It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel's leader does not want to share Jerusalem

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

That's such a simplistic anti Israeli propaganda way of looking at things..
Only a fool would take things at face value.

You know, it's really laughable..

I speakout about my home Australia, I'm not called anti-Australian..
I speakout about the US, I'm not labeled anti-US..

The same applies to every country I speak out about EXCEPT Israel...
Why is that Eliad??
You've been in threads where I've spoken out about other countries..
No one including you have called me anti any other country...

Many here are like me and just call it as we see it..
That's not anti...It's an opinion based on what we hear, see and know...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Wasn't saying you were anti Israeli, I was saying this opinion is simplistic and comes out of opposition to Israel rather than logic. Lucky for me there's a name for such thing, and it's called anti Israeli.

It's just a term, the other side is called pro Israeli, which is what I am. Add to it the fact that there is such a thing as anti American and pro American, and I really don't see why it's laughable..

You know what's laughable? The fact that you completely deflected my point by focusing on the fact that I said 'anti Israeli' instead of 'Israeli opposed' or whatever.

I wasn't calling you anti Israeli, and I don't really believe you are, it's just a term, let's move on.

Got anything with any substance to say?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

Eliad..you've been in countless threads and seen all the proof as I have..
I'm not going to post the same stuff you've seen before..
As I said in the other thread..
We disagree, now move on...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eliad

Got anything with any substance to say?

The sole reason Israel is blockading the Gaza Coast and keeping the Palestinians out of there is because Israel has natural gas rigs off the coast.

That natural gas belongs to the Palestinians. Israeli's are stealing.

8th Commandment: "Thou shall not steal"

So much for being religious people 'eh??

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by Xcathdra

Oh how nice of Barak to consider 'sharing' stolen land. No different than someone stealing your car and telling you how virtuous and honorable they are for letting you drive it once a month...
And it is not a matter of what Israel wants, they are illegally occupying East Jerusalem...if America simply stopped protecting Israel at the UN, sanctions would be placed and Israel would be forced to abide by international law and retreat back in to their own legal borders or face a crippled economy.
edit on 12-12-2010 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

Stolen? It was won by conquest, just as every empire today was including those "innocent" Muslim Countries surrounding them.

I fail to see how anyone can justify the insanity in all of this, fact of the matter is if a Country is won by conquest its lands are forfeit.
edit on 14-12-2010 by Gakus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

1) Show me what you mean (I've seen the "Israel is mining Palestinian gas" argument being debunked on two different threads already)

2) So it's not about smuggling weapons? Israel wouldn't have minded Hamas smuggling containers full of weapons as they've been caught trying before had there not been oil and gas deposits in front of Israel?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Gakus

The Geneva convention did not exist centuries ago. Israel likes to quote international law when it benefits them and disregard it when it does not, just like some other countries i might add. Doesn't mean we should stop striving to enforce it.
edit on 14-12-2010 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Gakus

Stolen? It was won by conquest, just as every empire today was including those "innocent" Muslim Countries surrounding them.

I fail to see how anyone can justify the insanity in all of this, fact of the matter is if a Country is won by conquest its lands are forfeit.

I thought international law through the UN etc stopped that barbaric notion decades ago..
By your notion does the US now OWN Iraq and most of Afghanistan?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The territory Israel won in 1967 was vast, and it at that moment became Israeli territory.

I recall the Egyptians kept lying to their people saying they were winning, right up until Israel got into position to make a run on Cairo. THEN they wanted a ceasefire.

I also recall the Syrians were still talking a bit of trash until the Israelis were just down the road from Damascus.

I also recall how the Soviets were absolutely screaming, as it was their equipment being captured and destroyed so very easily by the Israelis. Happened again in 1973, and they were really ticked then - threatening to invade Israel!

The Geneva Conventions don't really address territorial gains one makes during a counterattack.

The territories generally recognized are those agreed upon at the time of the ceasefire.

And for the record, the US never went into Iraq or Afghanistan for the purpose of conquest, nor did they lay claim to any territory.

You guys just make this crap up as you go along?

And where in Hades are these oil/gas wells off the coast of Gaza?

Gaza can get food/medicine/supplies through two land routes, one through Israels and one through Egypt.

But no weapons. The only reason for the approach by sea is to smuggle in weapons. You'd think they'd spend their precious money on medicine, schools, food, fresh water supplies, sewage treatment, and infrastructure, but that is beyond these idiots.

Got some money? Let's buy more weapons!

Brilliant.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

But no weapons. The only reason for the approach by sea is to smuggle in weapons. You'd think they'd spend their precious money on medicine, schools, food, fresh water supplies, sewage treatment, and infrastructure, but that is beyond these idiots.

Idiots??
Those IDIOTS were smart enough to buy firefighting gear while Israel was busy buying more tanks..
Not that stupid I gues....

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by Gakus

The Geneva convention did not exist centuries ago. Israel likes to quote international law when it benefits them and disregard it when it does not, just like some other countries i might add. Doesn't mean we should stop striving to enforce it.
edit on 14-12-2010 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

A valid opinion, however it needs to be observed by all, or ignored by all. The piece meal arguments I have seen supproting the UN when it goes after Israel, and condemning the UN when it goes after Arabs.

The most recent examples is the UN report on the Israeli Floatilla actions. Supported by Arab countries, including Hamas and Hezbollah with no question. When the UN release a report holding hezbollah accountible for the assasination of the Lebanese Prime Minister, they label the report a fraud, accuse Israeli intelligence of forging the report, and tells any arab who agrees witth the report they will be executed as collaborators of Israel and the US.

My argument is this is a continuing cycle with no end in sight, aside from higher and higher body counts. Its very apparent the groups in control, both in Israel as well as Hamas and Hezbollah, Iran and a few others are not helping the situation at all.

The Israelis want to be secure and left alone.
The Palestinians want their own state that is just as inviolable as Israels.

We have people on both sides playing to special intrest groups who could care less about the situation, as long as the cycle continues.

This is why I said funding should be cut for both sides, forcing a middle ground approach to this.

Absent that, then we might as well tell everyone the gloves are off and its last man standing to settle this mess.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
The Geneva Conventions is crap. Dreams by old men, far removed from battle, who wouldn't be engaged anyway.

Rules of warfare that can never be followed. Rules of warfare? Are you kidding? Exactly how is the polite way, or the fair way to kill the SOB that's doing his best to kill you?

It really doesn't matter to the dead whether they were killed by a full metal jacket, an RPG, a .50 caliber round that ripped him in half, or explosives delivered by hand, artillery, or aircraft. Dead is dead.

The only thing the average soldier is concerned with is killing this immediate threat while surviving the process, and after he's dead, killing the next one. Rules? There's no rules! You'll use your weapon, a stick, your helmet, your knife, or a tomahawk. You'll gas him, burn him, blow him apart, impale him, puncture him, drown him strangle him, beat him to death, or if he's face down, you'll put your boot in the middle of his spine, grab him by the arms and pull upwards sharply until you hear a sound like a carrot snapping.

You can't follow rules in war. It's a joke to even pretend you have rules.

You win land in battle, it's yours. If they take it back, it's theirs.

But in the meantime, you own the land, you make the rules.

Always has been, always will be.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

This is why I said funding should be cut for both sides, forcing a middle ground approach to this

You have to get serious..
How can you cut Palestines funding???

And your concept of the UN works both ways..
Israel does the same...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage

Stiff crackers to the Palestinians. Oh no the little baby Palestinians are upset with the big bad Israeli's who won't share. Oh diddums, harden the hell up Palestine!

let me see u stand infront of israeli snipers, american made abram tanks and american made apache helicopters flying over you head and throw rocks at them.

don't slip on your urine while running back to your moms house.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Ok but I will only be following the trail you left! lol

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

No, those are the ones that don't spend money on terror..

There were no fire fighters coming out of Gaza.. I doubt they can put out a dumpster, let alone a forest fire..

Which is kind of his point- If even half of the money spent on weapons was invested in housing, schools, infrastructure, etc, the people of Gaza would have been much better off.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eliad

No, those are the ones that don't spend money on terror..

There were no fire fighters coming out of Gaza.. I doubt they can put out a dumpster, let alone a forest fire..

Which is kind of his point- If even half of the money spent on weapons was invested in housing, schools, infrastructure, etc, the people of Gaza would have been much better off.

Probably the most ignorant thing I've seen yet. You do realize that concrete is not allowed in gaza yeah?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
As a young child, I had been exposed to the story of the Jew Holocust, and what Hitler did to them. I wept as i read and watch the newsreels, innocent man, women and children sentenced to death for just being jews.

As I grew up, i studied more and realised that the jews had always been ill treated by many nations that they sought refuge in for centuries. I am utterly saddened by this, for I came from a multi-racial nation where one's skin color is of no consequence, but only one's wit and intelligence to contribute to the whole matters more.

Yet, once again, today, I am saddened by what the leaders of Israel had done to my fellow brothers and sisters of the jewish and arab ethnic groups.

Jerusalem is but only a piece of rock. No doubt it had a cultural and religious symbolism attached to it, but still, it is only a piece of rock. Humans matter more than inanimate objects, and if such a question was put to our common Creator we mankind share, it will be His children that He would favour more than pieces of rocks.

The senile elders of Israel had serve their time, and are incapable of accepting change, just as senile arab leaders do. but change is the only constant in life, and with such changes, we must adapt and comprehend what matters more - the precious gift of life.

King Solomon, directly annointed by our Creator, was himself put to the test when he pass judgement on the birthrigh between 2 woman. Cut up the child and share it between the 2 women was his solution. In the end, the true mother gave up the lawsuit inorder that the child may live.

Sometimes, the choices one make over something precious is difficult and painful, but if we do what must be done, there lay the greater rewards. The true mother got her child. And if Jerusalem is meant for Jews, it will be theirs, but by divine justice, or shared, but not by flawed senile man made decisions.

Is it worth the losing of such lives over a piece of rock, over blatant racism and religion that instead can be shared by all?
edit on 15-12-2010 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

First of all this ban is how old? 3-4 years? Are you really looking that short term? They had all the cement they needed, but they used it to build bunkers and covers to attack our soldiers from.

Secondly the lack of cement is not what prevents them from putting money into their educational system, their infrastructure, electricity, water, etc.

Thirdly there are many ways of building houses that don't require cement, most of them much cheaper, and much better than building with cement, like clay bricks and such, and it's something that's already been done in Gaza before the ban, and after. Do you really think all the houses in Gaza are made with cement?

And fourthly Israel is allowing lots of cement in, but only for U.N projects so far, like schools and community centers, and the likes, simply because we can trust the U.N not to make bunkers out of them..

There are a lot of uses for this money other than guns that could improve the Gazaen's lives dramatically, that don't require cement.
To say that the ban on cement is why Hamas spends money on guns and not rebuilding is the most ignorant thing I've seen.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
these "settlers" aren't humble pilgrams looking for a better life and a patch of land to grow some squash.

they aren't charles ingles going to walnut grove for lumber and some tobacco for his pipe.

these settlements are armed forts with watchtowers and gun turrets on strategic hills over looking palestinian towns surrounded by mines and barbed wire.

these "settlers" don't even work, they are subsidized with money and supplies, i.e. american tax dollars, by israel.

they are paid upward to 100,000 dollars to live there and build their home. they patrol their settlement armed with automatic rifles and radio support. israeli defense forces and military personnel are only a click away on military frequencies.

these settlers are some of the most hardcore zionist zealots ready to rid every inch of biblical israel of gentiles.

israel backs them, the u.s. condones them and when they say that these settlements are an obstacle to peace they aren't kidding.

edit on 15-12-2010 by randomname because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join