involved with the Korean War will have to step in like Canada for instance or Australia or NZ. It is going to be a messy situation but North Korea tends to blow a lot of smoke I think the new kid is just trying to make a name for himself trying to be an image of his father.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by hypr2008

I honestly don't think they are blowing smoke this time around...I hope that I am wrong though..

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Correct! It is their game plan. The only one they have with a couple of nukes in their back pocket. I remember the Korean War. The North and their Chinese buddies had no problem sending human wave after wave against our troops. They can affort to lose a lot of people for what they can gain. But of course, the South will pay a hell of a price with the big guns pointed directly at Souel. Even a week of war will cost both sides enormous sums and the North is willing to pay that human price and even that of their nuke facilities which be destroyed within a hour of their attacking. All done on the possibility they will get tons of food and rebuilding materials for appeasement if they don't attack and the exact same with rebuilding supplies thrown in f they get themselves smashed.

Watch the amazing living graph video in the link below. Virtually all of the axis countries defeated in WWII have grown at faster rates than the allies to either equal or surpass them in per capital income and health.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbkSRLYSojo&feature=player_embedded

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
This is the way I see it, I could be wrong. If someone wants to go to war they go to war. They don't sit around talking about doing it for years.

If they wanted to go to war with South Korea when they shot those shots, they would have GONE TO WAR. When you see hordes of troops moving, then you know they're serious.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Ego verses Ego, Should be interesting to see what comes of this. People never learn.

Love and peace

Rick

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
CAN YOU SMELLLLLLLLLAAAA

WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING

since 2006 i have been smelling the same rhetoric
it was delayed ... but the tension is so high that it can really happen tomorrow
accident or a false flag attack

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

dude, that was an awesome video
thought I would embed it for ya
so others don't have to copy and paste

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew
Could result in the destruction of the world

Okay.

Truth is: North Korea is a paper tiger. It has only a handfull of nuclear weapons and even those are fireworks that would struggle to destroy a hospital, let alone a city. Sure, it has an enormous army. But so what? In the modern age firepower talks, not numbers.

All North Korea does is posture; that's all it will ever do. It hides behind China, making threats like a child stood beside its big brother. But it's laughable to think China would risk war with the US over it's annoying little sibling.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The posturing will go on....regardless of a serious engagement being fought.
Even if theres relative peace. the threat of instant war(just add blood) will be with the korean peninsula till they unite....or...they destroy each other in the process.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join