It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel's leader does not want to share Jerusalem

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Oh please.. If you beleive all the crap you are more naive than I thought. Hamas was elected with a majority in theire general assembly (whatever they call it) and the Prime Minister position stayed with the PA under a power sharing agreement. When the PA was making headways with peace with Israel, Hamas got pissed. A back and forth between the 2 groups occured, when Hamas decided to remove the other elected PA positions by force, sendong one member back to his family sliced into steaks.

I am familiar with the June 67 borders. And as I stated before the resolution ending the 67 war did not end the war with the 48 borders. The British pointed this discrepancy out to their own Government and the UN, and no one acted on it, which is why Israel did not retreat back in all areas.

As far as the will of the Palestinian people... How do you come to that conclusion when the Fatwah members who were legitimately elected were exocuted and replaced by Hamas members? Does not quite sound like the complete will of the people to me.

Why dont you check out the charter for Hamaz and Hezboalh, both of which, to this day, call for the destruction of Israel. When they were asked why they dont change it, they never gave a straight answer. The reason given by the way, was because its a "historical document".

Both sides are at fault.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Lest you be wise in your own sight, I want you to understand this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.

Romans 11:25

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by suigeneris

I'd say the fullness of the Gentiles has just about come in.

The entire Western world right now is in a stage of irreversible collapse from all indicators.

Time to punt to the other side.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by suigeneris
Lest you be wise in your own sight, I want you to understand this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.

Romans 11:25

What does that mean? I have a hard time making sense of those verses.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
world war II started this, world war III will fix it.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

And WWIV will be fought with sticks and rocks.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

As you might imagine, the Arabs did not do so well in treating Christians and Jews with respect last time they countroled the holy city.

I don't know how anyone in their right minds could pick sides in this tribal conflict. I would not cozy up with the Muslims if my life depended on it and the Jews are not much better! I the Arabs had the chance, they would slaughter the Jews so the Jews feel they need to slaughter the Arabs first? It is insane bloodlust.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Gee, given that Islam is taking over the world, why should Israel share a little piece of real estate?

It's like the tons of left wing news organizations (CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, PBS, NPR, AP,...) and the only one that happens to leans right gets slammed daily.

Major disconnect.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
This will never be settled.

Peace leads to the eventual integration of Palestinians and muslims from other countries into Israel. Which leads to Jews becoming the minority in Israel. In a democracy, that means their entire culture changes. Laws, everything.

This is the issue. It's always been the issue. It will always be the issue. Everything else is chatter and details.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I call BS.

Folks have been trying to change/alter/eradicate their culture for millennia, and theirs is the only one still intact while the cultures of all others have been changed, altered, or eradicated.

I don't think they're worried about being outnumbered.

For them, it's been a way of life.

And as a refresher, they were vastly outnumbered in manpower, wealth, tanks, artillery, aircraft, trucks, reinforcements, and every other category in 1948-49, 1967, and 1973.

In fact, it's almost embarrassing how outmanned and outgunned they were to put such an asswhipping on those that determined to wipe them out.

You gotta LOVE it!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Israel's leader does not want to share Jerusalem

JERUSALEM – Israel's leader on Sunday dismissed a call from a key government partner to share the holy city of Jerusalem with the Palestinians, a reminder of the obstacles facing already troubled peacemaking efforts.

Conflicting claims to east Jerusalem lie at the heart of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. The dispute over the area, home to sensitive Jewish, Muslim and Christian holy sites, has derailed past peace talks and spilled into violence. Palestinians claim the sector as the capital of their future state.

...However...

Netanyahu's defense minister, Ehud Barak of the centrist Labor Party, called for sharing Jerusalem with the Palestinians. But a government official said Barak's idea does not reflect the government's view.

Jerusalem belongs to God..no one else.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by area6

Nah, there will always be a way to keep Israel Jewish.

That's why there's going to be peace- These negotiations will result in a lot of Israeli Arabic territories being transferred to Palestine, which will reduce the demographic risk.

It'll all balance out eventually.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Stiff crackers to the Palestinians. Oh no the little baby Palestinians are upset with the big bad Israeli's who won't share. Oh diddums, harden the hell up Palestine!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   

It's good that you think both sides are to blame but your idea of punishment for both sides is a little bias don't you think?

You say Palestine should throw out it's elected leaders and I assume by you not stating different, all current blockades would remain in place..

Then you say Israel should be punished by REDUCED aid money from the US??

How about NO money or anything else from the US including weapons?
How about sanctions and blockades on Israel?

Now that would be fair and MIGHT make them negotiate...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

The U.S doesn't want to hurt Israel, and why should it? Because it's taking it's time in negotiating peace? Is that worth hurting the Israeli army, something which might have far reaching consequences considering the state of Lebanon at the moment?

Israel is a pawn. The U.S doesn't want to risk reducing or stopping the aid to Israel because it might open up a spot for someone else to become Israel's BFF..

Money makes the world turn.

Hamas is still attacking Israel, just yesterday a soldier was severely injured from sniper fire in a shoot out on the border..

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eliad

The U.S doesn't want to hurt Israel, and why should it? Because it's taking it's time in negotiating peace? Is that worth hurting the Israeli army, something which might have far reaching consequences considering the state of Lebanon at the moment?

Israel is a pawn. The U.S doesn't want to risk reducing or stopping the aid to Israel because it might open up a spot for someone else to become Israel's BFF..

Money makes the world turn.

Hamas is still attacking Israel, just yesterday a soldier was severely injured from sniper fire in a shoot out on the border..

The US is helpng Israel because they have power in the WH..
Plain and simple and everyone knows it..
Israel has one of the best economies in the world..
They should be giving, not taking...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

That's such a simplistic anti Israeli propaganda way of looking at things..
Only a fool would take things at face value.

A wise man would ask why would anyone in the WH be for Israel? What power can Israel possibly hold over these people? How can Israel own the American WH?

To which the answer is that Israel does not own the WH, but rather it is the WH that owns Israel.
Saying Israel owns the WH is like saying a dog owns its owner simply because that owner won't cut down on treats when its neighbors tell them to.

The WH has very good reasons to support Israel, reasons that are purely political and are in favor of only the U.S.

The truth is that Israel is a pawn, and has always been a pawn of the U.S. It is a tool to keep the middle east in check, it is a base of operations, it used to be a proxy in the cold war against the soviets, and now it's a proxy in the war against Iran...

Honestly, do you really think a politician acts on anything other than his own best interest?

Or you can just dumb yourself down and tell yourself it's plain and simple and everyone knows it, and not give it a second thought..

But you don't seem the type.

The fact that its economy is doing well doesn't mean it has a lot of money in its coffers.. Most countries in the world are still much richer than Israel..

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Am I crazy for really wanting all of the surrounding countries to attack Israel... Imagine all of the fanatics that would be erased on both sides..

Muslims are violent, intolerant cave men. Except the metro ones.. Like found on this site.
Zionist Jews - are manipulative arrogant pests.....

The middle east is a place where wars will forever be a big part of its history.
edit on 12/13/2010 by Resurrectio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons

Hamas have already stated they will agree to a two state solution in accordance with international law,.

BEEEEEEEEEP!

Please supply evidence of this. My BS detector just went off the chart,.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Jerusalem is the hardest knot to untie....as is right of return. I would expect any deal in regards to one having to deal with the other main sticking issue.

The Palestinians will not get right of return..... the Israelis will not get both parts of Jerusalem. Both are deal breakers for both sides.If they really want peace, each side will have to swallow it's own bitter pill and accept both.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join